Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What a cool week for the Huskies man

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
CJ sneaks into the bottom of the first round, going to the Clips.

Didn't expect him to go before the mid second round honestly. Good for him.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kyle Anderson is gonna be nice for the Spurs. Teams were sleeping on him. I think he will become one of the best role player in the league and will be a perfect replacement for Diaw in a few years.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Really? His value sky rocketed after he killed it at the combine. Was one of the most athletic, one of the best shooters, and one of the better defenders.

I though late first and early 2nd at worst.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    And you guys wanted to fire Romar.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    You can't expect to go to the tournament with only one 1st rounder on your team.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    HuskyJW said:

You can't expect to go to the tournament with only two 1st rounders on your team.

Tony wroten and Terrance Ross say hi
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Even more reason Romar is a shitty coach. He had 3 first rounders on one team and couldn't make the fucking tournament.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Really? His value sky rocketed after he killed it at the combine. Was one of the most athletic, one of the best shooters, and one of the better defenders.

I though late first and early 2nd at worst.
    I saw some mock drafts that had him going late first, so I wasn't surprised.

CJ is a very good athlete. He was quicker and jumped only an inch less than Ross when they tested. His athleticism doesn't really translate that well though. He will never be a threat off the dribble or getting to the rim at the NBA level. He's a spot up shooter who has enough size and quickness to hold his own defensively.

I don't think his ceiling is very high, but he will probably have a nice career as a rotation player.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I loved reading on the twitter and on the radio this morning about how great of a coach Lorenzo Romar is because he's had 7 first round picks under his watch ...

I LOL'ed (because I like to LOL) when I heard those same people complain about the people that say that Romar has never won championships because he's won 4 PAC championships (hardy har har) ...

Romar's had plenty of talent at the UW ... how he's never gotten past the Sweet Sixteen, much less how many times he's not made the tournament when he should ... FYFMFE
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I loved reading on the twitter and on the radio this morning about how great of a coach Lorenzo Romar is because he's had 7 first round picks under his watch ...

I LOL'ed (because I like to LOL) when I heard those same people complain about the people that say that Romar has never won championships because he's won 4 PAC championships (hardy har har) ...

Romar's had plenty of talent at the UW ... how he's never gotten past the Sweet Sixteen, much less how many times he's not made the tournament when he should ... FYFMFE

I don't know shit about basketball, but what does this trend indicate? He produces a lot of NBA players, but doesn't win much that matters. Does that mean he is a good developer of talent, but a poor gameday Coach? Or does it mean he has some stars, but does a poor job of creating a true team? Or both? Abundance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

I don't know shit about basketball, but what does this trend indicate? He produces a lot of NBA players, but doesn't win much that matters. Does that mean he is a good developer of talent, but a poor gameday Coach? Or does it mean he has some stars, but does a poor job of creating a true team? Or both? Abundance.
    My personal opinion:

Romar's the kind of coach that you wouldn't mind if your son played for because you know that he'd emerge from the program in better shape than he did going in (and for those that would cite Venoy Overton ... why do you have to be a twister and cite the bad apple of the group instead of all of the successes).

Generally speaking, I feel like the guys that stay in the program 3-4 years end up going on and playing fairly well professionally. Clearly there's something that Romar's doing that is right.

However, he's a terrible in-game coach and it's hard not to see that he's getting out-coached big time when he runs up against some of the better coaches.

All in all, he's been good for the University of Washington. I would love to see Lorenzo remain as part of the Athletic Department and one of our biggest sports ambassadors. But I have serious reservations about him as a coach going forward.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

My personal opinion:

Romar's the kind of coach that you wouldn't mind if your son played for because you know that he'd emerge from the program in better shape than he did going in (and for those that would cite Venoy Overton ... why do you have to be a twister and cite the bad apple of the group instead of all of the successes).

Generally speaking, I feel like the guys that stay in the program 3-4 years end up going on and playing fairly well professionally. Clearly there's something that Romar's doing that is right.

However, he's a terrible in-game coach and it's hard not to see that he's getting out-coached big time when he runs up against some of the better coaches.

All in all, he's been good for the University of Washington. I would love to see Lorenzo remain as part of the Athletic Department and one of our biggest sports ambassadors. But I have serious reservations about him as a coach going forward.
    I'll buy that, because I don't know enough to dispute it. I just know something has to be wrong when you have the kind of talent he has had and you can't do any better than 3 S16's in more than a decade. Poor game day Coach makes the most sense I suppose, because not all of these guys in the NBA were sure fire 5 star type guys when recruited. So he clearly knows how to develop kids. He just doesn't win enough with all the talent he develops. Or something.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    I don't like Romar because he hasn't won enough games. He's a great guy and he's proven to be good at developing guards/wings for the NBA. Tequilla nailed it though. He's a bad game coach. It's fucking embarrassing to watch the half court offense sometimes. Don't get me started on his in-bounds plays. He's not a bad recruiter, but he had a few years where he did a shit job and we have seen the results of that the past few years. This year won't be much better, if it's even better at all.

I hate to say it, but I think we are stuck with Romar unless he really bottoms out ($75,000) this year. 2015 is actually going to be a good recruiting class. We already have two top 100, if not top 50 players committed. Romar is getting a chance to coach those guys.

Murray is going to be very good too. Not as athletic or as good getting to the rim as B-Roy, but he's the smooth. The game looks pretty easy and effortless for him, like it looked for Ross and B-Roy. I like his game a lot.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I don't like Romar because he hasn't won enough games. He's a great guy and he's proven to be good at developing guards/wings for the NBA. Tequilla nailed it though. He's a bad game coach. It's fucking embarrassing to watch the half court offense sometimes. Don't get me started on his in-bounds plays. He's not a bad recruiter, but he had a few years where he did a shit job and we have seen the results of that the past few years. This year won't be much better, if it's even better at all.

I hate to say it, but I think we are stuck with Romar unless he really bottoms out ($75,000) this year. 2015 is actually going to be a good recruiting class. We already have two top 100, if not top 50 players committed. Romar is getting a chance to coach those guys.

Murray is going to be very good too. Not as athletic or as good getting to the rim as B-Roy, but he's the smooth. The game looks pretty easy and effortless for him, like it looked for Ross and B-Roy. I like his game a lot.

That's "God's Gift" to you.

And yeah, he's really good.