Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do I Need a Prenup?

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Another great video.

My parents always reminded me that marriage is as much of a business contract as it is a romantic commitment. If you can’t have an honest conversation about money with your future spouse and what would happen if (heaven forbid) you’d get a divorce than I don’t think you should marry them.

So yeah, I’d ask for a prenup, if I was a millionaire or didn’t have two cents to rub together. As Dave so beautifully puts it, it creates boundaries, which is important in any healthy relationship.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kind of a moot point in community property states.

Maybe if there's some significant assets acquired prior to marriage- but you're pretty well locked in to 50/50 during the marriage.

It's cheaper to shack up at home.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I don't need a prenump because any woman would be crazy to leave me. But I can see why you all might need one. Sad.

Yes, not every man is blessed with your good looks, gun and guitar collections, Carl. 😉
    His two inches of thunder too
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Kind of a moot point in community property states.

Maybe if there's some significant assets acquired prior to marriage- but you're pretty well locked in to 50/50 during the marriage.

It's cheaper to shack up at home.

The golden rule is to marry someone that has more assets than you do.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2020
    You can do that, or keep a separate account at a different bank where statements get mailed to your business or emailed to your business email. This is also illegal, so I wouldn't recommend it.
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020

You can do that, or keep a separate account at a different bank where statements get mailed to your business or emailed to your business email. This is also illegal, so I wouldn't recommend it.

There was an episode of Mad Men called “5G” where the advertising campaign Don is working on is for Liberty Capital Savings. He and the team come up with the idea opening up secret discretionary accounts that the women in their life won't know about—the Executive Account.

Of course Don would come up with this. 😅

Keeps the forensic accountants busy I suppose.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

There was an episode of Mad Men called “5G” where the advertising campaign Don is working on is for Liberty Capital Savings. He and the team come up with the idea opening up secret discretionary accounts that the women in their life won't know about—the Executive Account.

I mean...every frat house has done this
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020

Hired forensic accountants?

I mean, you know those bitch Kappas were pilfering money from the Greek Week fund!

I mean, you know those bitch Kappas were pilfering money from the Greek Week fund!
    Hey I used the slush fund to buy booze for the whole house

It just happened to be conveniently located in my room
    Standard Supporter

I’d expect nothing less more from you @Pitchfork51.

I’d expect nothing less more from you @Pitchfork51.
    I got kicked out of being treasurer. And in our presidents infinite wisdom he made my roommate the treasurer.

I was like...okay!