Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clemson of the West POTD

2»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

One thing I will say, I hope Jimmy remembers the "OKG is racis." shit and gives a narrative equally as heinous back to Mario for that one.

I still maintain this narrative was born on this very site. Biggest black eye for HH, in my opinion. Mario had it handed to him on a fucking platter. There was zero talk of dirty racial recruiting to the south before the trademarked TSIO forum two-black-parents-and-not-African purity test became a thing.

I took a timeout over that shit. Gone, just gone.
    I know you're getting gif gangbanged but I'm not entirely sure you're wrong about this. There's certainly a non zero chance.
    I'm seriously sitting here wondering if they're being deliberately obtuse. It was pretty much the theme of that board for a full year.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

One thing I will say, I hope Jimmy remembers the "OKG is racis." shit and gives a narrative equally as heinous back to Mario for that one.

I still maintain this narrative was born on this very site. Biggest black eye for HH, in my opinion. Mario had it handed to him on a fucking platter. There was zero talk of dirty racial recruiting to the south before the trademarked TSIO forum two-black-parents-and-not-African purity test became a thing.

I know you're getting gif gangbanged but I'm not entirely sure you're wrong about this. There's certainly a non zero chance.
    I'm seriously sitting here wondering if they're being deliberately obtuse. It was pretty much the theme of that board for a full year.
    There was never a completely serious 'Pete is racist' theme on the TBS board, jesus. You're confusing narratives that low rent vomit posters like firecohen parroted vs. what the dudes themselves actually said.

edit: dnc said it better than me. agreed.
    Disagree. I think the "a recruit having two black parents is vastly different than just one" nonsense was stated completely seriously by a not insignificant amount of posters. They legitimately believed that Pete could appeal to the latter but struggled to relate with the former. The fast strategy shit morphed into a meme, but it was rooted in sincerely held beliefs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

There was never a completely serious 'Pete is racist' theme on the TBS board, jesus. You're confusing narratives that low rent vomit posters like firecohen parroted vs. what the dudes themselves actually said.

Disagree. I think the "a recruit having two black parents is vastly different than just one" nonsense was stated completely seriously by a not insignificant amount of posters. They legitimately believed that Pete could appeal to the latter but struggled to relate with the former. The fast strategy shit morphed into a meme, but it was rooted in sincerely held beliefs.
    This is 100% true but it's different than sincerely believing Pete was racist.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

This is 100% true but it's different than sincerely believing Pete was racist.
    Right, but I don't think @1to392831weretaken was arguing that people here thought Pete was racist. Rather, people thought Pete struggled to recruit "the real blacks".
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

That was a total fucking snore fest because the usual retarded suspects couldn't help themselves and tried to interject it in every recruiting thread. Grown ass men who have never developed a mature view on racial topics always out themselves enthusiastically when they see an opening.

It was embarrassing. I think the chances that it played a part in the weird backlash against UW is well above zero.
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Yes. This is well stated.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

lol

You sound scared that we're going to out-Oregon Oregon.
    Jesus this place has gotten weird.
    How have you been around this dump longer than I have yet find this strange? "Cutting myself for attention" levels of fullblown emo to "charging to maximum doog" in just one COVID home win over Arifuckingzona is so completely on brand for HH!

I give it three weeks tops before everyone's back wearing all black and listening to The Cure and going full-goth edgelord again.
    If we shit the bed against Utah things will be back to normal around here
    After last Saturday, I was on a high after playing so well, but I’m nervous that it was a mirage. The pain of being a Husky Fan.
    Utah is bad, if we don’t kick the shit out of them somebody needs to be fired!