Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music June 30

Last Day, I think I have gone full circle. Plus, I'm a little burnt out on it.

1951 - Stanley Clarke
Stanley Clarke, jazz bassist who has worked with Chick Corea, Santana, Keith Richards, Quincy Jones, Paul McCartney and the fusion band Return to Forever.

1956 - Adrian Wright
Adrian Wright, The Human League. Formed in Sheffield, England in 1977 the group attained widespread commercial success with their third album Dare in 1981. The album contained four hit singles, including the UK/US No.1 hit 'Don't You Want Me'.

1963 - Yngwie Malmsteen
Yngwie Malmsteen, Swedish guitarist, songwriter and bandleader. Malmsteen first became known in the 1980s for his neoclassical metal playing style in heavy metal.

1968 - Philip Anselmo
Philip Anselmo, from American heavy metal band, Pantera, who had the 1994 UK hit single 'I'm Broken'. Pantera released four albums during the 1980s. Anselmo is the frontman for the Louisiana-based heavy metal supergroup Down and is also the owner of Housecore Records.

1985 - T-Pain
T-Pain, (Faheem Najm), American hip-hop and R&B singer, who scored the 2007 US No.1 ‘Buy U a Drank, Shawty Snappin'.

1973 - George Harrison
George Harrison knocked Paul McCartney from the top of the US singles chart with 'Give Me Love, Give Me Peace On Earth'. His second US No.1, a No.8 hit in the UK was the opening track on his 1973 album Living in the Material World.

1973 - Slade
Slade were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Skweeze Me Pleeze Me', the group's fifth UK No.1 and second single to enter the chart at No.1.

1976 - Neil Diamond
Police raided the home of Neil Diamond searching for drugs, they found less than one ounce of marijuana.

1979 - Anita Ward
One Hit Wonder Anita Ward started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Ring My Bell', also a UK No.1.

1984 - Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen's 'Dancing In The Dark' peaked at No.2 on the US chart, the first of six singles from his seventh studio album Born In The U.S.A. which all hit the US Top 10. The video was shot at the Saint Paul Civic Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and shows Springsteen pulling a young Courteney Cox from the audience to dance along with him on the stage.

1990 - New Kids On The Block
New Kids On The Block started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Step By Step'. The group's third US No.1, a No.2 hit in the UK. Their album 'Step By Step' also went to No.1 on the UK album chart today.

2001 - Lady Marmalade
Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Lady Marmalade.' A hit for LaBelle in 1975; then it was at No 1 in 1998 for All Saints. This version was from the Baz Luhrmann film Moulin Rouge.

Comments