Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This Day in Music April 22

1922 - Charles Mingus
American jazz double bassist, pianist, composer and bandleader Charles Mingus, His final project was the collaboration with Joni Mitchell Mingus. He died 5th January 1979 aged 56.

1936 - Glen Campbell
Glen Campbell, country singer, songwriter, TV presenter. Hits include ‘By the Time I Get to Phoenix’, ‘Wichita Lineman’, and ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’. As a session musician in the 1960s he worked with Bobby Darin, Ricky Nelson, The Monkees, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra. His guitar playing can be heard on ‘Strangers in the Night’ by Frank Sinatra, ‘You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'‘ by The Righteous Brothers and ‘I'm a Believer’ by The Monkees. Campbell became a patient at an Alzheimer's long-term care and treatment facility in 2014 and died of the disease in Nashville, Tennessee on August 8, 2017 at the age of 81.

1950 - Peter Frampton
British-American rock musician Peter Frampton who with The Herd, had the 1968 UK No.5 single 'I Don't Want Our Loving To Die', with Humble Pie, the 1969 UK No.4 single 'Natural Born Bugie'. As a solo artists he scored the 1976 UK No.10 single 'Show Me The Way' taken from his live release Frampton Comes Alive!. Frampton has worked with David Bowie, George Harrison, Harry Nilsson. Frampton is known for his work as a guitar player and particularly with a Talkbox.

1972 - Deep Purple
Deep Purple scored their second UK No.1 album with Machine Head. The album which features 'Smoke on the Water' and 'Highway Star', is often cited as a major influence in the early development of the heavy metal music genre and commercially, it was Deep Purple's most successful album.

2001 - Destiny's Child
Destiny's Child went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Survivor.' Their second chart topper, they were the first US female band to have more than one UK No.1. The song won the trio a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Group.

2007 - Beyonce & Shakira
Beyonce & Shakira were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Beautiful Liar'. The track won the Most Earth-Shattering Collaboration award at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards and the song won an Ivor Novello Award for Best-Selling British Song.

Comments