Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Manager Job

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,390 Swaye's Wigwam
Thinking of applying for a Manager job where I work.....I'm a union worker at the college now so big step for me.

Do I tell my boss that I'm applying or just wait until later in the process? Or just let the whole thing play out and say nothing unless job is offered.

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited June 2014
    Ummm..... I'm not sure this bored is where you should really be asking for career path advice.

damn repeating words.

But since you asked, unless your boss is real close to the person making the decision for the new postion. I'd clam up.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I'm assuming this is a whoosh.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    Real scenario but will pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of what you guys tell me.

I'm assuming this is a whoosh.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited June 2014
    It's never a good idea to imply "fuck you, I'm outta here" until you actually have someplace to go to.

Now go do the opposite of that and report back how that worked out for ya.

union worker at the college = what's wrong with the country

and definitely, definately DO NOT tell your boss this is why you are applying for management.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Depends on the boss. If he's a really good guy and you have a good relationship then he'd appreciate you telling him and would support you. Otherwise you probably shouldn't say anything until you get further in the process bc it could be a double edged sword (though we don't know the details of your work place).
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,382 Founders Club

Depends on the boss. If he's a really good guy and you have a good relationship then he'd appreciate you telling him and would support you. Otherwise you probably shouldn't say anything until you get further in the process bc it could be a double edged sword (though we don't know the details of your work place).

Lowe's. Damone is his manager. Shhhhh. Don't tell.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Swaye said:

I would quit work, get on the government tit, sit around and smoke weed all day and bitch about how America sucks for the working man. Seems to be working for about 40 percent of the cuntry.

How the hell can you leave out posting on hh 50 times a day while smoking weed all day... PGOS style...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,691 Founders Club
    I wouldn't say shit to your boss...been burned before by a cuntrag boss by saying too much...if you have an office or some kind of workspace I'd keep it locked and off-limits as much as possible... a different cuntrag at a different job snooped around my office, which I didn't analyze too much at the time, but I was canned about five months later and I know she was the catalyst.
    edited June 2014
    Swaye said:

I would FILE A DISABILITY CLAIM (I recommend 'stress' or 'intolerable back pain') quit work, get on the government insurance company tit, sit around and smoke weed all day and bitch about how America sucks for the working man. Seems to be working for about 40 percent of the cuntry.

fixed

I wouldn't say shit to your boss...been burned before by a cuntrag boss by saying too much...if you have an office or some kind of workspace I'd keep it locked and off-limits as much as possible... a different cuntrag at a different job snooped around my office, which I didn't analyze too much at the time, but I was canned about five months later and I know she was the catalyst.

Hire someone to get nude photos of her. Post them here. Vengeance is yours!

Swaye said:

I would FILE A DISABILITY CLAIM (I recommend 'stress' or 'intolerable back pain') quit work, get on the government insurance company tit, sit around and smoke weed all day and bitch about how America sucks for the working man. Seems to be working for about 40 percent of the cuntry.

fixed
    Welfare abuse. Workers comp abuse. All the same. The American Dream is dead, and replaced with the Entitlement Dream.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

fixed
    Welfare abuse. Workers comp abuse. All the same. The American Dream is dead, and replaced with the Entitlement Dream.
    It seems like the first thing to do for firemen whose DI claim is approved by the board of retired/disabled firemen, is to go by a new $60,000 pickup truck.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    .....to call them gutless would be an insult. They just steal my $60 a month.

union worker at the college = what's wrong with the country

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,691 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I don't want to be responsible for people going blind.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Swaye said:

I don't want to be responsible for people going blind.
    We survived citrus, we can survive this too.