Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing (07/11/1983)

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    This is the ring tone on my iphone and periodically i just play the song at full volume as a reset to my sonic stability ~ everyone has their anthem... this one is mine.

I remember the first time i heard it ~ i was driving on the freeway and about 1/3 of the way through it I just pulled over and sat in my car in awe and quietly listened.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was listening to a Clapton / Winwood live version the other day...never cared for Eric's version. McCready has his moments with it, but it is Jimi's masterpiece (for me), and Stevie's as well. First time I heard this, I thought it was Jimi...the tone is so rich, so pure...SRV made a lot of great music, and is certainly a legend in his own right, but I cannot think of another cover that literally replicates (and expands, respectfully) the original like this.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    same, i thought it was jimi too as i was listening to it when i pulled over on the freeway... and yah i liked that it was a respectful build on the original.. an answer back through the airwaves saying i was listening and i heard you
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve got a version of this on vinyl which will bring tears to your eye.