Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon lucks out once again

124»

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

Jesus Christ what’s happened to you all

it warms my heart you still get upset, because in your heart of hearts you know it's true as well. a middling wisconsin team and an iowa state team you are 137% more talented than. there's no rebuttal that won't make you look silly but please try
    Who’s upset? You’re mistaking pity for anger. This place is great because it’s usually filled with level headed UW fans. The last 2 weeks have fucked y’all up though. It’s becoming doogman circa 2011
    A lot of people on Twitter and some here refuse to acknowledge how different it is playing Bama, peak PSU, and tOSU vs FSU, Wisc, and now Iowa State.

A simple acknowledgement would suffice. Yeah winner's win, but winning against our NY6 opponents is a different kind of winning that no Pac 12 school has been at since 2012 or so.
    Bama and tosu, sure. Obviously those teams are on a different level than fsu/wiscy. Peak psu though? Lol cmon dude, that’s doog shit

Twice free pub from you!!!

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What. Have. I. Created.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,081
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

it warms my heart you still get upset, because in your heart of hearts you know it's true as well. a middling wisconsin team and an iowa state team you are 137% more talented than. there's no rebuttal that won't make you look silly but please try
    Who’s upset? You’re mistaking pity for anger. This place is great because it’s usually filled with level headed UW fans. The last 2 weeks have fucked y’all up though. It’s becoming doogman circa 2011
    A lot of people on Twitter and some here refuse to acknowledge how different it is playing Bama, peak PSU, and tOSU vs FSU, Wisc, and now Iowa State.

A simple acknowledgement would suffice. Yeah winner's win, but winning against our NY6 opponents is a different kind of winning that no Pac 12 school has been at since 2012 or so.
    Bama and tosu, sure. Obviously those teams are on a different level than fsu/wiscy. Peak psu though? Lol cmon dude, that’s doog shit
    Fuck off and look at their roster that year. 2016 wasn't their playoff team. 2017 was.

And yes that is the game I put most of the blame on UW for, but they were still a (much) better opponent than the 3 Oregon foes I listed off.
    Yeah they had Barkley and gesicki. Doog shit to put them on a Bama OSU tier. 2017 UW definitely had more nfl talent than them.
    That team would prison fuck 2018 and 2019 Oregon.

Barkley's 80 yard td run off of just his talent was the difference in that game.
    Teams that could prison fuck 2018 Oregon also include 2018 Arizona.

I do agree that Oregon keeps getting B level opponents in premier bowl games. It is what it is, and in the long term it doesn’t matter. Rose and Fiesta trophies look the same no matter who was beat to acquire them.
    You really should not put FSU and the 2015 Rose Bowl in that category. How is PSU better than the defending national champs with a roster full of NFL players? How is it obvious that even the Buck team UW played is automatically better than FSU? The Buck team that beat Washington was not the Buck team that beat Oregon and Mariota.

That Rose Bowl had a lot of NFL players on the field. Neither team in that match up has to apologize to Washington for anything. I don't think Oregon could pull off the ass kicking over them again if they played 10 games, but they were clearly good enough to beat them. Mariota was the real deal. Anyone who doesn't think so is fully retarded.
    2018 tOSU and 2017 PSU are better than 2019 Wisconsin and 2020 Iowa State.

There isn't on field results or anything to prove that, but we're talking about 2 blue bloods who were loaded with talent and barely missed the playoffs.

2016 Alabama is better than 2014 FSU, and there isn't an argument that can be made against that.

So you can 1:1 compare our NY6 bowls with theirs in the last 6 years and pretty easily say that they've lucked out wrt their opponents.

It's nothing UW shouldn't have been able to overcome, but the denial if this fact pisses me off about Oregon's "hardcore football" fans.
    Oregon and Washington had zero control who their opponents were for these games. You play the team you get matched with. Oregon won and Washington didn’t. There isn’t a try hard trophy for the runner up based on your opponent.
    Umm, yeah, no shit.

What's your point?

That I'm wrong?

lol.
    Three of UW’s seven Rose Bowl victories are against teams that were ranked:

‘82 11/13th
    ‘91 17/15th
    ‘01 14/14/17th (BCS)

Oregon beat teams ranked higher than any of those in two different Holiday Bowls and one Sun Bowl.

Tell me all about how lucky Oregon is though.

Christ Haie, you just got fucking slaughtered.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

Fuck off and look at their roster that year. 2016 wasn't their playoff team. 2017 was.

And yes that is the game I put most of the blame on UW for, but they were still a (much) better opponent than the 3 Oregon foes I listed off.
    Yeah they had Barkley and gesicki. Doog shit to put them on a Bama OSU tier. 2017 UW definitely had more nfl talent than them.
    That PSU team was loaded. Lost two games by a total of 4 points. It was playoff caliber.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

That PSU team was loaded. Lost two games by a total of 4 points. It was playoff caliber.
    UW was also the only team they beat all season that ended up ranked in the top 25.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

That team would prison fuck 2018 and 2019 Oregon.

Barkley's 80 yard td run off of just his talent was the difference in that game.
    Teams that could prison fuck 2018 Oregon also include 2018 Arizona.

I do agree that Oregon keeps getting B level opponents in premier bowl games. It is what it is, and in the long term it doesn’t matter. Rose and Fiesta trophies look the same no matter who was beat to acquire them.
    You really should not put FSU and the 2015 Rose Bowl in that category. How is PSU better than the defending national champs with a roster full of NFL players? How is it obvious that even the Buck team UW played is automatically better than FSU? The Buck team that beat Washington was not the Buck team that beat Oregon and Mariota.

That Rose Bowl had a lot of NFL players on the field. Neither team in that match up has to apologize to Washington for anything. I don't think Oregon could pull off the ass kicking over them again if they played 10 games, but they were clearly good enough to beat them. Mariota was the real deal. Anyone who doesn't think so is fully retarded.
    2018 tOSU and 2017 PSU are better than 2019 Wisconsin and 2020 Iowa State.

There isn't on field results or anything to prove that, but we're talking about 2 blue bloods who were loaded with talent and barely missed the playoffs.

2016 Alabama is better than 2014 FSU, and there isn't an argument that can be made against that.

So you can 1:1 compare our NY6 bowls with theirs in the last 6 years and pretty easily say that they've lucked out wrt their opponents.

It's nothing UW shouldn't have been able to overcome, but the denial if this fact pisses me off about Oregon's "hardcore football" fans.
    Oregon and Washington had zero control who their opponents were for these games. You play the team you get matched with. Oregon won and Washington didn’t. There isn’t a try hard trophy for the runner up based on your opponent.
    Umm, yeah, no shit.

What's your point?

That I'm wrong?

lol.
    Three of UW’s seven Rose Bowl victories are against teams that were ranked:

‘82 11/13th
    ‘91 17/15th
    ‘01 14/14/17th (BCS)

Oregon beat teams ranked higher than any of those in two different Holiday Bowls and one Sun Bowl.

Tell me all about how lucky Oregon is though.

Christ Haie, you just got fucking slaughtered.
    I don't go around bragging about rose bowl wins I either don't remember or wasn't alive for.

The "You guys played Iowa and Purdue" sick burn is a brilliant self own every fucking time, while you quooks talk out of the other side of your mouth that those games were too long ago and shouldn't count when comparing programs.

My Wisconsin and Iowa state stuff is more that Oregon took advantage of easier opportunities, and maybe they should reserve some of their shit talk for when (if, really) they get a shot at a team like Alabama, PSU (admittedly the weakest of the 3, but so was that bowl) and fucking tOSU who owns you sending off their hall of fame coach.

If this is me getting "slaughtered" then so be it. Fans change the narrative to fit their shit teams but in this case UW actually got a really hard slate of NY6 opponents and they just didn't have the balls for it, at least on offense.
  • Options
    ZekeThePlummerZekeThePlummer Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Since UW’s been plungered in any meaningful game going back to when fucking Drew Brees was in college.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Since UW’s been plungered in any meaningful game going back to when fucking Drew Brees was in college.

Serial killer avatar. Creepy loser making a creepy loser poast out of nowhere.

I'm gonna guess Gresham but Lebanon or Estacada wouldn't surprise me either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

UW was also the only team they beat all season that ended up ranked in the top 25.
    That team was owning buckeye and absolutely choked the game away. That's why they played us instead of getting a red carpet to the playoff.
  • Options
    ZekeThePlummerZekeThePlummer Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Not a serial killer just a plumber who lost his nose because a parrot bit it off. Couldn’t smell a gas leak which led to an explosion and now have severe burns on my face. Never heard of these places you speak of. I spend my time on the grounds of Camp Anawanna. Now let’s see what’s inside your head Haie.....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a serial killer just a plumber who lost his nose because a parrot bit it off. Couldn’t smell a gas leak which led to an explosion and now have severe burns on my face. Never heard of these places you speak of. I spend my time on the grounds of Camp Anawanna. Now let’s see what’s inside your head Haie.....

Jesus Christ. Fuck off.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Jesus Christ. Fuck off.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Jesus Christ. Fuck off.

Umm, UW didn't play enough ranked rose bowl opponents sick burn? Is that why my face is supposed to be melting off right now?

I'm playing by the rules set by you and Mike and only going back in time 5 years like a good little quook. And my point fries your gas pumping ass.

Celebrate over Iowa State. Just like the cuoglets did 2 years ago.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    edited December 2020
    haie said:

haie said:

Jesus Christ. Fuck off.

Umm, UW didn't play enough ranked rose bowl opponents sick burn? Is that why my face is supposed to be melting off right now?

I'm playing by the rules set by you and Mike and only going back in time 5 years like a good little quook. And my point fries your gas pumping ass.

Celebrate over Iowa State. Just like the cuoglets did 2 years ago.
    👆 Future RV kamikaze, rather easily.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

STAY!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

That team was owning buckeye and absolutely choked the game away. That's why they played us instead of getting a red carpet to the playoff.
    Sounds like a lot of these teams were lucky to play Washington.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,122

haie said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

BaldwinIV said:

ntxduck said:

Sounds like a lot of these teams were lucky to play Washington.
    Hey, we did just fine against Boise last year.

Red Box rings? Staff??
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Turns out mst of life is just showing up