Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristobal spotted at Auburn airport

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon won’t hire Sarkisian, they’re the only other fan base as dialed in as UW when it comes to sloppy Steve. Five straight wholly uncompetitive laughers, including the 2011 game honoring the 20th anni of 1991 in which he famously cried and begged Chip not to run the score up too badly.

Chip called off the dogs.

I remember the 2011 game being somewhat close...? Definitely the closest under sark. Although Oregon won rather easily in the end, say 34-17
    I am slightly encouraged that you, a duck, bizarrely started to convince yourself of a falsity, and perhaps your athletic department I’m giving too much credit, but it was without question a wholly uncompetitive laugher. Complete with him literally crying on the sidelines and asking Chip not to humiliate him on the anniversary.
    The only one of those I remember was in Seattle and a night game. LaMike was larunning through Washington like a hot knife through butter, and at some random point either late in the 3rd or damn early in the fourth, Chip most obviously took his foot off the gas. I remember everyone joking on the boards that he did it because he had a man-crush on dreamy Sark. I think Sark was at that tim building up to peak Joey Kitchen Sark banging waitresses two at a tim, so you you know he had his game going. Chip was apparently taken by his charm and boyish good looks.

Anyway, I remember thinking to myself, "run it up, because when they next have the chance they are going to do it to you irregardless."

#pointthefinger
    Yeah that was 2011. I was literally on the sidelines for that game so I remember it extremely well. Sigh.
    I was there too. UW scored to cut it to 7 midway through the 3rd q. So maybe my perspective was warped because previous kelly sark tilts were over at that stage of the game. But younger me def was nervous at that point
    We? played at Autzen in 2009 and it was close at the half. I think Cal ended beating Oregon that year or coming very close and Doogs on Dawgman were saying Holt created the blueprint to beating Oregon.
    2007 and 2009 were at Husky Stadium.

2011 also. Oregon won fairly easily, say 34-17. That was the closest game during the streak, iirc.
    Closest game was the VA game in 2015
    The Petersen punt game?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

thechatch said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon won’t hire Sarkisian, they’re the only other fan base as dialed in as UW when it comes to sloppy Steve. Five straight wholly uncompetitive laughers, including the 2011 game honoring the 20th anni of 1991 in which he famously cried and begged Chip not to run the score up too badly.

Chip called off the dogs.

I remember the 2011 game being somewhat close...? Definitely the closest under sark. Although Oregon won rather easily in the end, say 34-17
    I am slightly encouraged that you, a duck, bizarrely started to convince yourself of a falsity, and perhaps your athletic department I’m giving too much credit, but it was without question a wholly uncompetitive laugher. Complete with him literally crying on the sidelines and asking Chip not to humiliate him on the anniversary.
    The only one of those I remember was in Seattle and a night game. LaMike was larunning through Washington like a hot knife through butter, and at some random point either late in the 3rd or damn early in the fourth, Chip most obviously took his foot off the gas. I remember everyone joking on the boards that he did it because he had a man-crush on dreamy Sark. I think Sark was at that tim building up to peak Joey Kitchen Sark banging waitresses two at a tim, so you you know he had his game going. Chip was apparently taken by his charm and boyish good looks.

Anyway, I remember thinking to myself, "run it up, because when they next have the chance they are going to do it to you irregardless."

#pointthefinger
    Yeah that was 2011. I was literally on the sidelines for that game so I remember it extremely well. Sigh.
    I was there too. UW scored to cut it to 7 midway through the 3rd q. So maybe my perspective was warped because previous kelly sark tilts were over at that stage of the game. But younger me def was nervous at that point
    We? played at Autzen in 2009 and it was close at the half. I think Cal ended beating Oregon that year or coming very close and Doogs on Dawgman were saying Holt created the blueprint to beating Oregon.
    2007 and 2009 were at Husky Stadium.

2011 also. Oregon won fairly easily, say 34-17. That was the closest game during the streak, iirc.
    Closest game was the VA game in 2015
    The Petersen punt game?
    That was easily the worst game of the Fuckade for me. Had to go visit Mormon relatives and watch their 12 grandkids play arts and crafts instead of getting shitted. Watching Sidney Jones just get owned and our flaccid fucking offense after we had finally built some momentum and they appeared to be having their first down year in awhile.

Petersen had 3 years of games like that. Pretty hard to miss him even after what's happened in recruiting this year. Jimmy should get next year and the year after if he moves on from bad recruiters.
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Oregon board of trustees to meet tomorrow to finalize new extension for Mario Cristobal. Extension includes more money for Mario and his entire stuff plus buckets of money for the recruiting department and other ancillaries.
  • Options
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    This is a victory if Cristobal continues to be as mediocre at the job as Lake.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    no_uh said:

Right...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This is almost a complete redux of the Jom Mora UCLA situation. The only difference is that Mora had a couple decent years at UCLA instead of just one.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    wonder who aubbie goes after now that meathead told them to pound sand.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Their fallback is to crown their DC which would cause immediate suicide by many of their fans
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Their fallback is to crown their DC which would cause immediate suicide by many of their fans
    There is a whole #StoptheSteele campaign going

Steele is the DC so no, I won't take it to the Tug
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2020
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

no_uh said:

Right...
    You lose to beavlet and cal in back to back weeks you suck ass and can't motivate your players. They beat SC and I still won't give him much credit because almost every team gets up for SC especially with a bunch of SoCal kids.

I do think SC has the confidence and wants this enough to win though. So 3-3 season and serious-about-football Orygun threw as much as they could at him to keep him from going to dumb fuck Aubs.
    They probably won't, but this is weak. These "every team gets up for SC" or "it's SC, they're always loaded" and "well, SC is SC" is just what people say when they run out of real points to make.

SC is undefeated and has everything to play for (relative to the context of this abortion of a season and abortion of a conference). If Oregon goes down there and miraculously wins, that means something even if you don't want it to.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

This is almost a complete redux of the Jom Mora UCLA situation. The only difference is that Mora had a couple decent years at UCLA instead of just one.

I guess the operative word is "almost".

Was it Mora's zero conference titles, losses in the Holiday and Foster Farms bowls, or victories in the prestigious Sun and Alamo bowls that make that analogy compelling for you?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

isnt that just life as an aubbie fan though?
  • Options
    no_uh said:

He definitely has room to improve as an on field coach but in 2-3 years it’s not going to matter when he’s working on another top 10 recruiting class.

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

isnt that just life as an aubbie fan though?
    Cam Newton’s dad needing repairs for his church roof or some shit kept them going for a while. The they got an extra boost when Saban forgot his kicker’s range was 15 yards the other way.

It’s got to suck to be them though. Deluded into thinking they could be the Clemson of Alabama.