Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on coming 12 team playoff?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

Way fucking better. 8 would be ideal, but whatever, at least now every NY6 bowl will mean something, even if the RB becomes even more bastardized.

Edit - nevermind, with the first round bye format there would still be an NY6 rotation. Or we can just tell peach and cotton to fuck off.

There should be no bowls or no playoff. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Playoff + CTE = no CFB in 20 years

If white upper middle class progressive have there way it will be replaced with Lacrosse and soccer.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    Yeah the old BCS system was best. Because schools are not created equal, and succes is therefore relative, so alums and fans were pumped up for all the bowl games.

Even in 2015 when WSU was in a shit bowl and so was UW, it was fun being in that environment and talking shit back and forth for what are essentiallly post season exhibition games (because they happened at roughly the same time if I remember correctly)

My Beavlet inlaws talk about all the bowls they've been to and those experiences. It's great. It separates the sport from Pro sports, for sure.

But they killed that in 2014 anyways, and the FCS system is okay, so if you're going to pivot may as well pivot to that instead of this top 4 thing.

Top 4 helped Oregon, helped UW (maybe, not). But it's not very interesting for a variety of reasons.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    There are over 120 teams….how do you have a 4 team playoff

Either expand the field or reduce the teams
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    8 is great imo. Every P5 gets their Champ? in and the best G5 team gets in. Leaving 2 spots for what would no doubt be the highest draws.

No teams have an advantage of playing less gaymes to get to the Natty this way as well.

• Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

TTJ said:

If white upper middle class progressive have there way it will be replaced with Lacrosse and soccer.
    Their*
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2021
    godawgst said:

1) It's a money grab above all else no matter what the NCAA says
    2) See #1

Overall thoughts is the Regular Season becomes watered down, devalued and is now about seeding

There are 15-20 P5 AD's (including Jen Cowen) who should be fired for financial maleficence if they ever schedule any non-conference game that isn't a lay-up

If you lose 0-2 games your in, and even if you lose three you will be on the bubble.

New Pac-12 Commissioners 1st order of business even above next TV deal is to try and convince Presidents of stepping back to 8 conference games. Playing the 9th one is even more of a suicide mission now versus the ACC and specifically the SEC

I like it. The only problem is it adds the potential for three games for teams finishing 5-12.

What makes it work is that it only adds one game (potentially) for the highest four finishers.

I understand that some FCS teams play a fuckton of games but we are dealing with some really fucktarded ADs in some of the non SEC conferences.

Its an abomination if it takes away from the 12 game existing schedule.

It doesn't really do away with the good non-conference match ups it just moves them to the post season.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Their*
    *their ---- (its in the middle of the sentence, dickweed.

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    As long as it doesn’t impact the Weedeater Bowl I’m good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

8 is great imo. Every P5 gets their Champ? in and the best G5 team gets in. Leaving 2 spots for what would no doubt be the highest draws.

No teams have an advantage of playing less gaymes to get to the Natty this way as well.

“Here’s how I would do it” POTD

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,017
    If we had this in 2016 we might have won at least one playoff game.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Thoughts on coming incapacitations and deaths of students and athletes forced to take the Covid 1984 'jab'...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thoughts on coming incapacitations and deaths of students and athletes forced to take the Covid 1984 'jab'...

I hate myself for getting the jab just so that I can watch Meat celebrate on our field again.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    haie said:

I hate myself for getting the jab just so that I can watch Meat celebrate on our field again.
    Because you were a good sheep and obeyed your government and got the stab, for now you can sit in the Aryan (Vaccinated Only) section. Your god Josef Mengele Fauci said it is only effective for 666, I mean 6 months, so you will be back to sitting with the Jews (Unvaccinated Section) if you're still alive. You will need to submit to the next round of medical experimentation to sit with the Brownshirts again.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

Because you were a good sheep and obeyed your government and got the stab, for now you can sit in the Aryan (Vaccinated Only) section. Your god Josef Mengele Fauci said it is only effective for 666, I mean 6 months, so you will be back to sitting with the Jews (Unvaccinated Section) if you're still alive. You will need to submit to the next round of medical experimentation to sit with the Brownshirts again.
    Circumvacced Section stands on 3rd down!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

haie said:

I was willing to take it to the end.

I've been out 2-4 times per week. No covid symptoms, other than those that crossover to hangover symptoms.

At the end of the day, willingness to be belligerent at pubs and sports ball games did me in.

My company had tickets lined up for me for the Blazers playoffs, but only if I was fully vaccinated (only 1 shot at the tim).

I envy, ugghhh, I guess SEC and ACC fans, even though I hate them.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

I've been out 2-4 times per week. No covid symptoms, other than those that crossover to hangover symptoms.

At the end of the day, willingness to be belligerent at pubs and sports ball games did me in.

My company had tickets lined up for me for the Blazers playoffs, but only if I was fully vaccinated (only 1 shot at the tim).

So your company is run by fascists, and you can be bought for the price of a ticket to a shitty basketball game.

Sad, but I guess it's better than the chumps that could be bought for a burger and fries, or for the chance to win a Vax sweepstakes prize (prizes that aren't actually awarded, except maybe to verified Free Masons, who don't get a real jab anyway, because they're in on the scam).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

So your company is run by fascists, and you can be bought for the price of a ticket to a shitty basketball game.

Sad, but I guess it's better than the chumps that could be bought for a burger and fries, or for the chance to win a Vax sweepstakes prize (prizes that aren't actually awarded, except maybe to verified Free Masons, who don't get a real jab anyway, because they're in on the scam).
    I guarantee you that the owner of my company thinks closer to you than anyone else. He sold most his assets and moved out to the sticks way outside of Oregon City. Great guy. He just doesn't care what kills him, 5G, Covid, the Denver Nuggets, the 2016 Huskies. As long as they're bringing him a beer he doesn't care.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I guarantee you that the owner of my company thinks closer to you than anyone else. He sold most his assets and moved out to the sticks way outside of Oregon City. Great guy. He just doesn't care what kills him, 5G, Covid, the Denver Nuggets, the 2016 Huskies. As long as they're bringing him a beer he doesn't care.
    Great guy, I'm sure, who evidently just doesn't care what maims or kills his employees either, incentivizing the Vax. As long as they're bringing him a beer he doesn't care.

How much are the Nazis paying him? Or maybe they promised him a minor position in the 4th Reich.