Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dr. Fow Chee has been a human phuck up from the beginning - Read the whole thing.

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Faux Chi knows the mask causes a lack of oxygen and high concentrations of carbon dioxide.

If my then pregnant wife could work a 12 hour nursing shift in a mask you can get over yourself with that shit.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The new "gotcha" game that you are all playing with Cuomo and now Fauci, catching them pulling their masks down in basically empty planes and in this case literally an empty stadium, is embarrassing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It really is

For you
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

The new "gotcha" game that you are all playing with Cuomo and now Fauci, catching them pulling their masks down in basically empty planes and in this case literally an empty stadium, is embarrassing.
    Ted Cruz says 'fuck off' from his airline seat.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I am not energized by the mask issue at all. Wear them, not a big deal. I'm just in for the lulz.

And I'm old enough to remember Fauci telling us not to wear them.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

that was a commercial flight.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Odd differentiation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We can fly commercial but can't sit in Husky stadium. Yes, I stole that from Bill Mahar
  • Options
    Founders Club

Imagine simultaneously thinking a governor 3000mi away is perfect and blameless, and that he needs your tireless and anonymous defense on a shitty college football board

#logic
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited July 2020

We can fly commercial but can't sit in Husky stadium. Yes, I stole that from Bill Mahar

Teachers cant go to school but they can pick up their groceries, get Starbucks, or be waited on by their students working at shitty retail/service jobs.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005

Sledog said:

Faux Chi knows the mask causes a lack of oxygen and high concentrations of carbon dioxide.

If my then pregnant wife could work a 12 hour nursing shift in a mask you can get over yourself with that shit.
    Doesn't make it not true. Did she get headaches? Seems to be the most common side effect.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Doesn't make it not true. Did she get headaches? Seems to be the most common side effect.
    Nurses and doctors literally spend their career behind masks. You think a brain surgeon would wear a mask if it inhibited their abilities during a surgery?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Nurses and doctors literally spend their career behind masks. You think a brain surgeon would wear a mask if it inhibited their abilities during a surgery?
    I've seen it tested with an OSHA approved air sampler. Oxygen level inside the mask drops below what OSHA requires to work in confined spaces. Effects some more than others. Just sayin'.

I know I am ignoring the mandate here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I've seen it tested with an OSHA approved air sampler. Oxygen level inside the mask drops below what OSHA requires to work in confined spaces. Effects some more than others. Just sayin'.

If only your breath drew more air than just what’s in the mask
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Samplers are calibrated and approved when worn around the face, such as attached to a shirt collar.

If you put it under your mask and exhaled on it, of course it would give a high CO2 reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Samplers are calibrated and approved when worn around the face, such as attached to a shirt collar.

If you put it under your mask and exhaled on it, of course it would give a high CO2 reading.
    It was sampled while breathing. You exhale into the mask and then inhale don't you? I'm ignoring this shit. I put one on to go in Costco when I need to shop there but no ones going to enforce it. I was out to breakfast with friends today nary a mask in sight.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

BS. I worked in medical for over a decade and the only times most doctors or nurses wear a mask is during surgery or around an open wound. They don’t wear a mask constantly.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It was sampled while breathing. You exhale into the mask and then inhale don't you? I'm ignoring this shit. I put one on to go in Costco when I need to shop there but no ones going to enforce it. I was out to breakfast with friends today nary a mask in sight.
    Right, you exhale and inhale. If the sampler was in the mouth when he exhaled, it's going to give a high reading because there is a rush of CO2 going across the detector and it will give a high reading. Give it another second and it won't.

Why?

Gasses, including O2 and CO2 will pass through the mask. Gasses are very, very tiny (picometers) and will pass through cloth and most other materials. Viruses and other particles will have greater difficulty passing through because they are much larger by comparison (nanometers, or thousand-times bigger than gas).

What's a better way to see if it's unsafe to wear a mask?

Try an oximeter? Those things read the level of oxygenation in the body and can detect whether you're not breathing off enough CO2.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

BS. I worked in medical for over a decade and the only times most doctors or nurses wear a mask is during surgery or around an open wound. They don’t wear a mask constantly.
    Just fact checked with the wife (super hot, no pics), she often had whole shifts (12hr) without taking a mask off. I think you might have misunderstood me if you thought I was saying more than that.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Right, you exhale and inhale. If the sampler was in the mouth when he exhaled, it's going to give a high reading because there is a rush of CO2 going across the detector and it will give a high reading. Give it another second and it won't.

Why?

Gasses, including O2 and CO2 will pass through the mask. Gasses are very, very tiny (picometers) and will pass through cloth and most other materials. Viruses and other particles will have greater difficulty passing through because they are much larger by comparison (nanometers, or thousand-times bigger than gas).

What's a better way to see if it's unsafe to wear a mask?

Try an oximeter? Those things read the level of oxygenation in the body and can detect whether you're not breathing off enough CO2.
    Hey just saw it I didn't conduct a test. The guy measured without a mask and then with a mask. Normal breathing. Not she how perfect that is. He placed the probe in the sane place for both which was at the corner of his mouth.