Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music June 10

1910 - Howlin Wolf
Chester Burnett, (Howlin Wolf) Chicago blues singer, guitarist and harmonica player. Several of his songs, including 'Smokestack Lightnin'', 'Back Door Man', 'Killing Floor' and 'Spoonful', have become blues and blues rock standards. He died from cancer on January 10th 1976.

1922 - Judy Garland
Judy Garland, singer, actress. Played Dorothy in the 1939 film 'Wizard Of Oz' sang 'Over The Rainbow' in the film, 1961 US No.1 comeback album 'Judy At Carnegie Hall'. 'Over The Rainbow' was voted the 'Song Of The Century' in a 2001 poll published in America. She died June 22nd 1969 of a barbiturate overdose.

1961 - Kim Deal
Kim Deal, American singer, songwriter and musician who with American alternative rock band Pixies, released the 1988 album Surfer Rosa. She was also a member of The Breeders, with Tanya Donelly, Josephine Wiggs and her identical twin sister Kelley Deal and later performed with The Amps.

1964 - Jimmy Chamberlin
Jimmy Chamberlin, drummer with American alternative rock band, Smashing Pumpkins who had the 1995 US No.1 album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

1972 - The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones double album Exile on Main Street went to No.1 on the UK chart, the bands seventh UK No.1 album. In 2010, the re-released album entered the UK chart at No.1, almost 38 years to the week after it first occupied that position. The Rolling Stones are the first act to ever have a studio album return to No.1 after it was first released.

1978 - John Travolta
John Travolta and Olivia Newton John went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'You're The One That I Want' also No.1 in the UK.

2016 - Rod Stewart
Rod Stewart was knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list for services to music and charity. Stewart said: "I've led a wonderful life and have had a tremendous career thanks to the generous support of the great British public. This monumental honour has topped it off and I couldn't ask for anything more."

Comments