Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

GLOBAL WARMING: 9 Years Since U.S. had a Cat 3 or higher hurricane.

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
edited May 2014 in Tug Tavern
"The U.S. has been extraordinarily fortunate lately: we have not been witness to the fury of a major hurricane (category 3 or higher) landfall since October 2005 when Wilma hit southwest Florida as a Category 3 storm." Washington Post

If you can't believe the fucking Washington Post, (which share an alley with the Russian Embassy), who can you believe?

Never in history has this ever happened. It's GOT to be Global Fucking Warming!

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,515 Founders Club
    that is actually a totally valid point.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

that is actually a totally valid point.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Yea but still.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Global warming history started in 1997.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

U.S. CO2 levels are at a 20 year low and dropping. But don't tell anyone. It doesn't fit the agenda of profiteering the the righteous name of environmentalism.

CollegeDoog!!! True???

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,999
    d2d said:

"The U.S. has been extraordinarily fortunate lately: we have not been witness to the fury of a major hurricane (category 3 or higher) landfall since October 2005 when Wilma hit southwest Florida as a Category 3 storm." Washington Post

If you can't believe the fucking Washington Post, (which share an alley with the Russian Embassy), who can you believe?

Never in history has this ever happened. It's GOT to be Global Fucking Warming!

well it's pretty fucking warm in Seattle today and I actually broke a sweat before noon. so what in the fuck do you have to say about that public school boy?

Whitman people get it. Why can't you.

It's getting fucking hot in here!
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    This thread did not deliver.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

This thread did not deliver.

You disagree that U.S. CO2 is falling?
    You disagree that climate change is occurring? Or just that it's caused by humans?

You disagree that climate change is occurring? Or just that it's caused by humans?

Why not answer the question with an answer instead of a question? Are U.S. CO2 levels falling? ANSWER THE QUESTION.
    edited May 2014

I think the climate has been changing. It always does.

I don't know what causes it , and neither do you.

If you disagree that this is huge business with billions or maybe re trillions of dollars at stake, then you are the true denier. And when there is that much money in play, I trust no one.

"I love apocalyptic predictions" on climate change, Buffett told CNBC on Monday, because they probably do affect rates. " - Buffet speaking on insurance rates and noting that the hype turns him big profits when the reality is the risk hasn't actually changed.

Follow the money.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,559 Swaye's Wigwam

If you disagree that this is huge business with billions or maybe re trillions of dollars at stake, then you are the true denier. And when there is that much money in play, I trust no one.

"I love apocalyptic predictions" on climate change, Buffett told CNBC on Monday, because they probably do affect rates. " - Buffet speaking on insurance rates and noting that the hype turns him big profits when the reality is the risk hasn't actually changed.

Follow the money.
    you can't claim that humanity isn't having a big impact, though

doesn't really matter what the US does when places like China, India, Russia, Brazil, and the continent of Africa don't give a fuck

Follow the money.

doesn't really matter what the US does when places like China, India, Russia, Brazil, and the continent of Africa don't give a fuck
    I didn't claim that. I said I didn't know. And the truth is you don't really know either.

And since it doesn't matter what the US does, then it doesn't make since to fuck our the economy over it, does it? It only makes sense if someone stands to make a ton of money off off it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,559 Swaye's Wigwam

Follow the money.

I didn't claim that. I said I didn't know. And the truth is you don't really know either.
    You're right, no one can really know for sure. I just think it would make sense that all of humanity's rapid industrialization has had an accelerating effect on whatever climate changes were already taking place. but the planet will change with or without us...it always has
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    It doesn't really matter since the sun will eventually become a super nova engulfing Earth. Global warming or no global warming this planet will be evaporated unless of course you believe in a 3,000 year old book jesus will intervene and stop the sun from becoming a super nova.

Or maybe a rogue black hole will sweep through but of course god will come by and slap it away with his giant hockey stick.

Liberals are dumber than conservatives believing Obama is a good President. Libs continue to ignore that Obama kills a lot people around the world but if it were Bush doing it they would be screaming bloody murder. Of course conservatives love Ayn Rand who didn't believe in God and thought religion was for the weak minded. Go figure....Both parties have ruined this country.

edited May 2014
    jecornel said:

It doesn't really matter since the sun will eventually become a super nova engulfing Earth. Global warming or no global warming this planet will be evaporated unless of course you believe in a 3,000 year old book jesus will intervene and stop the sun from becoming a super nova.

Or maybe a rogue black hole will sweep through but of course god will come by and slap it away with his giant hockey stick.

Liberals are dumber than conservatives believing Obama is a good President. Libs continue to ignore that Obama kills a lot people around the world but if it were Bush doing it they would be screaming bloody murder. Of course conservatives love Ayn Rand who didn't believe in God and thought religion was for the weak minded. Go figure....Both parties have ruined this country.

Whether Obama is a good president has nothing to do with conservatives or liberals. Domestic politics are a dreckfest anyways.