Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Baseman Initiates Coverage on Viacom CBS (VIAC) Strong Buy

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
After recent attention from @godawgst, citing VIAC's modest $15B is "pocket change for FB, Apple, Google, Amazon" cash rich companies hungry for media content and further analysis, we have raised VIAC to Strong Buy with a near term (1yr) price target of $45.

Conservatively one should expect VIAC to touch at least $45 a share by 2021 - 60% upside from current levels. Long term (over the next five years) shareholders could see $100 a share (3x)

ViacomCBS, Inc. formed following the merger of Viacom, Inc. and CBS Corp. as of 12/4/19. The global media and entertainment company’s portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Cen- tral, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV, and Simon & Schuster, among others. Operating segments: TV Entertainment (43% of 2019 v’s.), Cable Networks (45%), Film (10%), and Publishing (3%). Sumner Redstone’s NAIEH/National Amusements, Inc. controls 80% of Class A and Class B shares

PE: 7
P/FCF: 6

Info only, pigeons. Not an offer or solicitation.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    Baseman said:

After recent attention from @godawgst, citing VIAC's modest $15B is "pocket change for FB, Apple, Google, Amazon" cash rich companies hungry for media content and further analysis, we have raised VIAC to Strong Buy with a near term (1yr) price target of $45.

Conservatively one should expect VIAC to touch at least $45 a share by 2021 - 60% upside from current levels. Long term (over the next five years) shareholders could see $100 a share (3x)

ViacomCBS, Inc. formed following the merger of Viacom, Inc. and CBS Corp. as of 12/4/19. The global media and entertainment company’s portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Cen- tral, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV, and Simon & Schuster, among others. Operating segments: TV Entertainment (43% of 2019 v’s.), Cable Networks (45%), Film (10%), and Publishing (3%). Sumner Redstone’s NAIEH/National Amusements, Inc. controls 80% of Class A and Class B shares

In at $26, out at $92. Almost a 4 bagger in 7 months. Keep working your bored @creepycoug. I appreciate you trying to make something out of my abject failure.

h/t @godawgst
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2021
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

In at $26, out at $92. Almost a 4 bagger in 7 months. Keep working your bored @creepycoug. I appreciate you trying to make something out of my abject failure.

h/t @godawgst
    This is well in line with your brand.

You're welcome btw.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst
    What’s your next one
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst
    What’s your next one
    You'll have to subscribe to his new bored. Good luck!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst
    Out just before VIAC plunged with a nearly 50% loss in this last week. @SECDAWG is monitoring you.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst
    Out just before VIAC plunged with a nearly 50% loss in this last week. @SECDAWG is monitoring you.
    Six years old, but still wise words from our friends at the SEC:

https://www.sec.gov/oiea/investor-alerts-bulletins/ia_rumors.html
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst

Those fuckers are everywhere. Their monitoring tools are insane.

Just remember - it's not the guy at the company giving you the inside scoop whose at risk. It's the guy that trades on the insider info who will go to the gray bar hotel.

Unless you're in Congress and then we call that "Friday".

• Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst

Just remember - it's not the guy at the company giving you the inside scoop whose at risk. It's the guy that trades on the insider info who will go to the gray bar hotel.

Good point. One poont of clarification on tipping liability: if the tipper benefits at all by the tippees trade, they are in the soup with the trader. Note, the caselaw on this poont has evolved such that it takes very little to meet this element of the case. Simply wanting to develop a relationship with someone or ingratiate yourself to someone will suffice. The government will work hard to find that angle. If the tippee is related to you, it's over. There's a relatively recent and well known case involving a father trading on information from his son. Son actually argued, "benefit? I hate my Dad," and there was some evidence that he really did and was not trying to help him. Government said, "that may be, but he's your dad and you stand to potentially benefit from him gaining wealth. you're going to jail."

Tipping Liability is the most pernicious trap in the anti-fraud rules. It is a risk for the unwary. So, free legal advice for the day. If you have MNPI, don't even tell your spouse about it. She tells her mom (my CSO tells her mom everything), mom blabs and another family member trades, you are at risk now.

Just forget what Blue Horseshoe thinks about BlueStar. Move on. It's not worth it.
  • Options
    And yes. The SEC and FINRA rival central intelligence with their ability to monitor. They are probably watching us have this conversation right now because of a few key words we've used.
  • Options

And yes. The SEC and FINRA rival central intelligence with their ability to monitor. They are probably watching us have this conversation right now because of a few key words we've used.

I've said it many times. Nothing scares me except Mrs Throbber v 2.0 and the Securities Exchange Commission. Terrified of both.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bought in 2008 at 10 sold at 60 and then rest at 45 February 2020 right b4 crater.

Bought at 30/25/21/10 in March/April 2021 and then sold as started climb. Last sale was at 89. Still have 1/4 of position left.

When it hit 40 today tried to get in, but was late.

No chance on gods green earth it was worth 100 (how do you feel if you agreed to buy when they announced capital raise by bankers at 95 and 100 this week and 5 days later it's worth half that. Ouch) as their streaming service is JAGGY just like Peacock, but better than AT&T, and behind Discovery plus and of course Netflix and Disney.

Absolute crater it did this week was Gamestop like, which makes me wonder if the reddit warriors were behind it's meteoric rise more than I thought.

If so, for a TRADE only, if you buy under 50, at some point in the next 2/3 weeks it will rocket back up to mid 60's. When it does pull the rip cord and take the win.

• Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

h/t @godawgst

Good point. One poont of clarification on tipping liability: if the tipper benefits at all by the tippees trade, they are in the soup with the trader. Note, the caselaw on this poont has evolved such that it takes very little to meet this element of the case. Simply wanting to develop a relationship with someone or ingratiate yourself to someone will suffice. The government will work hard to find that angle. If the tippee is related to you, it's over. There's a relatively recent and well known case involving a father trading on information from his son. Son actually argued, "benefit? I hate my Dad," and there was some evidence that he really did and was not trying to help him. Government said, "that may be, but he's your dad and you stand to potentially benefit from him gaining wealth. you're going to jail."

Tipping Liability is the most pernicious trap in the anti-fraud rules. It is a risk for the unwary. So, free legal advice for the day. If you have MNPI, don't even tell your spouse about it. She tells her mom (my CSO tells her mom everything), mom blabs and another family member trades, you are at risk now.

Just forget what Blue Horseshoe thinks about BlueStar. Move on. It's not worth it.
    Most of my experience has been around board members trying to show how big their dicks are at cocktail parties rather than actually spilling usable info.

Rich people can be real idiots.