Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cal is scoring 100 on us. #Doomed

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,580
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    So what do our spies tell us... do we have a QB or not? Doe we have an offfensive line that can find their butts with either hand and block in tandem with each other or what? We know what we have for receivers and RB's, and we know the story on the defense except for the ILB's and we can guess what is happening there... somebody around here must know and be able to answer in code so that their yard pass isn't revoked...
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Jimmy is one cocky SOB I will give him that. Usually these types of coaches get served humble pie. This is going to be an interesting coaching tenure.

Unless he doesn't give a fuck like Trump. He's said some dumb shit and keep forging forward without a care in the world.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

mrdoog said:

Coaches talking shit on social media never ends well. And being overly cocky is a terrible trait for a head coach.

Can we all just remember that there is a sub-zero percent chance that the Huskies face an SEC team this year? Jimmy can talk all the shit he wants this season, knowing he can get away with it.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Continuing my thought from a poast last week about the scrimmages:

He wanted to have 4 game like scrimmages with coin tosses and halftimes and the rest which I thought was an encouraging step from the previous regime.

He also mentioned he was going to mimic game scenarios, so last Saturday it was a 7:30pm kick (like the Cal game will be), and today’s was a 9:00am kick (like USC vs ASU).

Essentially he is trying to prime the team for whatever scenario may come their way so they don’t play tight or freeze up (the way they have in the past).

He also has mentioned he sees what the fans are saying and what other teams say. He trolled Leach publicly damn near every year. He publicly touted that UW had the #1 recruiting class right after Oregon finished touting their (composite vs 247). In his last interview he said the playbook and schemes should be so simple that young kids have a shot to play right away without confusion, and that the best talent will compete and win out. Then he boasts that offense is now like that just like the defense has always been, a direct shot at Pete.

I think Jimmy wants to talk shit, rile people up, and have his players be confident, cocky, and loose. It’s the same attitude the DBs have had the last 6 years.

It may completely implode and be all sizzle and no steak. But this team has a ton of talent and the biggest complaint during Pete’s tenure was that the team would play tight and not to lose. At least Jimmy is trying to break that shit up.

Let the best players play, let them play fast because they know their assignments and the scheme in and out, and let them play loose and have fun kicking ass.

EWIWBI.

Edit: I know none of this rectifies this season’s recruiting failures or the uninspired Donovan hire. But I’m looking for every silver lining I can. I’m a Doog thru and thru. What is dead may never die.

POTW. Case closed. End of discussion.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    So i'm hearing a lot of sardonic discussion of how "we always lose to Cal" and I'm a little flumoxxxed by that.

We have OWNED Cal since the 1960's and have routinely not only taken their lunch money but also the north bay's best players for so many years that is comical.

Now i know that everyone in here has a flair for the kabuki theatre style expression of the most dramitic death scenes in Dostoevsky's femme fetale, but do you gys really think that we will lose this game?

I dont... I mean yah they have the return of most of their skill players on offense including a QB which i like and admire, and so is this why everyone seems to think they have a material advantage especially since we don't even "know" who our QB is or the exact details of what our offense will look like?

But really, when you look at the depth and strength of the quality of the athletes on both teams do you really think that CAL will win? Go DOOGS, go Dawgs. the line is Washington is favored by 6.5 points and I'm not tempted to bet the game but I think it's the Dawgs by 10. What do you think?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So i'm hearing a lot of sardonic discussion of how "we always lose to Cal" and I'm a little flumoxxxed by that.

We have OWNED Cal since the 1960's and have routinely not only taken their lunch money but also the north bay's best players for so many years that is comical.

Now i know that everyone in here has a flair for the kabuki theatre style expression of the most dramitic death scenes in Dostoevsky's femme fetale, but do you gys really think that we will lose this game?

I dont... I mean yah they have the return of most of their skill players on offense including a QB which i like and admire, and so is this why everyone seems to think they have a material advantage especially since we don't even "know" who our QB is or the exact details of what our offense will look like?

But really, when you look at the depth and strength of the quality of the athletes on both teams do you really think that CAL will win? Go DOOGS, go Dawgs. the line is Washington is favored by 6.5 points and I'm not tempted to bet the game but I think it's the Dawgs by 10. What do you think?

Lol. Did u not watch wtf happed the last 2 years. We with our stars had the advantage and still got our shit handed to us. Cal got a superior culture until they don’t. Evan weaver was the fucking man
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Lol. Did u not watch wtf happed the last 2 years. We with our stars had the advantage and still got our shit handed to us. Cal got a superior culture until they don’t. Evan weaver was the fucking man
    Yeah dude. Got our shit handed to us.

It started as a joke and now it's just this embarrassing 12-like thing where talent doesn't matter and our players and coaches are really afraid of Cal's offense that necessitated running off their OC.

When the reality is that our team for stretches in 18 and the entirety of 19 was so dysfunctional and Cal STILL needed a ton of shit to go their way to beat us by a few points.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To be fair for all we know the scrimmage started each side from the 25 yard line every possession.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

To be fair for all we know the scrimmage started each side from the 25 yard line every possession.

9-6
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    FireCohen said:

Yes with all due respect because you are a high-quality gy and I recognize and honor that, that that is exactly the point, i DID watch what happened the last two years and also the last freaking 60. The simple fact is that they do not have the athletes that we do or the talent at the skill positions or the depth on either or both lines that we do, and they never do. We should win 80% of the time [whenever our recruiting has been decent] and we have and we will as long as that trend continues. It's like Washington State, there are times when either side of the ball looks pretty damn good but really they do not have the depth and quality of personnel to compete yet with the dawgs. I don't feel like I'm being doogish, if you simply look at the quality and quantity of the personnel, it's not close.

I get your point though... we will see.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

Yes with all due respect because you are a high-quality gy and I recognize and honor that, that that is exactly the point, i DID watch what happened the last two years and also the last freaking 60. The simple fact is that they do not have the athletes that we do or the talent at the skill positions or the depth on either or both lines that we do, and they never do. We should win 80% of the time and we have and we will as long as that trend continues. It's like Washington State, there are times when either side of the ball looks pretty damn good but really they do not have the depth and quality of personnel to compete yet with the dawgs. I don't feel like I'm being doogish, if you simply look at the quality and quantity of the personnel, it's not close.

First of all, it's a fucking joke.

Second, they've won the last 2 games vs UW, yet you don't see how they can "compete yet"?

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020

For perspective, this is the history of the outcome of games since 1960.... and except when we were absolute crap during the dark years that shall not be named, recruiting within their footprint has gone the same exact way.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Continuing my thought from a poast last week about the scrimmages:

He wanted to have 4 game like scrimmages with coin tosses and halftimes and the rest which I thought was an encouraging step from the previous regime.

He also mentioned he was going to mimic game scenarios, so last Saturday it was a 7:30pm kick (like the Cal game will be), and today’s was a 9:00am kick (like USC vs ASU).

Essentially he is trying to prime the team for whatever scenario may come their way so they don’t play tight or freeze up (the way they have in the past).

He also has mentioned he sees what the fans are saying and what other teams say. He trolled Leach publicly damn near every year. He publicly touted that UW had the #1 recruiting class right after Oregon finished touting their (composite vs 247). In his last interview he said the playbook and schemes should be so simple that young kids have a shot to play right away without confusion, and that the best talent will compete and win out. Then he boasts that offense is now like that just like the defense has always been, a direct shot at Pete.

I think Jimmy wants to talk shit, rile people up, and have his players be confident, cocky, and loose. It’s the same attitude the DBs have had the last 6 years.

It may completely implode and be all sizzle and no steak. But this team has a ton of talent and the biggest complaint during Pete’s tenure was that the team would play tight and not to lose. At least Jimmy is trying to break that shit up.

Let the best players play, let them play fast because they know their assignments and the scheme in and out, and let them play loose and have fun kicking ass.

EWIWBI.

Edit: I know none of this rectifies this season’s recruiting failures or the uninspired Donovan hire. But I’m looking for every silver lining I can. I’m a Doog thru and thru. What is dead may never die.

POTW. Case closed. End of discussion.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

mrdoog said:

Coaches talking shit on social media never ends well. And being overly cocky is a terrible trait for a head coach.

Can we all just remember that there is a sub-zero percent chance that the Huskies face an SEC team this year? Jimmy can talk all the shit he wants this season, knowing he can get away with it.

That is just hurtful
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    haie said:

FireCohen said:

Yeah dude. Got our shit handed to us.

It started as a joke and now it's just this embarrassing 12-like thing where talent doesn't matter and our players and coaches are really afraid of Cal's offense that necessitated running off their OC.

When the reality is that our team for stretches in 18 and the entirety of 19 was so dysfunctional and Cal STILL needed a ton of shit to go their way to beat us by a few points.
    Loss is a Loss. Cal talked shit both times before the game and backed it up by beating UW.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Yes with all due respect because you are a high-quality gy and I recognize and honor that, that that is exactly the point, i DID watch what happened the last two years and also the last freaking 60. The simple fact is that they do not have the athletes that we do or the talent at the skill positions or the depth on either or both lines that we do, and they never do. We should win 80% of the time [whenever our recruiting has been decent] and we have and we will as long as that trend continues. It's like Washington State, there are times when either side of the ball looks pretty damn good but really they do not have the depth and quality of personnel to compete yet with the dawgs. I don't feel like I'm being doogish, if you simply look at the quality and quantity of the personnel, it's not close.

we lost with a better roster, I hope we win but they way UW lost for the past two years has been very discouraging they just rolled over and could not put away a team that was limited talentwise
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jimmy is one cocky SOB I will give him that. Usually these types of coaches get served humble pie. This is going to be an interesting coaching tenure.

@creepycoug

People forget that Don James liked to talk shit like Lane Kiffin. Probably didn't smoke weed
    People also forget Don James came by his trash talk naturally: people forget that Don James was a Cane.
    a 5'9" QB who set records