Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let’s Be Crystal Clear

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,537
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Jimmy’s in way over his head and frankly he’s facing way too many headwinds at this point to reasonably expect to turn things around ... and that’d be true even if he knew what he was doing

That said, the most pressing need is for Jen to be removed as AD

Reality is that Jen’s far too dangerous and irresponsible to make the next hire (and that’s true in a number of sports)

He won the P12 North in his first season as a HC with a new OC and new QB and 3 out of 5 new starters on the OL.

What exactly are you saying needs to be turned around?

Sure it would have been nice if Covid didn't prevent us from playing Oregon and playing in the Pac12 championship game but that is above his pay grade.

It's a bit early to predicting an off season 0 and 12.
    Agreed. Play 2021 and see how the staff recruits before making any changes. Though her basketball hire is looking like a poor one, she was part of bringing CP to UW in the first place and reviving Husky Football.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,615
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I mean sure, but I don't think a new AD will change much. We are not a school that is is serious about sports, and we don't have a Phil Knight that demands sports be taken seriously. Its hard for me to say that getting rid of Cohen will solve that problem.

We are fundamentally broken, and content with being an above average program that never really does anything.

WSU has made better hires with far less resources than UW. Cohen needs to go, first.
    Who is going to fire her?
    Pete for AD?
    Again, how? Do you think President Ana Marie Caus is going to fire a woman AD that she hired?
    Exactly... when you look at Caus's resume you see a career long educator with admirable touchie feelie qualities that are geared toward the advancement of an egalitarian educational university. https://www.washington.edu/president/biography/

The resume does not scream business background acumen like the much hated but very business savvy Emmert. Emmert saw the obligation to advance the business of the university into the annual 1 1/2 billion dollar research grant lab as the opportunity to be addressed. It's hard to believe that the steering committee of the Board of Regents found that Caus's resume was suitable to run the business of the University but there you have it.

The slide on all fronts as the events have progressed is what you would normally expect with the change in focus of the personnel.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,537
    Standard Supporter

I mean sure, but I don't think a new AD will change much. We are not a school that is is serious about sports, and we don't have a Phil Knight that demands sports be taken seriously. Its hard for me to say that getting rid of Cohen will solve that problem.

We are fundamentally broken, and content with being an above average program that never really does anything.

WSU has made better hires with far less resources than UW. Cohen needs to go, first.
    Pete for AD?
    Again, how? Do you think President Ana Marie Caus is going to fire a woman AD that she hired?
    Exactly... when you look at Caus's resume you see a career long educator with admirable touchie feelie qualities that are geared toward the advancement of an egalitarian educational university. https://www.washington.edu/president/biography/

The resume does not scream business background acumen like the much hated but very business savvy Emmert. Emmert saw the obligation to advance the business of the university into the annual 1 1/2 billion dollar research grant lab as the opportunity to be addressed. It's hard to believe that the steering committee of the Board of Regents found that Caus's resume was suitable to run the business of the University but there you have it.

The slide on all fronts as the events have progressed is what you would normally expect with the change in focus of the personnel.

Emmert was good enough for me. He hired Woodward who hired Chris Petersen (with Jen Cohen as his right-hand woman) at UW and then Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,615
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I know... Besides hiring the wrong University President which is deadly because big time AD's do not want to work for a non business president; and then big time coaches do not want to work for a powerless and weak AD which is where we are at now; I think that the real error was in not offering the AD position to @RaceBannon when Emmert left and Woodward followed shortly thereafter...
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Jimmy’s in way over his head and frankly he’s facing way too many headwinds at this point to reasonably expect to turn things around ... and that’d be true even if he knew what he was doing

Reality is that Jen’s far too dangerous and irresponsible to make the next hire (and that’s true in a number of sports)

He won the P12 North in his first season as a HC with a new OC and new QB and 3 out of 5 new starters on the OL.

Sure it would have been nice if Covid didn't prevent us from playing Oregon and playing in the Pac12 championship game but that is above his pay grade.

Sure, go ahead and wait until they shit the bed in 2021 to draw your conclusions. Or you could just look at the consistent organizational mismanagement and go out on a limb and recognize that we probably suck.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,019

Tequilla said:

Sure, go ahead and wait until they shit the bed in 2021 to draw your conclusions. Or you could just look at the consistent organizational mismanagement and go out on a limb and recognize that we probably suck.
    Suck so much we won the Pac12 North with a first year HC, first year OC, first year QB, and most of our OL were new starters.

The sky is falling.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021

I see Jen Cohen as similar to one of those women who can't stop talking about how much of a Seahawks fan they are.

They always dress up for "blue Friday" at the office
    They have 10 different colors of Russell Wilson jerseys
    They put Seahawks shit all over their car
    They have a 12 flag on their house
    They do their family photos in Seahawks gear
    They have Seahawks parties at their house every GameDay and advertise them throughout the week

When the game is actually on, though, they sit in the other room and talk to their friends about clothing or celebrities or any other gossip... popping in a couple times to ask how the game is going.

Cmon, this is just sexist trash. Jen is clearly in over her head just like plenty of other male ADs have been in over their heads. Fire her worthless ass now. But no need to invent fictitious character traits.
    It is, but Cohen is a fan. She has no business being the AD. I know you don’t disagree with that, I’m just saying.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,723
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes, when I didn't completely agree, I had to remind myself of something when it comes to the doom and gloom and satirical posts about the program, or specific coach, or player and this particularly true right now. They're just projections. Many of us have seen enough to project, with confidence that seems to grow with every news cycle, that UW football is circling the drain.

I'm just making my call. I know it could be wrong. UW fought to 3-1 against a murderers row of Pac 12 powers and "won" the north. OK the proof isn't on the field yet. It may not be this season either.

I'll have to see a big improvement in almost every aspect, but they could change my mind on the field. I actually feel like there's a decent chance of it. I'll have to see it, but then I'll make one ceremonial round where I fuck off every negative post about anyrhing, and then settle in to being a quiet doog for as long as it lasts.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,109
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I was suckered in by Jens giant boobs. When I finally woke up from the titty fog, I realized she sucks.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete for AD?
    I completely agree with you. Which is why I always say that the culture of the city and campus will always be the biggest barriers to UW success. That's not "Tugging," just reality.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,648
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I was suckered in by Jens giant boobs. When I finally woke up from the titty fog, I realized she sucks.

When she was hired I decried the nepotism and said this was going to be a disaster. Then when the football team began winning I gave her lots of credit and said she deserved praise for doing a good job.

But now in looking at the big picture, I'm not seeing much good being done, and I'm not optimistic.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We're serious about tranny softball, volleyball, intramural girl's basketball, and rowing.

We aren't serious about football and basketball like we should be.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,648
    Founders Club

We're serious about tranny softball, volleyball, intramural girl's basketball, and rowing.

Tranny softball? C'mon now.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,711
    Founders Club

Tranny softball? C'mon now.
    Lesbian softball. NTTAWWT.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,735
    Good to know that it’s cool to say that women can’t be real sports fans but are only good for making chips and dip but tranny softball is over the line.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a FS take. Some of our row boat gals could shed a few pounds but there are no trannies. I speak from personal experience. Never once did I have a Lola type moment.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,811
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This take is as stale as this message board