Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would Petersen have landed JTT?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If Lake goes 8 and 5 everyone will want him fired

Over two seasons you mean.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Yes, but that's beside the point. I'm not evaluating or comparing them or talking about what's fair. I'm just saying that the effect of 8-5 on recruiting would have been pretty minimal if nothing else had changed.
    I agree on that point but the world stopped soon after Pete departed

Would the continuity have helped if Petersen had stayed? Yes

Would the damage of the not playing rep the north ducks DAWGS against playoff bound tOSU hurt still? Yes

And this is a hypothetical and we don't do them<</b>/blockquote>

Hey speak for yourself.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oh sweet irony.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh sweet irony.

Blame

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've wondered if Petersen sensing Emeka and JT being lost to Ohio State with almost no chance to change their minds was one of the reasons he decided to quit. The story about Emeka wearing Ohio State gloves with Petersen went to watch him play part of that.

I assume he would have gotten neither.

Wasn't there strong rumors that like two Junes ago JT had committed or was going to commit to UW?

Oddly I think he had a better chance at JT than Emeka somehow.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We would have had a better chance. I think probably not tho.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

8-5 = job security
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By everyone I mean here

The only opinions that matter

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited July 2021
    Program lost all credibility once Pete stepped down. It shows in recruitment. Lake couldn’t even recruit his defensive coordinator who chose to work for Sark… imagine that
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is by far the most positive Petersen talk I've read on this site
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I've wondered if Petersen sensing Emeka and JT being lost to Ohio State with almost no chance to change their minds was one of the reasons he decided to quit. The story about Emeka wearing Ohio State gloves with Petersen went to watch him play part of that.

Wasn't there strong rumors that like two Junes ago JT had committed or was going to commit to UW?

Petersen was a good closer. UW won most ecruiting battles that went down to the wire under him, including those against the likes of tOSU. I think those two recruits and the effort it was going to take to get them could've been one factor in him quitting. He didn't want to have to work that hard.

It's obvious what happened with Petersen. He didn't want to live at the office, fire undeperforming assistants, retool a floundering offense, and especially not continue the ass kissing to unlikable 16-17 year old kids.

It's OK to recognize his reasons for quitting and still hate him for it. Facts are facts. Rolling over in the bowl games is on him. 8-5 with losses to the likes of Colorado is on him. Whatever he did good is obscured by all of that and it's justifiable. It should be possible to talk about other aspects of his time at UW without rehashing those facts which are already well established though.
    That's all fine but then he needs to get the fuck off of campus. No statues for 3 straight NY6 losses.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

chuck said:

Petersen was a good closer. UW won most ecruiting battles that went down to the wire under him, including those against the likes of tOSU. I think those two recruits and the effort it was going to take to get them could've been one factor in him quitting. He didn't want to have to work that hard.

It's obvious what happened with Petersen. He didn't want to live at the office, fire undeperforming assistants, retool a floundering offense, and especially not continue the ass kissing to unlikable 16-17 year old kids.

It's OK to recognize his reasons for quitting and still hate him for it. Facts are facts. Rolling over in the bowl games is on him. 8-5 with losses to the likes of Colorado is on him. Whatever he did good is obscured by all of that and it's justifiable. It should be possible to talk about other aspects of his time at UW without rehashing those facts which are already well established though.
    That's all fine but then he needs to get the fuck off of campus. No statues for 3 straight NY6 losses.
    Agree with this. Did some good things. Left a solid program that a real mercenary could take to the next level, but he was not gonna be that guy and doesn’t like the type of people who are. Get him away and stop paying him if you’re begging for money. I’m all in!!!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

Agree with this. Did some good things. Left a solid program that a real mercenary could take to the next level, but he was not gonna be that guy and doesn’t like the type of people who are. Get him away and stop paying him if you’re begging for money. I’m all in!!!
    Thats a really concerning point.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,116
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Peterman and Simone Biles are drinking a martini somewhere
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment