Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    I Picked up this Tag Heuer Calibre 5 Aquaracer a few weeks ago because I'm an addict and realized I'll probably never be cool enough to get on the list for a Rolex "Hulk" Submariner like Swaye. I simply can't fathom shelling out 20k for a stainless steel sub that retails under 8, so I needed to go another route for my green diver fix.

It's a pretty beefy 43mm, satisfying bezel click(though hard to grip), and the teak dial plays nicely with light. Tag is definitely entry level lux so no in house movement on this guy, but the build of the case and bracelet is quality (if not a little chunky).

At 300m depth rating it out performs a lot of higher priced divers and the lume is loud which I love.

It will be a fun watch to bang around on the river/boating this summer.

Edit Bonus photo of a wrist shot with my nephew after gifting him his first watch (a $7 Goodwill find, might as well be a Rolex to him)

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I Picked up this Tag Heuer Calibre 5 Aquaracer a few weeks ago because I'm an addict and realized I'll probably never be cool enough to get on the list for a Rolex "Hulk" Submariner like Swaye. I simply can't fathom shelling out 20k for a stainless steel sub that retails under 8, so I needed to go another route for my green diver fix.

It's a pretty beefy 43mm, satisfying bezel click(though hard to grip), and the teak dial plays nicely with light. Tag is definitely entry level lux so no in house movement on this guy, but the build of the case and bracelet is quality (if not a little chunky).

At 300m depth rating it out performs a lot of higher priced divers and the lume is loud which I love.

It will be a fun watch to bang around on the river/boating this summer.

TAG Guacamole!!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Great watch @Doogles has a really nice look to it. Got the Patek piano dial thing going on a bit...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    Put the tag on a green NATO strap and it's officially Sacramento River Trash Ready:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Put the tag on a green NATO strap and it's officially Sacramento River Trash Ready:

American River or GTFO
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Got this Casioak for Father's Day.

• Options
    Founders Club

That's bad ass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Casioak is cleeeeean
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    I got in a mini standoff with the manager of an Omega boutique and he basically punked me in real time and didn't want to play the negotiation game.

So you know I had to get it through other channels.

New 2021 Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch. Updated movement is a certified master chronometer and METAS anti-magnetic.

If that wasn't enough, the redesigned bracelet is a homerun, with an aggressive taper, female end links that keep the fit tight (especially for smaller wrists on a 42mm), 5 fitted links that remind me of a jubilee and presidential bracelet. Elegant, light, but strong as fuck, this bracelet is an instant classic.

Also love the increased depth on the sub dials, really looks like moon craters in the dial.

Can't wait to lazily window shop the boutique with this guy on.

Some lume

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I got in a mini standoff with the manager of an Omega boutique and he basically punked me in real time and didn't want to play the negotiation game.

New 2021 Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch. Updated movement is a certified master chronometer and METAS anti-magnetic.

If that wasn't enough, the redesigned bracelet is a homerun, with an aggressive taper, female end links that keep the fit tight (especially for smaller wrists on a 42mm), 5 fitted links that remind me of a jubilee and presidential bracelet. Elegant, light, but strong as fuck, this bracelet is an instant classic.

Also love the increased depth on the sub dials, really looks like moon craters in the dial.

Some lume

Come se dice balls in face en Puerto Rican?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Some lume

Baller. That new bracelet is dynamite. This will be a waiting list watch soon.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Read something about a new Omega Seamaster 300 and thought it was maybe a cheaper version or something as I had no clue if it was a limited run or what, but it looked great with the vintage style and doesn't have the helium valve (which I do not care for). I thought $7k, not bad. Wife Husband laughed at me.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Read something about a new Omega Seamaster 300 and thought it was maybe a cheaper version or something as I had no clue if it was a limited run or what, but it looked great with the vintage style and doesn't have the helium valve (which I do not care for). I thought $7k, not bad. Wife Husband laughed at me.

So @BleachedAnusDawg they just added blue dial to the "heritage" Seamaster 300.

It's my life quest to buy one. But Mrs Snow has us about $50K over budget on home improvement projects which is nice.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2021

It's my life quest to buy one. But Mrs Snow has us about $50K over budget on home improvement projects which is nice.

Your dick grows like three more inches if you buy that watch. Science.
  • Options
    Founders Club

NTD, BB
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I've sold off most of my expensive watches sans the FP Journes. I am trying hard to be an everyman like you turds, vice the baller I once was. In related news, found out I have 3 illegitimate kids and they all won their court cases for child support.

I have a couple of cool "cheaper" alternatives coming in soon. I will be sure to update the thread when they arrive.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I've sold off most of my expensive watches sans the FP Journes. I am trying hard to be an everyman like you turds, vice the baller I once was. In related news, found out I have 3 illegitimate kids and they all won their court cases for child support.

I have a couple of cool "cheaper" alternatives coming in soon. I will be sure to update the thread when they arrive.

@puppylove_sugarsteel playing 4D butt-stuff chess while Red Man plays checkers.

It is smart of you to publicly state that you "sold" the nice watches to keep them away from the Gub'mint when they come calling for those payments, though.