Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Eyes of Texas

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
Get woke, go broke. Even the Texas legislature allowed the commie rot to take over their public education system. Hard not to tell them to phuck off when the commie University President asks for some big donations because the kids need more indoctrination education.

http://ace.mu.nu/#390700

Football Players and the Longhorn Band are boycotting “The Eyes of Texas” at the University of Texas – because, you know why [Buck Throckmorton]
—Open Blogger
In recent years, the University of Texas has tried to redefine itself as the Cal-Berkeley of the Southwest, going way off the deep-end in support of campus radicalism. Its football program had been the last refuge of non-radical America on campus.

Although anti-American leftism is pervasive at the university, the football players aren’t able to show their hatred for the United States during the National Anthem because they’re still in the locker room. So instead, many of them have decided to protest the school’s alma mater, The Eyes of Texas, claiming it is racist and offensive.

From July in the NY Times: University of Texas Won’t Drop Song With Racist History

“The Eyes of Texas,” once sung at minstrel shows, will remain a campus anthem at the University of Texas at Austin, the school announced on Monday.
Replacing the song was among a long list of requests made by the athletes, who said that if their demands were not met, they would no longer help the university recruit new players or participate in donor events.

In August: UT drum major says she won’t lead The Eyes Of Texas when football returns

Two weeks ago: UT dean to Longhorn Band leaders: When band returns, ‘It will be expected to perform The Eyes of Texas

In last week’s home game – a loss to TCU – the Band was not present (because of Wuhan Virus), and a recorded version of The Eyes of Texas was played instead. Many players walked to the locker room during the song, rather than stand facing the crowd and singing the alma mater with the fans, as is custom. A lot of fans were not happy.

Now the UT President has a real crisis, with the band expected to be in attendance at the next home game. Many band members are refusing to play the song. Players are boycotting it. Fans are demanding it. And rich boosters are about to start sitting on their wallets.

So this week the university’s President is once again trying to find a way to confess that the University is a racist institution with a racist past, while still playing the song in some form so as to keep the donor money flowing, while also promising the young radicals that they’ve won and the song is going away.

UT President Forms Committee to Address Controversy Surrounding Alma Mater

“I have asked Professor Richard Reddick, a Texas Ex and Associate Dean for Equity, Community Engagement and Outreach in the College of Education, to chair a committee that will chronicle the full history of ‘The Eyes’ and recommend ways we can openly acknowledge, share and learn from it,” he wrote.
The football program has brought the university a lot of money and goodwill. At least it did. The social justice monster that UT created, nurtured, and encouraged is now devouring its football program and alienating its deep-pocketed fans. And it’s a beautiful thing.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

Coach Taylor would have nipped this problem in the bud.

Or had his wife deal with it.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    How about simply reminding each band member of their obligation(s) as a band member and invite those with a different viewpoints to leave the band?

Remind players of their privilege and obligations to be a Texas Longhorn and if they don’t want to abide by the rules, cut em and find someone creating opportunities for others.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

How about simply reminding each band member of their obligation(s) as a band member and invite those with a different viewpoints to leave the band?

Remind players of their privilege and obligations to be a Texas Longhorn and if they don’t want to abide by the rules, cut em and find someone creating opportunities for others.

I'm guessing a lot of the band music majors are on at least partial scholarships. The Eyes of Texas is hardly Dixie.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    They tackle like liberals so...
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

doogie said:

I'm guessing a lot of the band music majors are on at least partial scholarships. The Eyes of Texas is hardly Dixie.
    Why even have a band with scholarships at all, the nfl is fine without them and the stadiums all have state of the art sound systems now.

Vuvuzelas and a retard with a trashcan drum works perfectly in the rest of the world.

Waste of space and money, cut them and just let the band members go pro.
    They’re getting paid and still won’t follow the rules?
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    I like it myself

Rape eyes of Texas... are upon you
    Rape eyes of Texas... are upon you
    Now here come the girls
    In that pretty red Ford
    Yeah they're packing the girls
    In that pretty red ford
    And out of the engine
    Came the flame with a name
    It burned up my mind
    It made me insane
    Rape eyes of Texas
    Are upon you
    I put on my boots And I got down to work
    Yeah I sang her a song
    And I got down to work
    And out of the engine
    Came the flame with a name
    It burned up my mind
    It made me insane
    Rape eyes of Texas
    Are upon you
    Get me a bottle
    Get me a smoke
    I gotta kick back
    Gotta let it all go
    In the middle of nowhere
    Is where I want to be
    In the shade of the pines
    Is where I wanns be
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

They’re getting paid and still won’t follow the rules?

They have been taught that the rules don't apply to woke SJWs. On the whole, they have been correct.
    Actual lyrics:

The wording of the song is as follows.[5]

The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
    All the livelong day.
    You cannot get away.
    Do not think you can escape them
    At night or early in the morn --
    The Eyes of Texas are upon you
    Til Gabriel blows his horn.

As stated, the lyrics are set to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad." It is common practice that the last line, "Til Gabriel blows his horn," is sung and played to a slightly slower beat than the rest of the song. Students, faculty, staff, athletes, and alum punctuate each beat of the last line with a small chopping motion of their right raised arm and "Hook 'Em" hand sign.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Actual lyrics:

The wording of the song is as follows.[5]

All the livelong day.
    You cannot get away.
    Do not think you can escape them
    At night or early in the morn --
    The Eyes of Texas are upon you
    Til Gabriel blows his horn.

As stated, the lyrics are set to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad." It is common practice that the last line, "Til Gabriel blows his horn," is sung and played to a slightly slower beat than the rest of the song. Students, faculty, staff, athletes, and alum punctuate each beat of the last line with a small chopping motion of their right raised arm and "Hook 'Em" hand sign.

So it's a song hostile to Chinese railroad workers

No wonder the Chi coms want it banned
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    Air was once breathed by slave owners so we need to get rid of this fucking racist oxygen
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    And you wonder why my TUFF Horned Frogs routinely beat the shit out of the t-sippers
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

And you wonder why my TUFF Horned Frogs routinely beat the shit out of the t-sippers

Routinely is a stretch.

Cool Jesus bestowed MBA though
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Routinely is a stretch.

TCU is 7-2 against Texas since joining the Big 12 ... so I’d say that’s pretty routine

You know how I know you guys are all fags???

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Routinely is a stretch.

TCU is 7-2 against Texas since joining the Big 12 ... so I’d say that’s pretty routine
    I actually didn't know this. Embrassing for Texas lol
    Tequilla said:

Was in Dallas yesterday. There are some fine looking women in that city.

Lots of fake boobs too but no complaints.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,100 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Was in Dallas yesterday. There are some fine looking women in that city.

Lots of fake boobs too but no complaints.

I agree Dallas has some good lookers and more "doable" chicks than anywhere else. Best lookers still So. Kal.