Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Rock Album - 1990?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    No Depression - Uncle Tupelo
    I had to put in Thunderstruck as a Memorial for our beloved Pod’s worst thread ever @GrundleStiltzkin.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction

I had to put in Thunderstruck as a Memorial for our beloved Pod’s worst thread ever @GrundleStiltzkin.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off__________
    Frizzle Fry - Primus
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Rock pretty much goes off a cliff after 1996. So I'm starting to work backwards from 1990 now until these shit poles meet up with the ones from the 70's.

The 80's is no man's land for rock also.
    Agree. The 80’s suck.

I’m sure GNR was awesome at the time. I used to like them myself. The music does not hold up tho.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss. Lombardo proves he’s the best metal drummer on the title track. Chinfuckingcredible drum fills

https://youtu.be/eQpvqPuDJWI
  • LaocoönLaocoön Member Posts: 529
    AIC - Facelift

https://youtu.be/TAqZb52sgpU
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Shake Your Money Maker - Black Crowes

Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Rock pretty much goes off a cliff after 1996. So I'm starting to work backwards from 1990 now until these shit poles meet up with the ones from the 70's.

Agree. The 80’s suck.

I’m sure GNR was awesome at the time. I used to like them myself. The music does not hold up tho.
    Cliff Burton, of Metallica, says FUCK OFF.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    Not rock but it is the best album of 1990.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

@GrandpaSankey can you help me out here?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    Also, Bona Drag by Morrissey is pretty awesome.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Agree. The 80’s suck.

I’ve always liked Metallica. They are much different than the 80’s hair band, which is all GNR is. The legend behind GNR is greater than their music.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Agree. The 80’s suck.

I’ve always liked Metallica. They are much different than the 80’s hair band, which is all GNR is. The legend behind GNR is greater than their music.
    I hate hair metal but GnR was is and always will be great IMO.

It all holds up for me.

Different strokes.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

@GrandpaSankey can you help me out here?
    Sorry, this white boy shit might as well be fine print as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't see it.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Shake Your Money Maker - Black Crowes

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss. Lombardo proves he’s the best metal drummer on the title track. Chinfuckingcredible drum fills

Read an interesting alternate rock history thing one tim where Dave Mustain wasn't a violent alcoholic freak and stayed in Metallica, and instead of Cliff getting killed in the bus crash it was Lars, and Lombardo came over to Metallica (they were very close evidently). Can you imagine, even for a second, a single band of:

Hetfield: Vocals and Rhythm
    Mustaine: Lead
    Burton: Bass
    Lombardo: Drums

Um, jesus fucking christ, that is the best band ever at pretty much every position. Damn violent alcoholism and damn that bus for not pitching Lars out instead of Cliff. Fuck. Now I'm pissed.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    No Depression - Uncle Tupelo
    Swaye said:

Read an interesting alternate rock history thing one tim where Dave Mustain wasn't a violent alcoholic freak and stayed in Metallica, and instead of Cliff getting killed in the bus crash it was Lars, and Lombardo came over to Metallica (they were very close evidently). Can you imagine, even for a second, a single band of:

Um, jesus fucking christ, that is the best band ever at pretty much every position. Damn violent alcoholism and damn that bus for not pitching Lars out instead of Cliff. Fuck. Now I'm pissed.
    Hesher as fuck, bruh.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Hefield isn't the GOAT at anything, but otherwise that's pretty fucking tits.