Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In defense of Ballz

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,710
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

When he said, "We'll be back better next year dawg fans" or something similar after the Vegas bowl I actually had hope he'd be back and they would use him correctly.

That's how shit Pete's offense was. Players had zero faith in it. Surprised Ty Jones and the other receivers are still even fucking here.

Eh. You can hang this or that on Pete, but for Christ's stake I'm not sure I've seen a back more talented at running straight into the backs of his blockers than the Terrorist. That's just something that even his Dad would acknowledge.

Beyond that, he went down on first contact of any kind, and was garbage in the clutch. Love him, hate him, or whatever, it's pretty hard to argue these points. These aren't "scheme" issues.

He was good for one thing: using a wide open lane outside and blasting through it. He just wasn't a running back and he was never going to be an elite wide receiver.

The context of the all chatter with you, BTP and Ballz was started by me making the rather obvious point that replacing Gaskin ... even replacing .75 of a Gaskin, was going to be a huge ? As usual, I was right.

What's wrong with having a hybrid player on your offense that is used in edge opportunities? Worked against a lot of teams, including SC and Oregon.

He was elite at that. It's not my fault Pete and a bunch of doogs wanted him used the same way as Gaskin.

I never said he was replacing Gaskin. Richard Newton was supposed to do that. When he went down the offense went to shit tier fast, but that's a different discussion.
    Fair point. He was a "set him up" offensive player. Those guys are good for breaking open a game or plunging the dagger. The problem is, he was profiled and billed as a running back. So a lot of doogs, including our very own BTP, thought he was the answer for losing Gaskin. That's where the disconnect tended to be.
    Since 2017 it's clear they had no clue on what to do with him. I mean it's doogs, there always another quarterback and BIG back to fill in the gaps.

Fuller, Bachellia, Chico (bad chico) were used over him in a lot of situations I thought were made for his skillset.

It's really sad. My point is I don't blame him for declaring.

Oregon would have used him much better in the offense they ran the last two years where there's a lot of blocking and a solid swing game for him.
    That's also a good point. Oregon would have used him like they used Jalen Redd, who is considerably smaller and lighter than Ahmed but very productive for the Ducks.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

When he said, "We'll be back better next year dawg fans" or something similar after the Vegas bowl I actually had hope he'd be back and they would use him correctly.

That's how shit Pete's offense was. Players had zero faith in it. Surprised Ty Jones and the other receivers are still even fucking here.

Eh. You can hang this or that on Pete, but for Christ's stake I'm not sure I've seen a back more talented at running straight into the backs of his blockers than the Terrorist. That's just something that even his Dad would acknowledge.

Beyond that, he went down on first contact of any kind, and was garbage in the clutch. Love him, hate him, or whatever, it's pretty hard to argue these points. These aren't "scheme" issues.

He was good for one thing: using a wide open lane outside and blasting through it. He just wasn't a running back and he was never going to be an elite wide receiver.

The context of the all chatter with you, BTP and Ballz was started by me making the rather obvious point that replacing Gaskin ... even replacing .75 of a Gaskin, was going to be a huge ? As usual, I was right.

What's wrong with having a hybrid player on your offense that is used in edge opportunities? Worked against a lot of teams, including SC and Oregon.

He was elite at that. It's not my fault Pete and a bunch of doogs wanted him used the same way as Gaskin.

I never said he was replacing Gaskin. Richard Newton was supposed to do that. When he went down the offense went to shit tier fast, but that's a different discussion.
    Fair point. He was a "set him up" offensive player. Those guys are good for breaking open a game or plunging the dagger. The problem is, he was profiled and billed as a running back. So a lot of doogs, including our very own BTP, thought he was the answer for losing Gaskin. That's where the disconnect tended to be.
    Since 2017 it's clear they had no clue on what to do with him. I mean it's doogs, there always another quarterback and BIG back to fill in the gaps.

Fuller, Bachellia, Chico (bad chico) were used over him in a lot of situations I thought were made for his skillset.

Oregon would have used him much better in the offense they ran the last two years where there's a lot of blocking and a solid swing game for him.
    That's also a good point. Oregon would have used him like they used Jalen Redd, who is considerably smaller and lighter than Ahmed but very productive for the Ducks.
    That's who I was thinking of. Or Pittman.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

I’m sure he’ll kill it at Miami then.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

I’m sure he’ll kill it at Miami then.
    A once proud program, Miami is now where pro careers go to die.

So, fitting for Ahmed.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    https://bowdowntowashington.com/

I’d go, but the comedy is a little too unintentional for my? tastes.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

https://bowdowntowashington.com/

I’d go, but the comedy is a little too unintentional for my? tastes.

Ugh. That place. Since @Dennis_DeYoung, @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, etc. have washed their hands of it, @HeretoBeatmyChest should just shut it down, and move the BDTW forums over to http://huskyfanpodcast.com/.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He would have been 7 a pop if we actually used him correctly which is OZ/stretch. We ran him mostly on inside zones/duo/trap etc. which was retarded
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    Imagine thinking we were worse because of a fucking RB and Myles is my favorite husky ever. #RunningBacksDontMatter
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

Imagine thinking we were worse because of a fucking RB and Myles is my favorite husky ever. #RunningBacksDontMatter

#EverythingMatters

😉
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You back on the drugs and alcohol with that shit take? This ain't the NFL. Elite RB's are difference makers in college where 3/4 of the players will never sniff playing in the league.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

Eh. You can hang this or that on Pete, but for Christ's stake I'm not sure I've seen a back more talented at running straight into the backs of his blockers than the Terrorist . That's just something that even his Dad would acknowledge.

Disagree

Are you doubling down on the fucktardedness junior?

A guy who gives you 4 1,000 yard rushing seasons doesn't matter?

A guy who can run inside and outside the tackles doesn't matter?

A guy who is money on 3rd down doesn't matter? That one bears repeating. A RUNNING BACK who is money on 3rd down doesn't matter?

Holy shit. You've been drinking with Ballz again.

Take a nap little man.