Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clemson of the West POTD

(Podcast)OTD
Split Zone Duo podcast (Steven Godfrey, Richard Johnson, Alex Kirshner, one of the better CFB podcasts at the moment) talked about the UW-BYU thing a bit from a media perspective (around minute 37).

Mentioned how UW did a pretty good job setting the media narrative on this, not that they lied at all, but they got out in front of it in a smart way. Also talked about how BYU recently fired their SID, and that this happening on a Sunday may have made it harder for them to respond.

Also talked about how private UW was with the media under Pete, which in some ways was good, but hurt our exposure nationally. Said every national CFB writer wanted to do a UW story before the Peach Bowl, and we completely shut them out and gave them nothing. Initially Jimmy Lake expressed a desire to be more open with the media, and with the amount of NFL players and recent success, has the potential to really improve UW's brand nationally.

They talked about how a big part of Clemson's rise was opening the program up to the media, training coaches on how to build narratives, hiring smart SIDs and support staff that knew how to be a professional program. Now their brand is so strong Dabo can say whatever dumb shit he wants and it barely matters.

Anyways, having a national brand helps, the BYU thing was a promising sign UW may actually start to care about it.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

lol

You sound scared that we're going to out-Oregon Oregon.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    Ohh god not this again
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

lol

Jesus this place has gotten weird.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

lol

But the views!
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

lol

How have you been around this dump longer than I have yet find this strange? "Cutting myself for attention" levels of fullblown emo to "charging to maximum doog" in just one COVID home win over Arifuckingzona is so completely on brand for HH!

I give it three weeks tops before everyone's back wearing all black and listening to The Cure and going full-goth edgelord again.
    When we shit the bed against Utah things will be back to normal around here
    Fixed. You're welcome.

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

lol

How have you been around this dump longer than I have yet find this strange? "Cutting myself for attention" levels of fullblown emo to "charging to maximum doog" in just one COVID home win over Arifuckingzona is so completely on brand for HH!

I give it three weeks tops before everyone's back wearing all black and listening to The Cure and going full-goth edgelord again.
    If we shit the bed against Utah things will be back to normal around here
    Hello darkness my old friend
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

lol

Nothings changed with me.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

lol

If we shit the bed against Utah things will be back to normal around here
    It was nice to Doog once again
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

One thing I will say, I hope Jimmy remembers the "OKG is racis." shit and gives a narrative equally as heinous back to Mario for that one.

I still maintain this narrative was born on this very site. Biggest black eye for HH, in my opinion. Mario had it handed to him on a fucking platter. There was zero talk of dirty racial recruiting to the south before the trademarked TSIO forum two-black-parents-and-not-African purity test became a thing.

I took a timeout over that shit. Gone, just gone.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

One thing I will say, I hope Jimmy remembers the "OKG is racis." shit and gives a narrative equally as heinous back to Mario for that one.

I still maintain this narrative was born on this very site. Biggest black eye for HH, in my opinion. Mario had it handed to him on a fucking platter. There was zero talk of dirty racial recruiting to the south before the trademarked TSIO forum two-black-parents-and-not-African purity test became a thing.

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club