Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Republican Backlash Against Fox News Explodes

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited November 2020 in Tug Tavern
https://breitbart.com/the-media/2020/11/07/nolte-backlash-against-fox-news-explodes/

For the record, in regards to calling Arizona early, I do not feel that was fraudulent, even though it was the wrong thing to do. I think Fox was trying to get it right but simply fucked up. Republicans should not expect any network to carry water for them. Networks are supposed to cover the news.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    windfall for Newsmax (whatever that is) and OAN?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I said multiple tims before the election that the press needs to STFU on Election Day and make no projections/calls until every last fucking ballot is counted.

But that would require professional integrity.

They clearly didn’t learn their lesson from 2000. Fuck them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

I said multiple tims before the election that the press needs to STFU on Election Day and make no projections/calls until every last fucking ballot is counted.

I say that daily to the Dazzler.

Same result.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I believe the AP called Arizona about the same time Fox did. Polls were closed anyway some what’s the big deal? They don’t stop counting the ballots.

Irregardless, they were right. And so were the polls.

306 EC + 4+ million in the popular vote.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

Cheers @Doog_de_Jour, solid poast as usual.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Classy post Stalin. Agree.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    edited November 2020

https://breitbart.com/the-media/2020/11/07/nolte-backlash-against-fox-news-explodes/

For the record, in regards to calling Arizona early, I do not feel that was fraudulent, even though it was the wrong thing to do. I think Fox was trying to get it right but simply fucked up. Republicans should not expect any network to carry water for them. Networks are supposed to cover the news.

None of them are fair and balanced. All lean left now. Most lie for the left.
  • Options

One of the most retarded takes ever. They’re still counting as of today.
  • Options

I believe the AP called Arizona about the same time Fox did. Polls were closed anyway some what’s the big deal? They don’t stop counting the ballots.

Irregardless, they were right. And so were the pollsters.

306 EC + 4+ million in the popular vote.

Fixed
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

For the record, I am denying any false statement about falsehoods, I deny and are untrue!!
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    No better tim than now. . . .

OKAY!!!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Fuck you @BennyBeaver, I’ve had far worse takes.

Why pray tell, is *this* particular one such a shitty one? I realize news organizations have been trained by the public and their bosses’ hungry for ratings to be first rather than right, but don’t you think some restraint in reporting would better serve the voting process?

Hell, even American Idol fans had to wait until the end of the night to find out who was going home that week.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts.
  • Options

Why pray tell, is *this* particular one such a shitty one? I realize news organizations have been trained by the public and their bosses’ hungry for ratings to be first rather than right, but don’t you think some restraint in reporting would better serve the voting process?

Hell, even American Idol fans had to wait until the end of the night to find out who was going home that week.

What’s the difference between voting and counting votes?

I’ll take your answer off the air.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Not 100% what you mean, but the exit polling, projections, etc. on the election night is very harmful, even with early/absentee voting.

Just because people have voted doesn’t mean it has been counted. Many smaller jurisdictions take longer due to limited resources. Signatures need to be validated. These things take time and I would much rather have a delay of the results and get everything certified before we declare a winner.

That’s all I’m saying.
  • Options

Not 100% what you mean, but the exit polling, projections, etc. on the election night is very harmful, even with early/absentee voting.

Just because people have voted doesn’t mean it has been counted. Many smaller jurisdictions take longer due to limited resources. Signatures need to be validated. These things take time and I would much rather have a delay of the results and get everything certified before we declare a winner.

That’s all I’m saying.
    What media outlet called a race before polls closed this election?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

The thing is, and this will be tough for you "free market" conservatives out there to hear, the news media are for-profit businesses looking to make a buck while serving the obligatory public functions. If people want projections and vote counts, etc. the media will give it to them and in the process make money.

Are you some anti-capitalist??

The politicians themselves and the overwhelming amount of interested voters like states getting "called" except when its for the other guy. So suck it up.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The thing is, and this will be tough for you "free market" conservatives out there to hear, the news media are for-profit businesses looking to make a buck while serving the obligatory public functions. If people want projections and vote counts, etc. the media will give it to them and in the process make money.

Are you some anti-capitalist??

The politicians themselves and the overwhelming amount of interested voters like states getting "called" except when its for the other guy. So suck it up.
    I’m not a conservative, nor am I anti-capitalist. I believe in freedom of the press too, so they are well within their rights to report as they wish. They are delivering a product that many in this country are hungry for, so I recognize they are not completely at fault.

I also recognize what I’m asking for is completely unrealistic. Even if all the major networks made an agreement to hold off calling winners or making projections, there’s still social media and message boards like this one that will gladly fill the void.

THAT BEING SAID...

The press has protections provided to them in the Constitution and with those, in my mind, come responsibilities. Journalism is a vital part of protecting democracy and the integrity of information, so they should be held to a higher standard.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

That’s all I’m saying.
    What media outlet called a race before polls closed this election?
    Technically all of them, since the elections haven’t all been certified. And we still technically have the electoral college, but I know that’s *mostly* an antiquated formality.

I guess what I’m getting at is I don’t want elections decided by statistical projections, “pre-season” polling, and any “might as well not even play the game” mentality. LIPO, give the process time to work.

It shouldn't be that hard to get elections counted and decided on the evening of the vote ... particularly given the technology that we have in place. This shouldn't be a huge issue at this point.