Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

13 year old boy menacingly put his hands up to resist arrest

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BangaRang said:

These debates are so fucking stupid.

I don't hang out in alleys at 2am, firing weapons, run from cops, resist or wrestle cops if detained, act like a dick if pulled over, wear my pants below my ass with a knife in the belt loop, take drugs, etc etc.

I am alive and will continue to be so until I float away to heaven, unlike all of these "Innocent heroes" who all share a common denominator of a mix of the above actions, and forced the cops' hands. None of these dumb azzes would be dead if they just got in the dam car, and none of the stops/confrontations were unwarranted.

What is the point of listing those behaviors? Wouldn't it suffice to list just the behaviors that threaten the cops?
    The only point I would make is that the photo circulating around appears to be a 8 or 9 year old, not 13, and what I saw of the kid on the ground didn't look much like that little kid photo.

2:30 a.m., armed, on a Monday (school) night, accompanying a guy who fired his weapon several times, is not the conduct of the innocent child personal profile the press is pushing. I want facts as much as the next guy, but the lionization of the victims in these cases are a little too much to take and make me care a little less, not more, as a result.

None of this excuses the fuck ups of the cops. But it most certainly undercuts the "hunting" and "execution" narratives.
    I agree. And I also understand that the cops are going to do some profiling to stay alive. We all make assumptions. IDK shit about this case, or care. But the conversation should, IMHO, always be focused on the threatening behavior. Last I checked, it's ok to act like a dick when interacting with a cop. I don't owe that guy any more respect than I do someone who bumps into me at the grocery store. Sure, I myself try to be respectful, but its not required to stay alive. Likewise, you have buffoons walking around Walmart visibly armed to the teeth with weapons that could level the entire store in 20 seconds or less;, so if I want to wear my pants down below my underwear line and have a knife in my beltloop, then I'm going to and it's not a supporting reason for the state to shoot me. Same thing with 2:00 a.m. What the fuck is this, Soviet Russia with the curfews?

So, again, I ask, why do need to list those as factors? I tell ya, this place hasn't been the same since @MikeDamone (RIP) left us. He kept the statists in check.
    So can cops arrest those resisting arrest? Running from a crime, like shooting a gun at night in a city? Cops serving an arrest warrant for previously resisting arrest and then missing their court date? Let us know. Doesn't mean they get a free shot, but I'm not making a hero out of any of these tools. Not making a hero out of these cops either.
    Yes.

Now a question for you. Can the cops shoot somebody on the basis of how they wear their pants? Even partially on the basis of how they wear their pants? Would the way they wear their pants ever tilt in the favor of the cop's discretion to shoot, all things being equal?

I'm always surprised that the guys who hate the government the most so often vociferously defend the most pure expression of government force.

I'm assuming the cops here weren't focused on where this kid's waistline was before shooting; but at least one person here thinks that's a relevant consideration.

It's called "reactionary empathy," Creep. Up until the trigger was pulled, the cop was just doing his job, by the book.

It's pretty common to personalize (as opposed to hating big guvmnt) the event and wonder "what would I have done?" Or that there must be some kind of explanation, reasonable or not, for why the guy pulled the trigger.

And it wasn't because he was "hunting black or brown people," on camera, with numerous witnesses and security cameras everywhere.

The simplest explanation, for now, is that the guy fucked up bad and shot when he shouldn't have, but until I hear something from the cop, I can't imagine what he saw or felt that made him squeeze the trigger.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

BangaRang said:

I don't hang out in alleys at 2am, firing weapons, run from cops, resist or wrestle cops if detained, act like a dick if pulled over, wear my pants below my ass with a knife in the belt loop, take drugs, etc etc.

I am alive and will continue to be so until I float away to heaven, unlike all of these "Innocent heroes" who all share a common denominator of a mix of the above actions, and forced the cops' hands. None of these dumb azzes would be dead if they just got in the dam car, and none of the stops/confrontations were unwarranted.

What is the point of listing those behaviors? Wouldn't it suffice to list just the behaviors that threaten the cops?
    The behavior was that the cops knew he had a gun. They didn't know he threw it away. It was dark. Still it looks like a bad shooting, just like in Brooklyn Center, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Don't resist arrest.
    Then that's pretty much all you gotta say isn't it? If there was a reason they knew he had a gun and reasonably didn't know he dropped it, then if he behaves in a way that indicates he intends to use it, fire away.

But knives in beltloops and 2:00 am and how he wears his pants? You a statist too?
    Profiling is wrong, as is prejudice. But it's part of our innate survival instincts that we wouldn't survive as a species without. It's built in and it's one of those things we need to stay aware of and occasionally check ourselves about.

But today, in this "race is everything" environment, I am daily profiled as rich, white, privileged, Republican, racist, sexist, whatever. You name the derogatory terms and I guarantee I fit a dozen or more of them on any given day.

When I hear "white America" I can only laugh at the incredible ignorance of such a statement. You think Germans and French get along? How about Germans and Brits? How about Russians and every other country they occupied during the cold war? You think those fuckers are allies because they're all white? Think again, folks.

This one looked like a bad, unjustified shooting from the jump, even though the kid was a little punk, by all indications. And trigger happy cops have been a problem for a long time.

But the language we use, pregnant with bogus assumptions, is not going to help us sort this shit out. And with kindergarteners being mentally assaulted daily with CRT based bullshit - the result of which is hate - I'm not optimistic these problems are going to go away or get better anytime soon. I fear just the opposite.
    It is the opposite. BLM is not well intentioned and the results are in. More dead black people and the destruction of major cities. Plenty of useful idiots resulting in death and destruction.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

BangaRang said:

The behavior was that the cops knew he had a gun. They didn't know he threw it away. It was dark. Still it looks like a bad shooting, just like in Brooklyn Center, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Don't resist arrest.
    Then that's pretty much all you gotta say isn't it? If there was a reason they knew he had a gun and reasonably didn't know he dropped it, then if he behaves in a way that indicates he intends to use it, fire away.

But knives in beltloops and 2:00 am and how he wears his pants? You a statist too?
    Profiling is wrong, as is prejudice. But it's part of our innate survival instincts that we wouldn't survive as a species without. It's built in and it's one of those things we need to stay aware of and occasionally check ourselves about.

But today, in this "race is everything" environment, I am daily profiled as rich, white, privileged, Republican, racist, sexist, whatever. You name the derogatory terms and I guarantee I fit a dozen or more of them on any given day.

When I hear "white America" I can only laugh at the incredible ignorance of such a statement. You think Germans and French get along? How about Germans and Brits? How about Russians and every other country they occupied during the cold war? You think those fuckers are allies because they're all white? Think again, folks.

This one looked like a bad, unjustified shooting from the jump, even though the kid was a little punk, by all indications. And trigger happy cops have been a problem for a long time.

But the language we use, pregnant with bogus assumptions, is not going to help us sort this shit out. And with kindergarteners being mentally assaulted daily with CRT based bullshit - the result of which is hate - I'm not optimistic these problems are going to go away or get better anytime soon. I fear just the opposite.
    It is the opposite. BLM is not well intentioned and the results are in. More dead black people and the destruction of major cities. Plenty of useful idiots resulting in death and destruction.
    I don't disagree. So not sure what you mean by opposite? Wait, ah, you're agreeing with me. Got it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    BTW: I would advocate weighted nets to catch people and prevent them from running away as a humane form of non-lethal force. They use them to catch monkeys and gorillas, so why not humans?

I'll tell you why, because comparing monkeys or gorillas to humans would be considered racist as fuck.

What's more, thanks to Alex Haley's fiction, we all saw Kunta Kinte getting captured by a net in the opening intro for Roots (which did not happen), so there's no fucking way throwing a net over somebody wouldn't be deemed racist as fuck based on the history of any American TV watcher.

There's always tranquilizer darts, but those are non-starters for the same reason gorilla nets are out. "You treated him like an Animal! Like a Gorilla!"

Optics>>>>>>Saving Lives.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

BangaRang said:

The only point I would make is that the photo circulating around appears to be a 8 or 9 year old, not 13, and what I saw of the kid on the ground didn't look much like that little kid photo.

2:30 a.m., armed, on a Monday (school) night, accompanying a guy who fired his weapon several times, is not the conduct of the innocent child personal profile the press is pushing. I want facts as much as the next guy, but the lionization of the victims in these cases are a little too much to take and make me care a little less, not more, as a result.

None of this excuses the fuck ups of the cops. But it most certainly undercuts the "hunting" and "execution" narratives.
    I agree. And I also understand that the cops are going to do some profiling to stay alive. We all make assumptions. IDK shit about this case, or care. But the conversation should, IMHO, always be focused on the threatening behavior. Last I checked, it's ok to act like a dick when interacting with a cop. I don't owe that guy any more respect than I do someone who bumps into me at the grocery store. Sure, I myself try to be respectful, but its not required to stay alive. Likewise, you have buffoons walking around Walmart visibly armed to the teeth with weapons that could level the entire store in 20 seconds or less;, so if I want to wear my pants down below my underwear line and have a knife in my beltloop, then I'm going to and it's not a supporting reason for the state to shoot me. Same thing with 2:00 a.m. What the fuck is this, Soviet Russia with the curfews?

So, again, I ask, why do need to list those as factors? I tell ya, this place hasn't been the same since @MikeDamone (RIP) left us. He kept the statists in check.
    So can cops arrest those resisting arrest? Running from a crime, like shooting a gun at night in a city? Cops serving an arrest warrant for previously resisting arrest and then missing their court date? Let us know. Doesn't mean they get a free shot, but I'm not making a hero out of any of these tools. Not making a hero out of these cops either.
    Yes.

Now a question for you. Can the cops shoot somebody on the basis of how they wear their pants? Even partially on the basis of how they wear their pants? Would the way they wear their pants ever tilt in the favor of the cop's discretion to shoot, all things being equal?

I'm always surprised that the guys who hate the government the most so often vociferously defend the most pure expression of government force.

I'm assuming the cops here weren't focused on where this kid's waistline was before shooting; but at least one person here thinks that's a relevant consideration.

It's called "reactionary empathy," Creep. Up until the trigger was pulled, the cop was just doing his job, by the book.

It's pretty common to personalize (as opposed to hating big guvmnt) the event and wonder "what would I have done?" Or that there must be some kind of explanation, reasonable or not, for why the guy pulled the trigger.

And it wasn't because he was "hunting black or brown people," on camera, with numerous witnesses and security cameras everywhere.

The simplest explanation, for now, is that the guy fucked up bad and shot when he shouldn't have, but until I hear something from the cop, I can't imagine what he saw or felt that made him squeeze the trigger.
    Yeah, I get that. And I hope it goes without saying that I think all the "hunting black people" and media hyperbole is bullshit and non-sense.
  • Options

BTW: I would advocate weighted nets to catch people and prevent them from running away as a humane form of non-lethal force. They use them to catch monkeys and gorillas, so why not humans?

I'll tell you why, because comparing monkeys or gorillas to humans would be considered racist as fuck.

What's more, thanks to Alex Haley's fiction, we all saw Kunta Kinte getting captured by a net in the opening intro for Roots (which did not happen), so there's no fucking way throwing a net over somebody wouldn't be deemed racist as fuck based on the history of any American TV watcher.

There's always tranquilizer darts, but those are non-starters for the same reason gorilla nets are out. "You treated him like an Animal! Like a Gorilla!"

You make an interesting point here. And, yes, I've no doubt some asshole would make those comparisons to "an African safari" and it would catch fire like nobody's business.

But I'm all in favor of the police not having to shoot at people whenever possible. I imagine they are too. Let's face it: who wants to be the cop the next day after this happens?
  • Options
    edited April 2021

BangaRang said:

Yes.

I don't care how they are dressed. I care about the resisting arrest part. I couldn't have been more clear about that. The "taser" shooting and the kid with his hands in the air look like bad shootings. But this wouldn't have happened if the resisting arrest part hadn't come into play. Right now it seems a large percentage of the black community thinks that they have a right to resist arrest and that doing so makes you a hero.
    Well, you'll forgive me; it appeared you jumped in after I jumped in to respond to the guy that listed the typical trope line of "thug" indicators as seemingly relevant considerations. Taking the conversation in another direction didn't exactly settle the point. My mistake, I guess.

To be clear: if you've put yourself in a situation in which the cops are reasonably apprehensive about their own safety, whatever happens do you happens to you. But hanging out in alleys at 2:00 am is an expression of liberty, as is the way you dress.

I'll tell you though, the weapon bit is going to be a slippery slope here in the near future. This shit with people walking around carrying weapons like a Delta Force solider as an expression of their 2A rights is going to create some murky water. You wait and watch. I've actually been in the Walmart in Shelton (don't ask) and have seen some of this in the recent months.

Some clever plaintiffs lawyer is going to connect those dots some day. So then you will be forced down the rabbit hole of " 'he had a gun. yeah, so what?' " and then all that shit about 2:00 am and wearing your pants too low is going to be where you have to go. Said another way, we have created an environment now that merely having a weapon, concealed or otherwise, is not in and of itself unusual and thus necessarily necessarily threatening.

Think about it.
  • Options

You make an interesting point here. And, yes, I've no doubt some asshole would make those comparisons to "an African safari" and it would catch fire like nobody's business.

But I'm all in favor of the police not having to shoot at people whenever possible. I imagine they are too. Let's face it: who wants to be the cop the next day after this happens?
    Could we even reach a point in a conversation today where we actually compared what was worse, death or being treated like an animal? I can't imagine most conversations reaching that point, regardless of the color or ethnicity of those involved. Minds are made up, based on complete group-think. CRT and Ethnic Studies are the worst offenders in that regard: Complete and total group-think. And if you dare to question it, that proves your racism.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

In many places you'd be thrashed and probably beaten for showing any empathy for the cop. It appears to me that's where we are today. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    "But hanging out in alleys at 2:00 am is an expression of liberty, as is the way you dress."

C'mon Creep. Be fair. You can't isolate that from the gunshots and the gun. Not in this case, anyway.

The cop wasn't detaining the kid for his clothes.
  • Options

Every shooting isn't justified. That's a fact

Telling kids to run from the cops is fucking stupid. That's a fact

Saying every shooting isn’t justified is just trying to win the presser when you’ve spent years defending every shooting.

You’re all sizzle, no steak.
    Fuck off you lying sack of shit
    You sure you don’t want to wait for all the facts to come out before deciding if I’m a liar?
    The facts are in

I care when cops kill white people
    I don’t think you’d care unless it was someone you knew. Empathy is not the fascists strong suit.
    @TheKobeStopper is using words he doesn't understand again.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lots of good points in this thread - a little more reasonable than many a thread

If I get the story correct, the cops are responding to a 'shots fired' call. They will be on edge, the kid and his friend? were running from the cops. Who cares what time it was other than at 2AM it is harder to see than 2PM.
    Ya think the kid would be on edge also after shots fired? not too much it seems - is that a common thing in his neighborhood?

too bad about the kid and the cop that shot him -
    Maybe when that type of call comes in, the cops can go to a Keep Your Cool refresher class and then show up 2 hours later all relaxed
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

BangaRang said:

Yes.

You assume it was an unplanned event and arrest attempt.

What if it was planned?

Ask yourself - when has a cop done something wrong and not been placed on administrative leave? Or not have the police union close ranks?

When has an officer who will ultimately be charged for a crime EVER resigned the next day?

And the police chief resigns too?

All a little too convenient.

Trust no one.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have a big fucking problem with trigger happy cops killing people.

This isn't an example of that. Kid is running with a gun after his adult "friend" was shooting at passing cars in Latino gang territory, in a city with third world murder rates, at 2:30 in the morning. He dropped the gun so the cop shouldn't have shot him, but that's an extremely high-stress, high-stakes situation and well within the bounds of reasonable accidents on the part of the police. Not at all a news-worthy story.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Crazy white dude killed yesterday by Portland police. MSM thankful he was white and wanted the leftards to know that to keep the rioting down. Chauvin verdict next week? Good times.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

WHY ARE DEMOCRAT-MONOPOLY INSTITUTIONS SUCH CESSPITS OF RACISM? Oregon newspaper deletes tweet identifying police shooting victim as a white person after online uproar. ‘We generally do not identify race in news stories but…’

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,561
    Swaye's Wigwam
    13 year old kid shooting a gun at 2:30 in the am with a 21 y/o "friend". Kid had been missing for two days but his mom hadn't reported it. The cop is way down the line of people to blame here.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

13 year old kid shooting a gun at 2:30 in the am with a 21 y/o "friend". Kid had been missing for two days but his mom hadn't reported it. The cop is way down the line of people to blame here.

Obviously systemic white racism is to blame. Just ask Kobe.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Probably was a little shit.