Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where does UW get the best coaches

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,413 Swaye's Wigwam

UW football will never be the same. UW has enjoyed great success and some lows prior to and during the Don James era. Even during the lows, I think everyone felt getting back on top was possible and likely. Since then it’s been low to average with a glimpse of former glory that faded quickly. Let’s face it, the UW has changed and so has college football.

Cut!

Great work Mike but can you add a some more tears? Quiver the lip a bit and I think we got the shot. ROLLING!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,050 Founders Club
    edited July 2021

Baseman said:

I don't see Hill boating to work unless he rowed across Lake Washington in the predawn hours with the crew team ( @YellowSnow )

Hill would have rowed a pine canoe that he carved himself using nothing more than a 3" knife.
    He would have rowed till his hands bled. Not like Yella for an hour or two and then back to the cozy shack for crack (butt).
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

chuck said:

We hated Pool Boy but LSU loves him. Wonder if it has anything to do with his bosses at the two schools

Nobody will remember this, but I suggested on many occasions that poolboy was doing a good job with the hand he was dealt. I suppose that could have been while I was still at doogman, but I think I said so here too.

HIV was right in this case.

HIV is undefeated
    Disagree

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2nd-person-cured-of-hiv-thanks-to-stem-cell-transplant
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

We hated Pool Boy but LSU loves him. Wonder if it has anything to do with his bosses at the two schools

Nobody will remember this, but I suggested on many occasions that poolboy was doing a good job with the hand he was dealt. I suppose that could have been while I was still at doogman, but I think I said so here too.

HIV is undefeated
    Disagree

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2nd-person-cured-of-hiv-thanks-to-stem-cell-transplant
    HIV just needs more tim to get reinfection back in there.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

HIV is undefeated
    Disagree

HIV just needs more tim to get reinfection back in there.
    For our sake, I hope not
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

UW football will never be the same. UW has enjoyed great success and some lows prior to and during the Don James era. Even during the lows, I think everyone felt getting back on top was possible and likely. Since then it’s been low to average with a glimpse of former glory that faded quickly. Let’s face it, the UW has changed and so has college football.

We are winning the PAC this year Mikey. Good shot next year too.
    Want to bet? And if we do, great, win the weakest power 5 conference and then go shit the bed on the National stage. Script.
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

Want to bet? And if we do, great, win the weakest power 5 conference and then go shit the bed on the National stage. Script.
    This. There is no good ending unless a Pac-12 team wins it all. Even quook win over crab legs pussy juice w fingers gets relegated cause they got toasted by tattoo parlor u
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Should never have fired Gil Dobbie.

UW did and gave Ty an extra year. So Washington of Washington
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Our coaches and kids would do it the right way, though. Classy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

40 percent UW, 40 percent Oregon, 20 percent the rest. I have no delusions about beating Alabama or Ohio State. I’ll gladly take getting embarrassed on the National stage. Win the PAC and let the chips fall.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

We got him because Joe Kearney knew where to look

yes and no. let's not forget Don James was our third or fourth choice. we? tried hard to hire Mike White from Cal
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club

40 percent UW, 40 percent Oregon, 20 percent the rest. I have no delusions about beating Alabama or Ohio State. I’ll gladly take getting embarrassed on the National stage. Win the PAC and let the chips fall.
    40 Oregon, 40 USC, 20 UW, 20 Other. I will not gladly take getting embarrassed on the national stage. I’m tired of that shit. Win or GTFO.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    chuck said:

I was roasted for suggesting this over a Thai lunch in Bellevue one summer day. Or maybe it was Indian food in Renton.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

100%

Kill collegiate sports. Making most of these players attend class is fucking stupid.

Make the NFL & NBA play for their own minor leagues. The rest can go play club sports or whatever because no one really cares except them and their parents.
    dnc said:

40 Oregon, 40 USC, 20 UW, 20 Other. I will not gladly take getting embarrassed on the national stage. I’m tired of that shit. Win or GTFO.
    Mike gives 120%.

I love that about the guy.
    I’m an over achiever.
    TommySQC said:

100%

Kill collegiate sports. Making most of these players attend class is fucking stupid.

Make the NFL & NBA play for their own minor leagues. The rest can go play club sports or whatever because no one really cares except them and their parents.
    I think that idea is exciting because players get to be paid what they are worth.