Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture of 1998?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rushmore

Jesus was a Husky

@Passion true?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Big Lebowski
    American History X was pretty powerful for me, not only because a shaved-headed, chin-wigged Edward Norton was a dead ringer for one of my best friends (w/o the tats)...
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,265
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021
    Saving Private Ryan

Should be required viewing. This was before 9 11 which makes it more remarkable

I was thinking about this the other day as one of a bunch of movies I loved and should re-watch cause it has been too long. It's crazy what Enemy of the State foretold in society. Sneakers is another movie like that, probably my all-time favorite movie.

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!” - Cosmo in Sneakers (Ben Kingsley). In 199freaking2.

Also from Cosmo:
    “The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.”
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The Big Lebowski
    whlinder said:

Should be required viewing. This was before 9 11 which makes it more remarkable

I was thinking about this the other day as one of a bunch of movies I loved and should re-watch cause it has been too long. It's crazy what Enemy of the State foretold in society. Sneakers is another movie like that, probably my all-time favorite movie.

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!” - Cosmo in Sneakers (Ben Kingsley). In 199freaking2.

Also from Cosmo:
    “The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.”
    I see Sneakers get shit sometims. As you say, way ahead of the narrative I’ll watch it whenever it comes on.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Saving Private Ryan

Shit, meant Saving Private Ryan. Oh well.

I feel like Saving Private Ryan could have been a 10/10 by another director. ATBS (JBS) I cried like a baby in the movie theater during the opening 20 minutes.

Band of Brothers is still the best D-Day movie.
    Just did a binge watch on Band of Brothers ... overall very good with some really high points and some slow points

While slow, the entire episode tied to being bunkered in during the Battle of the Bulge just left me shaking my head at how miserable that had to have been