Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon lol, embarrassing the P-12 Bowl Thread

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Has the Pweston Monologue dropped yet?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fucking embarrassing.
    How do you average 4 more yards per pass and 1 more yard per run and still lose the game by three scores? This is how-
    Oregon: 46 plays
    Iowa State: 85 plays
    Oregon: 6.8 yards per play
    Iowa State: 4.5 yards per play
    TOP: Iowa State 43 minutes Oregon 17 minutes

-5 turnover margin, although one doesn’t get recorded as a turnover because it was a kick-off.
    1. Travis Dye fumbles at his own 20.
    2. Kick-off is a pooch kick and Oregon doesn’t know what to fucking do so corn people get it.
    3. Punt return is muffed when an Iowa State player pushes an Oregon blocker into the ball.
    4. Called a fumble on the field as QB is fighting for half a yard after picking up the first down, replay can’t overturn it although he’s probably down.
    5. Late meaningless INT by Shuck because why the fuck not, he hadn’t turned it over yet.
    Bonus: Iowa State fumbled at their 20 and Oregon recovered but ref had blown it dead.
    Extra bonus: Long TD pass in first half negated by a holding at the line of scrimmage, after the pass was thrown.

Worst play of the game: Oregon has a 4th and 2 and the 50 and sends in the punt team. At that point Iowa State couldn’t stop Oregon’s offense and they just said fuck it lets punt.

Until further notice I’m calling him Cristo since the only person who makes that call has no bals.

Who in their right mind would play Tyler Shuck when you have the perfect QB for your system in Anthony Brown? Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

How do you think “fuck this guy, put in Tyler Shuck”?

What is this? Has the football player who catches football for the team never seen a football before?

Sorry for the embarrassing representation, conference of champions. Sorry, Larry Scott. Sorry, North Division champs. Sorry, Clay Helton. Sorry, incoming recruits. Sorry, goodnight Moon. Sorry, neighbors who had to hear bad words being screamed by the unfriendly guy down the street.
    I couldn't believe they punted that.

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’m going to be so happy when Andy Avalos is hired by Boise State. What an overrated DC. Really great accomplishment, had a defense with Troy Dye, Jevon Holland, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Thomas Graham, etc. Brady Hoke’s fatass could have schemed that to a top-20 defense. As soon as Avalos has to adjust it’s like watching a retarded kid try to tie his shoes.

Bring me someone with a punchers chance who won’t choke it away, like Leavitt. Or Tosh and his coffee cups. Or Will Muschamp and just don’t let him look at the offensive players so his mere presence doesn’t ruin them.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Iowa St executed a PERFECT game for their talent today ...

They’re not going to out athlete Oregon ... but they kept the ball away and limited Oregon to 46 offensive plays

What they did today was damn impressive and it was the definition of a rather easily 34-17

I applaud your consistent ability to post the most milquetoast football analysis I see.

Perfect game plan for their talent indeed. I hope more teams don’t learn this secret of running the play clock down on every snap. They really took advantage of Purdy’s ability to know they don’t snap until the big digital clock says 2 or 1.

That Iowa State defense was re-fried ass, and their offense consists of hopes and wishes. This game was the result of Cristobal’s shitty coaching, not anything that Iowa State did besides getting lucky bounces and waiting for Oregon to fuck it up.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Cristobal= Neuheisel

Change my mind.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Iowa St executed a PERFECT game for their talent today ...

They’re not going to out athlete Oregon ... but they kept the ball away and limited Oregon to 46 offensive plays

What they did today was damn impressive and it was the definition of a rather easily 34-17

I applaud your consistent ability to post the most milquetoast football analysis I see.

Perfect game plan for their talent indeed. I hope more teams don’t learn this secret of running the play clock down on every snap. They really took advantage of Purdy’s ability to know they don’t snap until the big digital clock says 2 or 1.

That Iowa State defense was re-fried ass, and their offense consists of hopes and wishes. This game was the result of Cristobal’s shitty coaching, not anything that Iowa State did besides getting lucky bounces and waiting for Oregon to fuck it up.
    Iowa State tried their hardest to lose that game. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team so allergic to scoring after a turnover.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,110
    I just enjoyed Mario’s manboobs. You could totally see nips!
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Fucking embarrassing.
    How do you average 4 more yards per pass and 1 more yard per run and still lose the game by three scores? This is how-

-5 turnover margin, although one doesn’t get recorded as a turnover because it was a kick-off.
    2. Kick-off is a pooch kick and Oregon doesn’t know what to fucking do so corn people get it.
    3. Punt return is muffed when an Iowa State player pushes an Oregon blocker into the ball.
    4. Called a fumble on the field as QB is fighting for half a yard after picking up the first down, replay can’t overturn it although he’s probably down.
    5. Late meaningless INT by Shuck because why the fuck not, he hadn’t turned it over yet.
    Bonus: Iowa State fumbled at their 20 and Oregon recovered but ref had blown it dead.
    Extra bonus: Long TD pass in first half negated by a holding at the line of scrimmage, after the pass was thrown.

Worst play of the game: Oregon has a 4th and 2 and the 50 and sends in the punt team. At that point Iowa State couldn’t stop Oregon’s offense and they just said fuck it lets punt.

Until further notice I’m calling him Cristo since the only person who makes that call has no bals.

Who in their right mind would play Tyler Shuck when you have the perfect QB for your system in Anthony Brown? Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

What is this? Has the football player who catches football for the team never seen a football before?

Sorry for the embarrassing representation, conference of champions. Sorry, Larry Scott. Sorry, North Division champs. Sorry, Clay Helton. Sorry, incoming recruits. Sorry, goodnight Moon. Sorry, neighbors who had to hear bad words being screamed by the unfriendly guy down the street.

Those times against Washington were such a rarity that I can’t believe they actually happened. Cristobal is so conservative it feels like watching SEC football in the early 2000s. If he could punt it on third down he would consider it.

We’ve reached the point where even the Polyanna quooks are wondering what is going on. It’s almost like Cristo’s first big game, where he went for the throat against Stanford with Gameday and prime time ABC, and CJ Verdell fumbled it after getting the game ending first down- has caused him to stop taking any risks. Settling for field goals inside the 5 has now cost him 3-4 games over the last two years.

Thanks for listening to my bitching, even though I know y’all just like to see Ducks miserable. I’m tired of hearing they tried and thought they were doing the right thing, because I’m a fan of a football program and not Mrs Jones’ kindergarten class.
    This is honestly surprising to me. I don't watch much Duck football outside of the UW games and I was convinced Mario was a new school gambler who understood the value of going for it on fourth downs. His willingness to take risk and Pete's failure at doing so was the difference in both of MC's wins over us.

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad but it somehow makes those losses suck even more knowing they were a due to a philosophical outlier.
    It’s good news for you in the sense that Cristobal isn’t some innovative coach or at even one who listens to proven statistics and probabilities. TBD on whether he adapts different styles like Nick Saban, Mike Bellotti and other coaches that probably exist did in their careers when they see its better. That ability to adapt will determine if he winds up being a success with all his shiny recruits or not. Of his 9 losses at Oregon 6 of them were partially due to conservative or plainly shitty game management.

You should feel bad that he did that against Washington, but not too bad since the guy he did it against is now a Boise State consultant or some shit. A net positive since the future is worth more than the past in football statistics.

And, yeah - here’s the track record:
    2019 Auburn: misses a field goal on 4th and goal from the 2. Loses by 6.
    2020 Oregon State: kicks a field goal on 4th and 2 from the 10 yard line - loses by 3 points.
    2020 Cal: kicks a field goal on fourth and goal from the 3 after a 75 yard hot knife through butter drive. Loses by 4.

Not included:
    2018 Utah: tries two field goals inside the 15, makes one. Punts for a touchback from the Utah 44. Loses by 7 as they fuck up time management in Utah territory.
    2018 Stanford: kicks field goal from Stanford 13, loses in overtime.
    2019 ASU: punts from ASU 35. Loses by 3.
    Bonus: keeps running Cyrus Habibi-Likio on third or fourth and short solely because he weighs more than other running backs, although he converts at just above 50% while the much quicker and not fat Travis Dye is 17/20 for his career on third or fourth and less than 3.
  • Options

My favorite part of the game was when Mikael Wright came running in out of nowhere and tried to catch the punt with his helmet.

I was 30 seconds behind the broadcast because I rewound for something Minnesota did. I got a text from a fellow Duck that said mean things about Mykael Wright, and I was confused because Wright was having another great game - and the Hawkeyes were punting so he hadn’t blown a coverage. Then I saw Wright enter the frame and knew what was going to happen. Kansas State ball.
  • Options

dnc said:

Fucking embarrassing.

Those times against Washington were such a rarity that I can’t believe they actually happened. Cristobal is so conservative it feels like watching SEC football in the early 2000s. If he could punt it on third down he would consider it.

We’ve reached the point where even the Polyanna quooks are wondering what is going on. It’s almost like Cristo’s first big game, where he went for the throat against Stanford with Gameday and prime time ABC, and CJ Verdell fumbled it after getting the game ending first down- has caused him to stop taking any risks. Settling for field goals inside the 5 has now cost him 3-4 games over the last two years.

Thanks for listening to my bitching, even though I know y’all just like to see Ducks miserable. I’m tired of hearing they tried and thought they were doing the right thing, because I’m a fan of a football program and not Mrs Jones’ kindergarten class.
    We love seeing EVERYONE miserable, not just Duck fans.
    That’s the number one reason why I keep coming back after ## of times and am still entertained!

Others may think college football is about football and friendly rivalry, but here it’s about the true meaning of the sport; misery and heartbreak that are occasionally broken by instances of false hope.
    He *gets* us
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Iowa State looks ready to blow them out

You’ve embarrassed the PAC 12 4 years in a row. HTH
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Does the Pac-12 officially dissolve now? I can't think of any additional humiliations that need to be checked off the list. This about does it.

POTBS