Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden Saying the N-Word on CSPAN

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
But he was just quoting someone so it’s OK.

https://youtu.be/J5mqIUXppVY

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Papa John weeps
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Shock claim

Common usage at your home I am sure
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149

I won’t pretend to know the issues surrounding the nomination of an associate attorney general in 1985 (unlikely any here do as well). That said, I’m not sure how people expect him to deliver the argument he was trying to make. I mean, I’m sure people will parse this out, couple it with “racial jungle” and proclaim he enjoyed saying the N-word (the colloquialism itself of “N-word” not existing 35 years ago, by the way) but that’s about it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MelloDawg said:

I won’t pretend to know the issues surrounding the nomination of an associate attorney general in 1985 (unlikely any here do as well). That said, I’m not sure how people expect him to deliver the argument he was trying to make. I mean, I’m sure people will parse this out, couple it with “racial jungle” and proclaim he enjoyed saying the N-word (the colloquialism itself of “N-word” not existing 35 years ago, by the way) but that’s about it.
    You sure about that?

I know it was a thing pretty early in my childhood though I'm not exactly sure when it was popularized.

I agree getting worked up about this is FS, especially since Biden has said actually offensive things.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This.

We know your a fag, Mellow, but how fucking young and stupid are you?
  • Options
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

I know it was a thing pretty early in my childhood though I'm not exactly sure when it was popularized.

I agree getting worked up about this is FS, especially since Biden has said actually offensive things.
    Not worked up about it at all. I just find it funny that all of the liberals desperately seeking video of Trump saying that same word have proof of Biden saying it in Senate chambers and on the record. Wasn’t there a $1 million reward for Trump saying that word?

Biden doesn’t want his kids growing up in a “racial jungle” and casually uses the N-word on the record.

Yet Trump is the racist.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Tough to articulate I suppose, but phrases like “F word” and “B word” seemed much more prevalent than “N word” back in the 80s, though I grew up in Snohomish Co. People had far fewer inhibitions in just saying the word as opposed to abbreviating it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

He didn't called me a "nega". He called me a "negga" with TWO g's fuck face. It had nothing to do with calling me a fellow "negadawg" as a term of endearment. The context of the exchange was what it always is between me and that bitch. We don't like each other, I got under his skin, and then he called me the fucking n-word and thinks he can get away with it by changing one letter in the fucking word as if it doesn't count when he does so. Then I made it clear to him that I interpreted it as him calling me the n-word, and he did it again. Fuck all of you who have defended him and fuck you @DerekJohnson for not banning him. You are piece of shit human beings who wanna give him a pass because he's handsome af and has been posting here a long time and some of you have met him in person and you like him. Fuck you guys. Oh and this shit is not gonna blow over. I'm going to keep bringing this racist shit up until you do the right thing and ban him.

Wow. Whoever that was sounds like a racist. Dayamn.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

At least 95. I think it was used before

I wouldn't have said the word in 85
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Tough to articulate I suppose, but phrases like “F word” and “B word” seemed much more prevalent than “N word” back in the 80s, though I grew up in Snohomish Co. People had far fewer inhibitions in just saying the word as opposed to abbreviating it.
    Sounds like you grew up with a bunch of racists. You’d think a senator would at least mention what he was going to say weren’t his words and we’re highly offensive, but not Slow Joe, opponent of the racial jungle.
  • Options

It was definitely a thing before 95.
  • Options

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Not worked up about it at all. I just find it funny that all of the liberals desperately seeking video of Trump saying that same word have proof of Biden saying it in Senate chambers and on the record. Wasn’t there a $1 million reward for Trump saying that word?

Biden doesn’t want his kids growing up in a “racial jungle” and casually uses the N-word on the record.

Yet Trump is the racist.
    Gotta disagree with you here. If someone provided a clip of Trump reading a quote in which some other guy used the word, particularly where use of the word is entirely relevant to the context, I'd be on the front lines defending Trump on a WTF? basis.

The question is whether the word is so vile now that it can't even be uttered (except by black rappers and athletes) in any context. My response to such an assertion is, sure.gif. We give words too much power sometims. Sometims we don't give them enough. Either way, ....

I don't think that Biden is any kind of a saint, but this ain't the smokin' gun. You'd need Alex Jones vitamins to get you there. We? can do better on Biden. Like DNC says: he's done and said enough stupid shit that we? don't need to pull a muscle reaching on this one.
  • Options

In '85, you still had your tough liberal logger OP creds with you. You'd have said it if you were reading it. I know I would have. Just ask Ballz.
  • Options
    Just started watching The Free State of Jones last night (saw about the first half).

Matthew McConaughey and a whole bunch of other whiteys use the six letter word many times.

I am not offended at the actors.

There are definitely contexts where it can be appropriate and many more where it is not.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Just started watching The Free State of Jones last night (saw about the first half).

Matthew McConaughey and a whole bunch of other whiteys use the six letter word many times.

I am not offended at the actors.

There are definitely contexts where it can be appropriate and many more where it is not.

McConaughey is racist. Everybody suspected it. Now we all know.
  • Options

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Yet Trump is the racist.
    Gotta disagree with you here. If someone provided a clip of Trump reading a quote in which some other guy used the word, particularly where use of the word is entirely relevant to the context, I'd be on the front lines defending Trump on a WTF? basis.

The question is whether the word is so vile now that it can't even be uttered (except by black rappers and athletes) in any context. My response to such an assertion is, sure.gif. We give words too much power sometims. Sometims we don't give them enough. Either way, ....

I don't think that Biden is any kind of a saint, but this ain't the smokin' gun. You'd need Alex Jones vitamins to get you there. We? can do better on Biden. Like DNC says: he's done and said enough stupid shit that we? don't need to pull a muscle reaching on this one.
    The Bush/Romney approach on how to lose elections.

The Left gets to attack GOP candidates and politicians relentlessly on made-up stories, yet the GOP is still supposed to play nice and be above the fray.

Fuck that, I did that for the entire Bush administration. Biden says racist things, the n-word now being part of it. Kids get kicked out of school and ostracized for rapping songs with that word, yet Biden says it post-CRA and I’m supposed to not use it to slime him?

I like winners, not nice losers.

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Shock claim

Common usage at your home I am sure
    We don't use it, but we know what "N-word" stands for. You?
  • Options
    If that exact video appeared today of Trump, there would be riots in the streets (again) and there would be a rationale Trump could offer that would excuse it. I’m past being nice to the mobs.