Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music May 24

1941 - Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan (Robert Zimmerman), American singer-songwriter, author, and painter. Dylan has released over 40 albums since 1964, and was a major influence on The Beatles. His biggest hits are the 1965 US No.2 single 'Like A Rolling Stone', the 1969 UK No.5 single 'Lay Lady Lay', and his 1964 UK No.1 album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. He has won many awards throughout his career including the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature, and twelve Grammy Awards. Dylan was also a member of The Traveling Wilburys.

1944 - Patti Labelle
American singer, songwriter, Patti Labelle who scored the 1975 US No.1 & UK No.17 single 'Lady Marmalade', (with Labelle), and the 1986 US No.1 & UK No.2 single with Michael McDonald, 'On My Own'. Labelle became the the first African-American vocal group to land the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

1955 - Rosanne Cash
American singer-songwriter and author, Rosanne Cash, the eldest daughter of country music icon Johnny Cash and his first wife, Vivian Liberto Cash Distin. She won a Grammy in 1985 for 'I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me', and has received twelve other Grammy nominations. She has had 11 No.1 country hit singles, 21 Top 40 country singles and two gold records.

1969 - Rich Robinson
Rich Robinson, guitarist with The Black Crowes (along with older brother Chris Robinson), who had the 1991 hit single 'Hard To Handle' and the 1992 US No.1 & UK No.2 album The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion. The band have sold more than 30 million albums.

1968 - The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones released the single 'Jumpin Jack Flash' in the UK, the track gave them their seventh UK No.1 hit. Keith Richards has stated that he and Jagger wrote the lyrics while staying at Richards' country house, where they were awoken one morning by the sound of gardener Jack Dyer walking past the window. When Jagger asked what the noise was, Richards responded: "Oh, that's Jack – that's jumpin' Jack."