Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something is bothering me....

124»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Weather is getting cool. Prime time for eating clams and oysters.

I gotta tell you, by the looks of things, I'm thinking I'm going to be enjoying both with cash still in my pocket.

You guys almost have me convinced otherwise, though.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

Weather is getting cool. Prime time for eating clams and oysters.

I gotta tell you, by the looks of things, I'm thinking I'm going to be enjoying both with cash still in my pocket.

You guys almost have me convinced otherwise, though.

Put it to good work if you have kids. If not, fuck it and enjoy it.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Poles aren't perfect, but they're close enough, and there are enough of them that with proper methodologies that for them to be wrong enough to flip the current expected outcome of Biden winning would be highly unlikely.

Enthusiasm is different than likely voting plans. There are two groups of people who are enthused this election: Trump supporters, and Trump haters. Probably an equal number of signs in my neighborhood for each candidate. Biden is going to win a majority of the voters in between but they will all start hating Biden right after he wins, if he wins. He's very much a "ehhh, I guess I have to" candidate because Trump is so disliked.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You mean like last time.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,745
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yeah Joe "I made countries pay my kid huge money for my favors" Biden is an I have to vote. Pathetic.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Poles aren't perfect, but they're close enough, and there are enough of them that with proper methodologies that for them to be wrong enough to flip the current expected outcome of Biden winning would be highly unlikely.

Enthusiasm is different than likely voting plans. There are two groups of people who are enthused this election: Trump supporters, and Trump haters. Probably an equal number of signs in my neighborhood for each candidate. Biden is going to win a majority of the voters in between but they will all start hating Biden right after he wins, if he wins. He's very much a "ehhh, I guess I have to" candidate because Trump is so disliked.

Cerebral row boater wisdom.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t see many signs for either. I see some BLM ones in yards. I think it’s more of a rural thing and rural areas vote republican so you probably see more Trump ones in those areas.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

I pretty much don't know what to believe anymore. The irony of the information age in which we live.

Is it any wonder why the most empoyable people now are those with expertise in data science?

Mother. Fucking. This.

Every single tim there is the latest salacious headline, I mandatory give it 24-48hrs to get more information before I decide to be pissed/outraged. It's really the only way to operate for a rational individual.

If I really care about a story? I head to international news outlets and/or far-left anti-establishment types to make sure I'm getting perspective outside of my echo chamber. Then I take a walk on the beach.

Story tim. About 3 weeks ago, one of my establishment DNC buddies sent me a story about how a black man was found dead with his corpse burning in the bushes somewhere in Iowa. 2nd or 3rd paragraph of the story point-blank said there was no evidence the murder was race related. I quoted that back to him and he flipped out. I also mentioned my 24-48 hr rule. Apparently we? are on the cusp of a major race war. Welp, 3 weeks later nary a word in the rest of the MSM about the story, let alone any potential race/hate crime. I was right, you know. We? haven't discussed politics since.

I imagine this is how they? aim to keep control over us? Amirite @oregonblitzkrieg??
    You can fight them with sigs like yours. Leftists hate that.
    The @pawz Sig is prolly the best cigarette ad of all Tim.
    I never noticed the cigarette before I read your post. Swear to real God.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,745
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don’t see many signs for either. I see some BLM ones in yards. I think it’s more of a rural thing and rural areas vote republican so you probably see more Trump ones in those areas.

You should burn down the houses of those BLM people. They probably have insurance!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The huge lead is so when Trump wins the left can cry like bitches for another 4 years that Trump stole the election

Truth. This is a 3 point game heading into the fourth quarter. And Biden is stuck on the bench with 4 fouls.

For those living in the Seattle/Portland echo chamber - there's a whole 'nuther world out there that is red AF. When Uncle @RaceBannon says Cali is in play, you should listen.

The media lies.
    Race must be going senile, there is no fucking way Cali is in play.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

Lots a Biden signs down here in Mayberry. Not one Trump one on our? Side of the River. But there’s been a convoy of Trumptard Monster Trucks coming through every Sat to harass all the dirty Californicator invasion.

Wow. I live in an extremely RAT infested part of Cali and there are barely any Biden signs. TBF, there aren't many Trump signs either but more than I would expect. I see little kids wearing Trump t-shirts more than I would expect. On I-5, Trump stickers out number Biden stickers 3-1 or more.
    I don’t think most Dems are enthralled with Biden. Certainly doesn’t generate the cathartic response does with his base. But don’t underestimate the power of Trump hate in this election. I think they smell blood and only need to flip 80,000 votes in 3 states.
    It's a referendum on Trump, no one is voting for Biden. If Trump could actually stay on point and articulate an effective defense of himself and take it to Joe Biden in a coherent manner he'd win this thing easily, but that ain't Trump.

A 30 second response to the Charlottesville lie would have put that bullshit to bed 3 years ago.

"Joe you claim you got into the race because I supposedly said that neo-Nazis were 'fine people', like a lot of claims in your life Joe that too is a lie. I was talking specifically about people on both sides of the Confederate statute issue, and I accurately predicted as we all saw this past summer that this push to tear down statues wouldn't stop at Confederate statues, we now see your supporters tearing down statues of Washington, Jefferson and yes, even Abe Lincoln. This is the issue for which there are good people on both sides Joe and I specifically singled out the KKK and neo-Nazis as people who should be condemned and were not part of the "good people" on both sides.

You launched your campaign what that lie Joe, you've used it through out the primary and the general election. You repeated the lie when you accepted the nomination and repeated it again during our first debate. Joe, either you're poorly informed and lazy, never once even bothering to take the time to watch and listen to what I actually said, on the issue you claim caused you to get into the race, or you're intentionally lying Joe, which everyone here knows you have a long history of doing, which is it Joe? "
    Fit this into a Tweet and the race is over.
  • Options

I pretty much don't know what to believe anymore. The irony of the information age in which we live.

Is it any wonder why the most empoyable people now are those with expertise in data science?

Junk science and fraud are booming industries. That's a bastardization of "expertise" to combine it with "data science," though.
  • Options

More BLM signs than anything in my highly educated neck of the woods. I'm guessing most are teachers or work for public school districts.

The most hilarious line is "we believe in science," while they parent gender-fluid kids. Fucking stunning TBH.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Silent majority

Only a few days left

HuskyJW always right
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LebamDawg said:

if it helps any - Real Clear Politics has the spread at 9 points, Trump up in Texas, Ga, Fla, and Az

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

All the poles have blue winners effectively across the board ... might as well cancel all the elections

Awfully warm for early November
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    HuskyJW said:

Silent majority

Only a few days left

HuskyJW always right

right about what? Can you remind me what the touchdown dance is for?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

The huge lead is so when Trump wins the left can cry like bitches for another 4 years that Trump stole the election

Truth. This is a 3 point game heading into the fourth quarter. And Biden is stuck on the bench with 4 fouls.

For those living in the Seattle/Portland echo chamber - there's a whole 'nuther world out there that is red AF. When Uncle @RaceBannon says Cali is in play, you should listen.

The media lies.
    Race must be going senile, there is no fucking way Cali is in play.
    Cali not in play and all the conservatives are moving out of that state. Doomed.