Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

3.1%

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Percentage of hospital beds occupied statewide by CV patients. Grim. Very Grim.

Also, never going to get there, Jay

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Grandma killer
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Grandma killer

I don't know how to tell you this, but... uh, all the grandmas are already gone.
  • Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Youre full of shit. Washington clinics are already starting to run short of PPE again.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Dugdawg said:

Youre full of shit. Washington clinics are already starting to run short of PPE again.

link?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dugdawg said:

You’ve been cybering with @MontlakeBridgeTroll again, haven’t you?
  • Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    No. I'm living with peope who work this thing daily. No politics. Just fact.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Dugdawg said:

No. I'm living with peope who work this thing daily. No politics. Just fact.

Get that and I don’t think anybody is trying to shit on you ...

But what specifically are we running short of?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908

Dugdawg said:

What does running short of PPE have anything to do with the relatively low numbers of Covid patients in hospital beds?
    Nothing but it makes the China Virus sound worse than it is. Demorat think.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141
    edited July 2020

Dugdawg said:

What does running short of PPE have anything to do with the relatively low numbers of Covid patients in hospital beds?
    Do you think that hospitalizations are a lagging indicator? In other words, as the cases increase, do you think that hospitalizations will as well? Seems to be a logical progression. I do know that hospitals in hot spots such as Houston are full to the point where they're booking adults into children's hospitals because the regular ones can't accommodate them.

Obviously, at this point, people are entrenched in their beliefs that COVID is either a big deal or it's not, no amount of data is going to convince one side either way. If hospitalizations go up, I don't imagine that'll move the needle for those who think COVID is exaggerated.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keep hope alive

Someday. Maybe 8 days or 2 weeks
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,989
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You're telling me that a 42 year old man was stricken with a mystery flu that put him in the hospital. While in the hospital they put him in the Covid ward and he still didn't contract the vid. What the actual fuck is going on?

It’s almost as if other viruses still exist. Early on when the testing was actually testing people with symptoms, 90% were coming back negative, which implies that there is other crud out there still.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,121
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Dugdawg said:

Do you think that hospitalizations are a lagging indicator? In other words, as the cases increase, do you think that hospitalizations will as well? Seems to be a logical progression. I do know that hospitals in hot spots such as Houston are full to the point where they're booking adults into children's hospitals because the regular ones can't accommodate them.

Obviously, at this point, people are entrenched in their beliefs that COVID is either a big deal or it's not, no amount of data is going to convince one side either way. If hospitalizations go up, I don't imagine that'll move the needle for those who think COVID is exaggerated.
    Shut the fuck up mello

22% of hospital beds in Houston are covid
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,989
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

MelloDawg said:

Dugdawg said:

Hospitalizations a lagging indicator of what? The ICU census and confirmed cases were highly coupled until the beginning of June, about 1 month ago.

As far as Houston or hospital capacity.... The rumors of the overflowing cordwood hospitals seem exaggerated...

http://memorialhermann.org/news/joint-statement-from-st--luke%E2%80%99s-health,-houston-methodist,-memorial-hermann-health-system---texas-children%E2%80%99s-hospital-regarding-houston-hospital-capacity-and-executive-order/

"we want to reassure the public that this pandemic is not eclipsing our capabilities. Our hospitals have the ICU capacity, staff and supplies to meet the healthcare needs of our community. In addition, Texas hospitals continue to reserve 15 percent of capacity for COVID-19 patients and medical care continues to be routinely provided in inpatient and outpatient settings without taxing the overall hospitalization capacity."

Likewise Texas Medical official publication from yesterday showed plenty of manageable capacity available... The vast majority of the ICU beds are occupied by non Covid patients and "can be managed by appropriately transferring patients from ICU to medical/surgical beds"

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/overview-of-tmc-icu-bed-capacity-and-occupancy/

NFL teams that can’t actually sell out just put coverings on parts of the upper deck to still claim a sellout.

Same phenomenon as hospitalizations, if the demand was there, they’d take off the coverings.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    MelloDawg said:

Dugdawg said:

That’s like saying Coke sales are up so we expect a lot more DUIs due to people drinking Jack and Cokes. There are a million and one factors that impact PPE supply and demand... no clue how you get to forecasting expected serious Covid hospitalizations from that.