Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let’s Be Crystal Clear

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Jimmy’s in way over his head and frankly he’s facing way too many headwinds at this point to reasonably expect to turn things around ... and that’d be true even if he knew what he was doing

That said, the most pressing need is for Jen to be removed as AD

Reality is that Jen’s far too dangerous and irresponsible to make the next hire (and that’s true in a number of sports)

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    Totally agree on both counts. There are two types of coaches, athletics directors, presidents and board of Regents....

One which celebrates the achievements of the entire college team sports programs and can tell you how well the intermural program is going and gives out gold stars for participation and academic achievement in between cub scout meetings; and the other which thirsts for a dominant program and does whatever it takes through sheer willpower, ethic and intention to be a freaking winner in the money producing programs.

True leadership coaches and AD's [leaders] make it their life's blood to produce a winner, they are constantly evaluating, understand what they are witnessing and they do not let rose colored glasses color their understanding of the truth of the trajectory of the programs they are managing.

They are decisive when it counts, they have the clout, charisma and financial backing to make it happen and they are ahead of the curve to the point that it all looks seamless. Case closed Sherlock, there is no mystery here.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I mean sure, but I don't think a new AD will change much. We are not a school that is is serious about sports, and we don't have a Phil Knight that demands sports be taken seriously. Its hard for me to say that getting rid of Cohen will solve that problem.

We are fundamentally broken, and content with being an above average program that never really does anything.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I mean sure, but I don't think a new AD will change much. We are not a school that is is serious about sports, and we don't have a Phil Knight that demands sports be taken seriously. Its hard for me to say that getting rid of Cohen will solve that problem.

We are fundamentally broken, and content with being an above average program that never really does anything.

WSU has made better hires with far less resources than UW. Cohen needs to go, first.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

WSU has made better hires with far less resources than UW. Cohen needs to go, first.
    Who is going to fire her?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Pete for AD?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Just think of how proud we’ll be in 2026 when Jimmy is a defensive analyst for Sark at Texas and then in 2032 when Jimmy gets a head coach position at a top 15 program.

Let’s face it. UW either only hires inexperience, incapable coaches or retreads because they’ll do just enough to keep football in position to have positive cash flow.

@FireCohen was first and right.

Damaged goods
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Pete for AD?
    Again, how? Do you think President Ana Marie Caus is going to fire a woman AD that she hired?
    Maybe she can move the fuck on, take Larry Scott’s place
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I see Jen Cohen as similar to one of those women who can't stop talking about how much of a Seahawks fan they are.

They always dress up for "blue Friday" at the office
    They have 10 different colors of Russell Wilson jerseys
    They put Seahawks shit all over their car
    They have a 12 flag on their house
    They do their family photos in Seahawks gear
    They have Seahawks parties at their house every GameDay and advertise them throughout the week

When the game is actually on, though, they sit in the other room and talk to their friends about clothing or celebrities or any other gossip... popping in a couple times to ask how the game is going.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I see Jen Cohen as similar to one of those women who can't stop talking about how much of a Seahawks fan they are.

They always dress up for "blue Friday" at the office
    They have 10 different colors of Russell Wilson jerseys
    They put Seahawks shit all over their car
    They have a 12 flag on their house
    They do their family photos in Seahawks gear
    They have Seahawks parties at their house every GameDay and advertise them throughout the week

When the game is actually on, though, they sit in the other room and talk to their friends about clothing or celebrities or any other gossip... popping in a couple times to ask how the game is going.

Terrible take.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Pete for AD?
    Again, how? Do you think President Ana Marie Caus is going to fire a woman AD that she hired?
    This is key. What is success to Ana Mari Cauce in athletics? I find it hard to believe that the current dumpster fire would be deemed unacceptable at her level, unfortunately.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Rolo does intrigue me. I think he'll be fine but he's not in Kansas (hawaii or nevada) anymore.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Dilbert principle...Jen will get promoted to Pac12 commissioner and whatever politically correct AD replacement will right the ship in a conference that is falling to pieces.

The fact Jen wasn’t even smart enough to get into UW should have been a pretty good indicator that she might not be a crack CEO of the department...
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Jimmy’s in way over his head and frankly he’s facing way too many headwinds at this point to reasonably expect to turn things around ... and that’d be true even if he knew what he was doing

Reality is that Jen’s far too dangerous and irresponsible to make the next hire (and that’s true in a number of sports)

He won the P12 North in his first season as a HC with a new OC and new QB and 3 out of 5 new starters on the OL.

What exactly are you saying needs to be turned around?

Sure it would have been nice if Covid didn't prevent us from playing Oregon and playing in the Pac12 championship game but that is above his pay grade.

It's a bit early to predicting an off season 0 and 12.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

He won the P12 North in his first season as a HC with a new OC and new QB and 3 out of 5 new starters on the OL.

What exactly are you saying needs to be turned around?

Sure it would have been nice if Covid didn't prevent us from playing Oregon and playing in the Pac12 championship game but that is above his pay grade.

It's a bit early to predicting an off season 0 and 12.
    Lol
  • Options
    njlanjla Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Did I get whooshed here? Fire Jimmy and Jen? Though a stellar idea - a woman and a person of color ain't getting fired any time soon short of absolute scandal and pics of having sex with infants.

That's simply the tims we live in, folks. 7-5, 6-6 is good enuff.

Stating the obvious. Don't twist.

You didn’t. While recruiting is obviously not going as well as it was 2 years ago, it’s not as bad as many here claim. Top 20 by avg star rating is not terrible the last class. Having a small class keeps the ranking lower.

The company line here tho is that the program is dead. Doesn’t matter that what you said about on field performance kart season is fact. This group was funny before. Now it’s gone too far negative in my book. But whatever works.

If this fall UW didn’t win a north title and more with this talented roster, then it’s time to panic. Until then, I don’t get it.