Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Bow Down to Oregon

2»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ty for my (first) free pub. I just didnt want this place to Jonestown (see @UW_Doog_Bot above for my concerns)
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Good pod, pods!

You covered pretty much everything that this program has done to shoot kill itself in the foot multiple times... & hasn't been able to turn the corner.

Also, thanks for the FREE PUB, @Doogles.

Get your Coug phrases down driver!!!
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Great point about #SCODucks girl in the AD. That is so pathetic and that dissonance doesn't even register at our AD. They honestly don't care. They want us to be "ALL IN" while they hype our rivals on their social media pages. It's a complete joke. Why are we even hiring Duck grads or CUOG grads into our AD? If you don't piss purple and shit gold, GTFO.

These pods are so so good. Every one of them makes me hate this program more. Reminds me of Race and iDawg (who?).

Because we?re the one school on the Weat Coast that offers a specific Sports Management Gas Pumping MBA?
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The best head coach you have had in almost 30+ years was a Duck! And his mentor is Mike Bellotti. Bleed purple, haha. Next thing you dicks are going to say is that someone actually bows down to your team/school/whatthefuckever. Let me help you, no one, NO ONE bows down to uw! I think you actually believe opponents do. So fucking lame. its like your a bunch of 5 year olds.

#scoDucks
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dOgmaster said:

The best head coach you have had in almost 30+ years was a Duck! And his mentor is Mike Bellotti. Bleed purple, haha. Next thing you dicks are going to say is that someone actually bows down to your team/school/whatthefuckever. Let me help you, no one, NO ONE bows down to uw! I think you actually believe opponents do. So fucking lame. its like your a bunch of 5 year olds.

#scoDucks

Huh?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    did i get a shout out
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good stuff boys. Thanks for the POD.

Keith Taylor's tweet still makes see red, and yet, for all we think of Pete and his nice guy culture, he was a guy who despised losing by all accounts, and mid-3rd during 70-21 after one of the Ducks cheap shotted Gaskin OB, hammer downed on them for at least 1 if not more td's so what is truly the culture here?

As Doogles said the fact neither Lake or Jen even tried to put out there scenarios to get the game changed to a later date so the team could play, tried to spin they should be called co-champs with SC and the Trojans should be conf. champs no matter if they played the runner up or not, etc is so dissapointing. Were any of them going to work - Of course not, but you have to try and SHOW your fighting for your kids and fan base. You have nothing to lose when they tell you no, and if by chance some miracle they change the timeframe so you can play Awesome.

Texas A&M, Cincinnati and even Florida lobbied why they should be in CFP before and after the games played last Saturday, even though we all knew who the 4 teams were going to be. Probably Coastal Carolina threw something out there as well, and even the BYU Mormans had they went undefeated would have faught for themselves.

We rolled over and played dead and that is 5 star alarming for me concerning 8 weeks ago Jimmy "run the damn ball" was born, and 8 months ago Lake was only acknowledging the Zeros as the team down south.

Considering who we have coming back, and the lay-up schedule he has, if Lake doesn't get this team to the CCG minimum in 2021 tsio.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

did i get a shout out

No.

But I bet you’ll get lots of them during the airing of the grievances episode.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I had to take a sabbatical post-Stanford since it grieved me too much to hear it discussed (I'm still not over it, fuck Jimmy), but this is just wonderful content. Wayyyy better than it has any right to be.

- Doogles is right that Oregon cares more. They are willing to roll their sleeves up and recruit nationally, they talk shit about their rivals, they invest properly in marketing and recruiting (only mover advantage?)....all of these data points collectively shouldn't make it that much of a surprise. And yet I want to die.
    - Lake acknowledging Oregon is some of the most beta-level stuff I've ever seen in CFB, let alone UW. Oregon's coaching war room cackled maniacally seeing that 1000000%. I find myself hating him more and more, and outside of saving Pete's 2019 class (which I'm sure was mostly Pete's doing) I can't think of anything that makes me excited about him.
    - Cut Keith Taylor immediately.
    - Boiled down to simplest possible form: there's a tremendous dearth of leadership at the P12 (obviously) and particularly in the UW AD. That a UW AD employee thought it was 100% OK to have pro-Oregon minutiae in their public Twitter profile says everything about the culture over there. Derek mentioned Saban not tolerating that shit but honestly neither would Oregon IMO. And probably USC.
    - I appreciate the effort not to over-politicize what went down.
    - The conclusions drawn here, while sound, do not engender any confidence or motivation in literally anything UW-related. Win the P12 in 2021 or burn it down and salt the earth. I don't know if I can do another Sark-level tenure again without checking out at least a little bit. I guess that's why this place is cathartic, and it is comforting that there are people out there who are generally aligned with me and not enthusiastic about raising the UW AD White Flag, established 1992-93.
    - At pod's end my hatred of Jimmy is an all time high levels. Sigh.
    - iShit (I am a low key Dylan stan and if we end up riding with him, so be it).

Great poast.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Instead everyone seems to be content to shrug and applaud as Oregon takes a victory lap. Why did we play a season at all if it's player safety? Since we did play, what was the point if you didn't care about the outcome?

So fucking THIS.
    The more I think about this aspect the more pissed off I get.