Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden Saying the N-Word on CSPAN

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

But he was just quoting someone so it’s OK.

https://youtu.be/J5mqIUXppVY

I won’t pretend to know the issues surrounding the nomination of an associate attorney general in 1985 (unlikely any here do as well). That said, I’m not sure how people expect him to deliver the argument he was trying to make. I mean, I’m sure people will parse this out, couple it with “racial jungle” and proclaim he enjoyed saying the N-word (the colloquialism itself of “N-word” not existing 35 years ago, by the way) but that’s about it.
    You sure about that?

I know it was a thing pretty early in my childhood though I'm not exactly sure when it was popularized.

I agree getting worked up about this is FS, especially since Biden has said actually offensive things.
    Not worked up about it at all. I just find it funny that all of the liberals desperately seeking video of Trump saying that same word have proof of Biden saying it in Senate chambers and on the record. Wasn’t there a $1 million reward for Trump saying that word?

Biden doesn’t want his kids growing up in a “racial jungle” and casually uses the N-word on the record.

Yet Trump is the racist.
    Gotta disagree with you here. If someone provided a clip of Trump reading a quote in which some other guy used the word, particularly where use of the word is entirely relevant to the context, I'd be on the front lines defending Trump on a WTF? basis.

The question is whether the word is so vile now that it can't even be uttered (except by black rappers and athletes) in any context. My response to such an assertion is, sure.gif. We give words too much power sometims. Sometims we don't give them enough. Either way, ....

I don't think that Biden is any kind of a saint, but this ain't the smokin' gun. You'd need Alex Jones vitamins to get you there. We? can do better on Biden. Like DNC says: he's done and said enough stupid shit that we? don't need to pull a muscle reaching on this one.
    The Bush/Romney approach on how to lose elections.

The Left gets to attack GOP candidates and politicians relentlessly on made-up stories, yet the GOP is still supposed to play nice and be above the fray.

Fuck that, I did that for the entire Bush administration. Biden says racist things, the n-word now being part of it. Kids get kicked out of school and ostracized for rapping songs with that word, yet Biden says it post-CRA and I’m supposed to not use it to slime him?

I like winners, not nice losers.

I understand your point and empathize. I hate the race baiting game myself and think we've all gotten too soft. But you just admitted what we all knew: that you don't even believe this is racist. You're basically saying you're going to start using bombs and killing civilians because the terrorists do it. That's fine, but you've given yourself away by (1) picking a really shitty "gotcha" and (2) basically explaining to me that it's a retaliatory and political maneuver.

Even Racebannon trying to support this one came off as disingenuous. You and he may actually believe Biden is a racist. I'm not arguing that point. But I don't believe that you believe this is the proof. Sorry, like some old crotchety geezer once told me, I calls em like I sees em.

I know myself better than you do

If you guys want to normalize Biden's racism have at it. Leave me out of it.

It's not the most egregious example just one of many

Joe has always been nice enough to provide video of his racism and his corruption.

Fuck off
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

I won’t pretend to know the issues surrounding the nomination of an associate attorney general in 1985 (unlikely any here do as well). That said, I’m not sure how people expect him to deliver the argument he was trying to make. I mean, I’m sure people will parse this out, couple it with “racial jungle” and proclaim he enjoyed saying the N-word (the colloquialism itself of “N-word” not existing 35 years ago, by the way) but that’s about it.
    You sure about that?

I know it was a thing pretty early in my childhood though I'm not exactly sure when it was popularized.

I agree getting worked up about this is FS, especially since Biden has said actually offensive things.
    Not worked up about it at all. I just find it funny that all of the liberals desperately seeking video of Trump saying that same word have proof of Biden saying it in Senate chambers and on the record. Wasn’t there a $1 million reward for Trump saying that word?

Biden doesn’t want his kids growing up in a “racial jungle” and casually uses the N-word on the record.

Yet Trump is the racist.
    Gotta disagree with you here. If someone provided a clip of Trump reading a quote in which some other guy used the word, particularly where use of the word is entirely relevant to the context, I'd be on the front lines defending Trump on a WTF? basis.

The question is whether the word is so vile now that it can't even be uttered (except by black rappers and athletes) in any context. My response to such an assertion is, sure.gif. We give words too much power sometims. Sometims we don't give them enough. Either way, ....

I don't think that Biden is any kind of a saint, but this ain't the smokin' gun. You'd need Alex Jones vitamins to get you there. We? can do better on Biden. Like DNC says: he's done and said enough stupid shit that we? don't need to pull a muscle reaching on this one.
    The Bush/Romney approach on how to lose elections.

The Left gets to attack GOP candidates and politicians relentlessly on made-up stories, yet the GOP is still supposed to play nice and be above the fray.

Fuck that, I did that for the entire Bush administration. Biden says racist things, the n-word now being part of it. Kids get kicked out of school and ostracized for rapping songs with that word, yet Biden says it post-CRA and I’m supposed to not use it to slime him?

I like winners, not nice losers.

I understand your point and empathize. I hate the race baiting game myself and think we've all gotten too soft. But you just admitted what we all knew: that you don't even believe this is racist. You're basically saying you're going to start using bombs and killing civilians because the terrorists do it. That's fine, but you've given yourself away by (1) picking a really shitty "gotcha" and (2) basically explaining to me that it's a retaliatory and political maneuver.

Even Racebannon trying to support this one came off as disingenuous. You and he may actually believe Biden is a racist. I'm not arguing that point. But I don't believe that you believe this is the proof. Sorry, like some old crotchety geezer once told me, I calls em like I sees em.

Of course it’s not racist on its surface. He’s reading quotes.

I’ve now embraced Post-Fact America, though, so it should be used as a way to damage Biden. Edit it even with just the damaging sentence and make it viral. This is no honor amongst opponents in politics, it’s now a tribal conflict with those at the top leading it. A factual blood war in the streets, mainly with Democrats attacking Trump supporters.

“They bring a gun, we bring a knife.”

“Get in their faces”

Obama’s legacy.
    That's fine. Seems to be where we're at.
    I’m not thrilled about it, but at some point being nice while the other side destroys lives based on lies, so this is where I landed for the 2020 cycle.

@HHusky is still using Russian names as insults. That guy was so excited when the Steele Dossier came out. Believed it all right away.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Tough to articulate I suppose, but phrases like “F word” and “B word” seemed much more prevalent than “N word” back in the 80s, though I grew up in Snohomish Co. People had far fewer inhibitions in just saying the word as opposed to abbreviating it.
    Sounds like you grew up with a bunch of racists. You’d think a senator would at least mention what he was going to say weren’t his words and we’re highly offensive, but not Slow Joe, opponent of the racial jungle.
    Not a bunch, but definitely one or two in retrospect.

Do you think there was confusion in the chambers that the words he was saying weren’t his? Do you think other legislators thought he was stating his opinion and not that of someone else’s?
    It’s damaging no matter the context.
    It is, but only if you lie about the context. And you're not really above that, are you Boris?

Can you read? I’m not against it at all. I’m embracing it. Biden said racial slurs and didn’t at all seem uncomfortable about it.

Also, there’s the predictable Russian name, @creepycoug. H has no range.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Tough to articulate I suppose, but phrases like “F word” and “B word” seemed much more prevalent than “N word” back in the 80s, though I grew up in Snohomish Co. People had far fewer inhibitions in just saying the word as opposed to abbreviating it.
    Sounds like you grew up with a bunch of racists. You’d think a senator would at least mention what he was going to say weren’t his words and we’re highly offensive, but not Slow Joe, opponent of the racial jungle.

Do you think there was confusion in the chambers that the words he was saying weren’t his? Do you think other legislators thought he was stating his opinion and not that of someone else’s?
    It’s damaging no matter the context.
    It is, but only if you lie about the context. And you're not really above that, are you Boris?

Can you read? I’m not against it at all. I’m embracing it. Biden said racial slurs and didn’t at all seem uncomfortable about it.

Also, there’s the predictable Russian name, @creepycoug. H has no range.
    You appear in the run up to an election every four years. Da?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Why would I possibly know or care what others in the room thought?

I do like to see the Biden people squirm. It’s damaging no matter the context.
    Because you seemed to think people in the room needed clarification that his words weren’t his when everyone knew he was quoting someone else. I don’t think there was confusion as to that point.

The racial jungle quote is worse than this one, but again, this will be sewn together with other incidences (mainly likely won’t have context) to smear Biden with those who predicate their vote on social issues.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Houhusky said:

I don’t personally care, I still sing along to all the lyrics of my favorite Kanye songs.

But it would be nice in the little busybody language authoritarians on the left would be consistent with their outrage and supposed moral beliefs instead only weaponizing it when politically convenient.

Same playbook as was used during the kavanaugh and Biden hypocrisy flip flop pulled earlier this year.

If this were trump he wouldn’t make it till November over the pho outrage and pearl clutching.

I agree with all that until the last sentence. What, at this point, could possibly keep Trump from making it to November?
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

Why would I possibly know or care what others in the room thought?

I do like to see the Biden people squirm. It’s damaging no matter the context.
    Because you seemed to think people in the room needed clarification that his words weren’t his when everyone knew he was quoting someone else. I don’t think there was confusion as to that point.

The racial jungle quote is worse than this one, but again, this will be sewn together with other incidences (mainly likely won’t have context) to smear Biden with those who predicate their vote on social issues.
    When white people get canceled by high schools and universities for rap lyrics using that word, context doesn’t matter. But Biden dropping n-bombs like it’s no big deal is OK.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

I don’t personally care, I still sing along to all the lyrics of my favorite Kanye songs.

But it would be nice in the little busybody language authoritarians on the left would be consistent with their outrage and supposed moral beliefs instead only weaponizing it when politically convenient.

Same playbook as was used during the kavanaugh and Biden hypocrisy flip flop pulled earlier this year.

If this were trump he wouldn’t make it till November over the pho outrage and pearl clutching.

I agree with all that until the last sentence. What, at this point, could possibly keep Trump from making it to November?
    Meh, maybe... Republican establishment still hates him and are still cowards... Trump barely survived impeachment...

I could see a few republicans pounce at the chance to Caesar his ass and ensure they aren’t burdened with the responsibility of leadership next cycle over a HARD R video.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

The GOP would run from Trump if he was on tape saying that word. The Democrats don’t care if Biden did because they are the party of racists.

Fun fact: Former KKK recruiter Robert Byrd was Senate Majority Leader in 1985 and there wasn’t a black Democrat in the Senate. Imagine the racist talk in leadership meeting with Byrd at the helm. This was probably just another conversation between Biden and Byrd.

The more I think about, the more I think this could be 100% racist.
  • Options
    @MelloDawg seems to be saying that norms change over time. Yet his team is pulling down statues from people who lived centuries ago because racism.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

I feel like it got put into pop culture during the OJ trials.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,101

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

You sure about that?

I feel like it got put into Cornpop culture during the OJ trials.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@MelloDawg seems to be saying that norms change over time. Yet his team is pulling down statues from people who lived centuries ago because racism.

Do you think it hurt their feelings?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Do you think it hurt their feelings?
    Two words too many. Be better.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Merriam-Webster says first use in 1985 and of course used during an attempt to alter Huckleberry Finn

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Mello was wrong

Thought so
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2020

H and his ilk have called me a racist simply because I voted for Trump

I don't think anyone is getting a break from me