Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

if/when Trump wins

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    thechatch said:

He’s not going to win.

Biden will be President in 2020.

There will not be a traditional debate. Schools will not be reopened until AFTER the election. Restrictions on businesses and public gatherings will not be lifted until votes are cast.

I have this from people that would know. Biden has been told to limit exposure as much as possible. No public appearances with Q/A. No townhalls. No debates. No Non-scripted interviews. DNC still deciding for him who is VP would be. Biden has ZERO say-so in the process.

Imagine placing someone like that in the Oval Office.

ScreenShot
    ScreenShot
    ScreenShot

I doubt some of that, based on what I'm told by my own people who would know.

interviews, appearances, etc. yeah, sure. like any politician, his handlers are likely telling him, perhaps a bit more nicely than his Tug advisors would communicate, that he's not great on his feet anymore (if he ever was). so, yeah, probably; and the pandemic is a really nice excuse to keep him behind a screen. Trump would carve him up at a town hall.

It's also a long way from done that Trump loses, and the idea that Biden has zero say in the whole process is basically bullshit. he is a powerful man in his party. don't doubt it.

Basically the calculus is this: will Trump's base, who literally will never leave him, lose to some mythical increase in the vote from the left that supposedly didn't turn out last tim because Hillary had it in the bag? Who was on team Trump before and not now? And, why? I ain't buyin' it. Trump voters love who he is precisely because of the way he is, warts and all. They're not switching and they're not staying home.

There's not a lot of swing here either. Swingers stay home in this one because neither candidate is going to do anything to @Swaye them. People have picked their tribes. They almost should cancel all the campaign bullshit and save everyone the time and money. This thing could be counted right now.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

As I was watching the Lakers last night I was thinking about the handful of players opting out and realized its the dynamic of any group. There is always the guy that despite anything you tell him thinks he is the .001 percent that is going to die from Covid as a healthy young male. He's the guy in the war movie who knows he is dead. Fear affects everyone a little different.

Of course a Black player has a 97% chance of dying because the Vid is racist

I still can’t believe anyone would opt out. A player already got a nice break from the grind and they can’t partake in the normal nightclub circuit in LA, NY, and Vegas because Covid.
    I know Trevor Ariza of the Blazers opted out because of child custody issues Apparently he gets his son this summer for a month and didn’t want to give that up. I can understand that reasoning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29349415/sources-blazers-trevor-ariza-opting-participation-nba-orlando-restart?platform=amp

Ariza, a starter, has been involved in a custody case over his 12-year-old son, and the mother's decision to grant a court-ordered, one-month visitation period during the league's quarantine of teams in Orlando, Florida, led Ariza to choose his parenting responsibilities over competing with the Blazers in the 22-team restart, sources said.

Ariza, 34, could lose between $1 million and $1.8 million in salary, based on whether the Blazers qualify for the playoffs, for not participating in the restart. Ariza has a minimally guaranteed $12.8 million contract for the 2020-21 season
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

The level of the hoax is really incredible. How the liberals got South Africa, India, western Europe and Brazil in on it is truly amazing. Makes perfect sense for them to allow 200,000 deaths of their people just to derail Trump. Getting Fauci to turn political after 36 years serving both R/D administrations is also quite a coup. He really did play the long game to finally show his hand.

The thing that is weird with the dems plan is if Trump even remotely handled this like a president, he would have been really hard to defeat in November. Everyone loves a hero. The majority of Americans think this is actually real. He has completely abandoned 68% of Americans with his position. It's not an accident that governors (gop and dems both) who spoke with empathy and protected their citizens the best they could are polling off the charts. It's called reading the room.

In some good news, my brother works in a hospital in NE San Diego Co. Some of the prominent Drs run a weekly covid zoom meeting with hospital staff. He said the one MAJOR improvement we've made in ICUs across the country is keeping really sick people alive. With this case load if we were as clueless about the treatment as we were when it was ravaging the NE we would be seeing huge death totals. As I have said for 4 months, this is our way out of this as a society. Ramp up testing and and mitigate the risk in people's minds. I was told I was an idiot then, and I'm sure I will be told the same now.

It's not debatable, the federal govt (admin and congress) fucked up this response from the get go. We are 6 months into this and we are still neck deep in this, whether you think it is fake or not. This is not a political take. It's actually what is going on right now in our country, and our leaders are too busy playing politics for anyone to actually be working on the problem. It's really depressing.

I feel fairly confident that doctors, researchers and scientists are busily working on the problem as I type this.

I'm also confident that no politician anywhere is holding back a cure for the COVID.

But maybe that's just me.
    Well, if it's you, then it's not just you, because it's also me. Agreed.
    @creepycoug @TurdBomber

the only thing I disagree with is when a cure is available a politician WILL hold back that cure.
    This I believe because he or them will need time to invest into the cure. Once their $$$$$ is in the right place, cure is available.

Youse guys have faith in the cure, I have faith in the ashhats that we call politicians will do wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    BayDawg said:

The level of the hoax is really incredible. How the liberals got South Africa, India, western Europe and Brazil in on it is truly amazing. Makes perfect sense for them to allow 200,000 deaths of their people just to derail Trump. Getting Fauci to turn political after 36 years serving both R/D administrations is also quite a coup. He really did play the long game to finally show his hand.

The thing that is weird with the dems plan is if Trump even remotely handled this like a president, he would have been really hard to defeat in November. Everyone loves a hero. The majority of Americans think this is actually real. He has completely abandoned 68% of Americans with his position. It's not an accident that governors (gop and dems both) who spoke with empathy and protected their citizens the best they could are polling off the charts. It's called reading the room.

In some good news, my brother works in a hospital in NE San Diego Co. Some of the prominent Drs run a weekly covid zoom meeting with hospital staff. He said the one MAJOR improvement we've made in ICUs across the country is keeping really sick people alive. With this case load if we were as clueless about the treatment as we were when it was ravaging the NE we would be seeing huge death totals. As I have said for 4 months, this is our way out of this as a society. Ramp up testing and and mitigate the risk in people's minds. I was told I was an idiot then, and I'm sure I will be told the same now.

It's not debatable, the federal govt (admin and congress) fucked up this response from the get go. We are 6 months into this and we are still neck deep in this, whether you think it is fake or not. This is not a political take. It's actually what is going on right now in our country, and our leaders are too busy playing politics for anyone to actually be working on the problem. It's really depressing.

I read so much of this in the Tug. Some indication the poster believes the pandemic to be a hoax, then 10 paragraphs of bullshit that barely makes sense if the poster thinks the pandemic is real, and makes zero sense if not.

If you think it's a hoax, then literally every word you typed after "hand" was both unnecessary and non-sensical.

Is it a life-threatening virus or isn't it? From that point, you have to pivot one way or the other with your criticism of ... well anything.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BayDawg said:

I read so much of this in the Tug. Some indication the poster believes the pandemic to be a hoax, then 10 paragraphs of bullshit that barely makes sense if the poster thinks the pandemic is real, and makes zero sense if not.

If you think it's a hoax, then literally every word you typed after "hand" was both unnecessary and non-sensical.

Is it a life-threatening virus or isn't it? From that point, you have to pivot one way or the other with your criticism of ... well anything.
    Think you misread that, jefe. It’s ok, ESL & all.
  • Options

BayDawg said:

Then esplain it to me as if I were a hot-tempered fruit picker with natural rythm and swarthy good looks. Was the first paragraph in mockery of my Tug brothers of the conspiracy order?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

BayDawg said:

Then esplain it to me as if I were a hot-tempered fruit picker with natural rythm and swarthy good looks. Was the first paragraph in mockery of my Tug brothers of the conspiracy order?
    Claro
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

BayDawg said:

I feel fairly confident that doctors, researchers and scientists are busily working on the problem as I type this.

I'm also confident that no politician anywhere is holding back a cure for the COVID.

But maybe that's just me.
    Well, if it's you, then it's not just you, because it's also me. Agreed.
    @creepycoug @TurdBomber

the only thing I disagree with is when a cure is available a politician WILL hold back that cure.
    This I believe because he or them will need time to invest into the cure. Once their $$$$$ is in the right place, cure is available.

Youse guys have faith in the cure, I have faith in the ashhats that we call politicians will do wrong.
    I'm guessing they've already loaded up on Options, hidden within a supposedly Blind Trust.

Failing that, the O/U bets will be enough to make them millions.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

He’s not going to win.

There will not be a traditional debate. Schools will not be reopened until AFTER the election. Restrictions on businesses and public gatherings will not be lifted until votes are cast.

I have this from people that would know. Biden has been told to limit exposure as much as possible. No public appearances with Q/A. No townhalls. No debates. No Non-scripted interviews. DNC still deciding for him who is VP would be. Biden has ZERO say-so in the process.

ScreenShot
    ScreenShot
    ScreenShot

interviews, appearances, etc. yeah, sure. like any politician, his handlers are likely telling him, perhaps a bit more nicely than his Tug advisors would communicate, that he's not great on his feet anymore (if he ever was). so, yeah, probably; and the pandemic is a really nice excuse to keep him behind a screen. Trump would carve him up at a town hall.

It's also a long way from done that Trump loses, and the idea that Biden has zero say in the whole process is basically bullshit. he is a powerful man in his party. don't doubt it.

Basically the calculus is this: will Trump's base, who literally will never leave him, lose to some mythical increase in the vote from the left that supposedly didn't turn out last tim because Hillary had it in the bag? Who was on team Trump before and not now? And, why? I ain't buyin' it. Trump voters love who he is precisely because of the way he is, warts and all. They're not switching and they're not staying home.

There's not a lot of swing here either. Swingers stay home in this one because neither candidate is going to do anything to @Swaye them. People have picked their tribes. They almost should cancel all the campaign bullshit and save everyone the time and money. This thing could be counted right now.
    Good chit @creepycoug this is more or less what I see.

Same media banging the same drums as 2016 in an attempt to get Trump's supporters to stay home.

For every supposed GOP voter disgusted by his Twitter antics staying home there's 5 independent or even Dem working class voters that saw the writing on the wall the last 4 years. The dems are a party of socialists and the corrupt global elite taking advantage of the useful idiots. Look at the Tugtards, lots of them *were working class dems.

Trump could still fuck this up. Biden could still fuck this up. The game still has to be played on Saturday.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Creep,

Repeat after me. He ain’t winning....and It ain’t gonna be close. Those light blue swing voters in the UMW that turned out for Trump in 2016 are gone baby gone.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    thechatch said:

Creep,

Repeat after me. He ain’t winning....and It ain’t gonna be close. Those light blue swing voters in the UMW that turned out for Trump in 2016 are gone baby gone.

You underestimate the Dem ability to fuck everything up
  • Options

thechatch said:

Creep,

They fucked up in 2016 because Hillary wanted to fundraiser and attend dinner parties more than she wanted to campaign and the whole party dismissed Trump.

Now, it’s “vote blue or the world is ending” and that message is resonating.

In 2016, his candidacy was an amusement to the left and no one took the election seriously. In 2020, Everything is Trump’s fault and you’ll see low turnout at the polls in his target demo thanks to Covid restrictions. The DNC avoided the only fuckup that would have allowed Trump to win and that was not letting Sanders get the nod. They’re finally playing SEC ball after too many cycles in the PAC12.

It’s cooked, fam.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Hillary lost because she didn't want to campaign then Biden will lose because he can't campaign

Science
  • Options

If Hillary lost because she didn't want to campaign then Biden will lose because he can't campaign

Science

They’ve made it so he doesn’t have to. He can hide in his basement, avoid head to head debates, and duck any and all interviews at his leisure while he just runs out the clock, because, apparently, the MSM is ok with it...check that, they’re celebrating it as some kind of master stroke of campaign genius.

Debates were made to appeal to the moderate/swing vote. In 2016, Trump made his mint in those settings. What’s the orange man gonna do in 2020 without the ability to bully his opponent on stage in front of 80 million(check that 90 million thanks to COVID) viewers?

It’s done, folks!
  • Options
    thechatch said:

Creep,

I will return and eat crow chatch. I just don't think the corpse can pull it off.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

He’s not going to win.

ScreenShot
    ScreenShot
    ScreenShot

This was the calculus before voters aged 65+ completely abandoned Trump because of his covid response.

• Options
    All this talk about Biden, Biden is not the featured player of this election. Maybe y'all should tell Trump to stop bragging about passing a dementia test if you want Biden's cognitive decline to be a winning issue for him.

The only chance Trump has is if something out of his control massively helps him, like the pandemic magically improving despite no national strategy and a completely overwhelmed and worthless testing apparatus.
  • Options

Eh. I can't see people taking the virus too seriously for much longer. It's pretty hard when you don't actually see any sick people for like 6 plus months

this board is really good at projecting how they have felt about the pandemic since it began on the broader electorate.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Creep,

They fucked up in 2016 because Hillary wanted to fundraiser and attend dinner parties more than she wanted to campaign and the whole party dismissed Trump.

Now, it’s “vote blue or the world is ending” and that message is resonating.

In 2016, his candidacy was an amusement to the left and no one took the election seriously. In 2020, Everything is Trump’s fault and you’ll see low turnout at the polls in his target demo thanks to Covid restrictions. The DNC avoided the only fuckup that would have allowed Trump to win and that was not letting Sanders get the nod. They’re finally playing SEC ball after too many cycles in the PAC12.

It’s cooked, fam.
    I'll wait and see. The two main plays left are the VP nom which will no doubt piss everyone off. (Watch them get a white chick)

And the debates.