Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Discover, Tostitos to end title deals with playoff bowl games.

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:

a 16 team playoff

what a fucking dreckfest

16 teams should not be playing for a fucking national championship. If that happened last year, here's the shitty ass schedule that we would've seen:

1 Florida State
    2 Ohio State
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 Missouri
    6 Oklahoma State
    7 Stanford
    8 South Carolina
    9 Baylor
    10 Michigan State
    11 Arizona State
    12 Oregon
    13 Clemson
    14 Northern Illinois
    15 LSU
    16 UCF

Yeah, I can name 12 teams there that don't deserve to be playing for the national championship. Hell, even 8 looks shitty.
    If any of them win four straight against the rest of that field they'd deserve the title.

See the NCAA tournament for details.

Hell, check any playoff anywhere. You let more in the field than deserve to be there so nobody has a legit gripe that they could have won the title. In hoops (which admittedly got too big with the move from 64 to 68) nobody complains about "we could have won the championship" they just complain "we should have made the tournament". That's the right level of controversy. What we have had with the 2 team playoff and legitimate championship caliber teams on the outside looking in is FS.

I'll be thrilled with an 8 team playoff, but Damone's right it's headed to 16, and the bowels will die. And in the process, we'll have a REAL national champion for once.

#HiOBK

NCAA tourney has gotten boring....I only watch the last two weekends. I couldn't give a fuck about the first weekend.
    I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of the first weekend. So many buzzer beaters, great games, upset, etc.

By the time the Final Four has arrived unless I'm still in my office pool I don't give a fuck anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

TommySQC said:

dnc said:

a 16 team playoff

what a fucking dreckfest

16 teams should not be playing for a fucking national championship. If that happened last year, here's the shitty ass schedule that we would've seen:

1 Florida State
    2 Ohio State
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 Missouri
    6 Oklahoma State
    7 Stanford
    8 South Carolina
    9 Baylor
    10 Michigan State
    11 Arizona State
    12 Oregon
    13 Clemson
    14 Northern Illinois
    15 LSU
    16 UCF

Yeah, I can name 12 teams there that don't deserve to be playing for the national championship. Hell, even 8 looks shitty.
    If any of them win four straight against the rest of that field they'd deserve the title.

See the NCAA tournament for details.

Hell, check any playoff anywhere. You let more in the field than deserve to be there so nobody has a legit gripe that they could have won the title. In hoops (which admittedly got too big with the move from 64 to 68) nobody complains about "we could have won the championship" they just complain "we should have made the tournament". That's the right level of controversy. What we have had with the 2 team playoff and legitimate championship caliber teams on the outside looking in is FS.

I'll be thrilled with an 8 team playoff, but Damone's right it's headed to 16, and the bowels will die. And in the process, we'll have a REAL national champion for once.

#HiOBK

NCAA tourney has gotten boring....I only watch the last two weekends. I couldn't give a fuck about the first weekend.
    I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of the first weekend. So many buzzer beaters, great games, upset, etc.

By the time the Final Four has arrived unless I'm still in my office pool I don't give a fuck anymore.
    This. The first week, especially the first two days are all I seem to care about. College basketball sucks nowadays. 10-15 years ago, it was great. I was looking at past years of college basketball on basketball reference, and it used to be great.

The Duke- Maryland rivalry was great. Duke had Jay Williams, Battier, Dunleavy, Boozer. Maryland had Juan Dixon, Steve Blake, Chris Wilcox, Lonny Baxter.

The Kansas team Hinrich and Collison facing Carmello, Hakim Warrick, and McNamera. That was great hoops.

UNC-Illinois in 05, Florida-UCLA (crazy amount of NBA talent) in 06, and Florida- Ohio State in 07. Kansas- Memphis in 08. I still remember bits and pieces of all of these tournaments. Since then, I hardly remember a thing because I haven't given a shit. No notable teams, every decent player leaves after one year. It's a fucking joke. College football isn't much better. I don't think it's a coincidence they both turned to shit once Emmert took over as NCAA prez.
    But how is he a bad president?