Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Advice on Buying Land/Building a House

2»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,047 Founders Club
    Story tim.

I was playing cards with a big tim real estate developer. Due has done warehouses for Amazon and 500-doors of multi-family. No slouch.

He was telling me how he was doing a deal with another broker who was bragging to him, "I've never lots an Earnest Money."

He responded, "I wish you would have told me that before we got under contract. I wouldn't have worked with you."

Poont being, land can be such a bitch that walking away from Earnest Monies are a necessary cost of doing business.

@PurpleBaze
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,738 Founders Club
    Cool story, brutha @pawz ...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,633 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021
    Fuck all this bullshit. Contractor came up to me on Friday and said, "the electrician who just came in to give a bid wants to pull a permit". Like fuck he is. Fuck that guy. Get another electrician. Other construction guy says "my uncle is a retired journeyman electrician, he'll do it". This was for four canned lights....so not rocket science. Maybe 3/4 of a day's work at most. Ceiling is still open so simple.

Easy peazy. No fucking inspection, no fucking hassles.

These fuckers just want to get shit done and they know when they need to deal with the gubmint and when they don't.

War Idaho!

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    This all sounds so awful. I had such a bad experience I truly never want to deal with zoning/building safety government ever again.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    yah, i was remodeling the bathroom in a 1922 beau arts historically significant building and the window was too small for code.. the window was out getting rehabbed and the building inspector was in to evaluate the plumbing when he spotted the window and glibly stated that we needed to be aware that window replacement would require bringing it up to current code and that it was a good thing that we had not removed the window [we had] or we would have a major problem.

You never know what the inspectors are going to say next or what could possibly trigger the next inexplicable issue.

yah, i was remodeling the bathroom in a 1922 beau arts historically significant building and the window was too small for code.. the window was out getting rehabbed and the building inspector was in to evaluate the plumbing when he spotted the window and glibly stated that we needed to be aware that window replacement would require bringing it up to current code and that it was a good thing that we had not removed the window [we had] or we would have a major problem.

You never know what the inspectors are going to say next or what could possibly trigger the next inexplicable issue.

Beaux Arts the city, or beau arts a time period?
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    @pawz time period... here is some of the styling...

I love it. This is totally 'my' style.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,984

VERY nice. That's my style. I was born in the wrong era.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,528 Swaye's Wigwam

The era where you hire a maid? Holy nooks and crannies to dust, Batman!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,984

The era where you hire a maid? Holy nooks and crannies to dust, Batman!
    Precisely.