Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Byron Cardwell, 2021 4* RB, San Diego (St. Augustine), CA (Offered)

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

I like him. Highlights are not amazing but good. He doesnt have elite speed or quickness, but has some of both. He gets a lot of tough yards with a stiff arm, spins, and by running over smaller tacklers. Also some good receiving skills.

Some people hate me for this, but running for only 873 yards doesn’t excite me. Seems like a solid prospect, but nothing special.

Dick Newton was underwhelming in high school but will likely be good at UW. It’s just easier to feel better about guys that completely dominate.
    873 yards on how many carries?
    150. Just looking at stats it doesn’t look like an explosive offense. QB threw for a little over 2000 yards
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Didn't he get rolled up on in a pile? It's not like he blew out his shoulder ramming it into dudes faces. What happened to him could have happened to anyone. I think he is a good back. Maybe more of a complimentary piece much like Lavon Coleman. Not a diverse enough portfolio to run the show but against certain teams his style will be needed for the running game to work.

Gotta remember he was a freshman. Has a great body type and don’t think he’s as slow as some think.

BTP was harping on his YPC, like in the Hawaii game where he had 8 carries for 28 yards. Three of those carries were one yard TD’s. 5 for 25 on traditional carries isn’t bad.

I actually agree that Cam Davis looks like a big time back. Between him, Newton, and McGrew we should have a good running attack. I also think Lake will commit to the run more than Petersen as well.

Just lose or lessen the sink and dunk. We don’t run the air raid so those plays are garbage for us. Run, play action, and use the deep threats we will have in Puka, Rome, and McMillan.

I think Sawyer will be the reliable third down target and he will be very good at breaking CB and safeties tackles and take 7 yard passes and turn them into 15-20 yard gains. The fact he is our third best WR commit is amazing. After Puka, he’s the best one we have had in years. I think he’s better than Spiker, Osborne, Jones, etc. Kid is a tough football player.

If it wasn’t for our QB’s and Donovan, I would be excited about our offense. The way to win the in the PAC 12 is sheer physicality. The teams are soft and can’t handle getting crushed for four quarters and having to fill lanes and tackle. They might be able to for part of the game but they will wear down.
    Spot on Roadie. I've tried to temper the Newton praise on here and I think people took it wrong. I love what he brings to committee approach. In his role YPC means just little more than jack shit. His job is to pound it into the endzone and move the chains on 3rd and short, occasionally trucking a LB or safety and busting out for 20-30 yards.

I'm excited to see Davis. He is feature back material but won't have to be this year because McGrew is a good backup and Newton will take the part of the load that he excels at.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

I like him. Highlights are not amazing but good. He doesnt have elite speed or quickness, but has some of both. He gets a lot of tough yards with a stiff arm, spins, and by running over smaller tacklers. Also some good receiving skills.

Some people hate me for this, but running for only 873 yards doesn’t excite me. Seems like a solid prospect, but nothing special.

Dick Newton was underwhelming in high school but will likely be good at UW. It’s just easier to feel better about guys that completely dominate.
    873 yards on how many carries?
    150. Just looking at stats it doesn’t look like an explosive offense. QB threw for a little over 2000 yards
    Was John Donovan their OC?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cardwell was already a well thought of prospect but he made a big jump in to the 247. He went from a three-star prospect to a four-star and rated at No. 174 in the new 247Sports Rankings. He's also No. 266 in the 247Sports Composite, No. 17 overall in the state and the No. 14 RB nationally by both 247Sports and the Composite.

Cardwell was named the Under Armour Combine MVP two weeks ago after a fantastic showing. He showed off size, quickness and hands and is even better with the pads on.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like Oregon is going to be hitting the jackpot once again after UW quitting.

We don't need the top RB in the west anyways. We are full.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Any word on his sister??
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Sounds like Oregon is going to be hitting the jackpot once again after UW quitting.

We don't need the top RB in the west anyways. We are full.

The last time I was told on here that a recruit or transfer is going to Oregon he wound up realizing home is where the heart is, and that’s deep in the heart of Texas at Baylor.

Oregon’s freshman running back broke his leg, so it would be nice to have one with all the limbs.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Any word on his sister??

The website that specializes in the sisters of recruits is ran by a different guy.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061

Any word on his sister??

The website that specializes in the sisters of recruits is ran by a different guy.
    True...but our RB coach plays by HIS OWN RULES!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lol. Cbs coming in for Oregon. They literally started recruiting him a month ago and they are going to get him because our useless RB coach and head coach didn't want to put in the effort

Hi there.

We?re full.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Lol. Cbs coming in for Oregon. They literally started recruiting him a month ago and they are going to get him because our useless RB coach and head coach didn't want to put in the effort

Hi there.

We?re full.
    Plenty of PWOOF openings though. This thing isn't over. Stay tuned.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Poor kid.

Cardwell wanted to go to UW, but he waited too long. Oregon was never going to offer him, because they knew they couldn’t get him. As you all know, Oregon is notoriously stingy with their offers. By December no one wanted Cardwell anymore, so Oregon felt safe enough to offer. The evaluation on him, based on the California fall season tape, changed from best RB in the West and similar as a recruit to Stephen Carr to dances too much.

Now Cardwell is being forced to go to Oregon out of desperation, to play for the immoral despot Mario. If he does better than Washington’s running backs it’s only because Washington’s are more talented.

Woosh?

I see your source... feels like ballz.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing on dawgman that everyone should be happy we took Caleb Berry instead