Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,094
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Has nothing to do with the Donovan hire. After the UW limp dicked against Standford, Cal and Colorado I'd take a "wait and see" attitude as a 'croot as well.

If we're allowed to take off our purple tinted glassed for a bit the reality it's not a single season think. The 2018 squad was pretty pussified.

Thank you Petersen
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

mrdoog said:

Do the rumors of coaches/players still being in contact with Troy mean anything?

“Hey Troy you still a duck?”

“Yes jimmy I am”

“Okay cool I’ll check back in a few weeks”

“....okay”

That’s it in a nutshell.
    The best recruiters pretend the player hasn't committed and continue contacting them, daily, often.

How's life? Family? X's and O's. Donovan's new scheme. What's on Netflix.

The kids always say I have "a great relationship" with this coach, or that coach. Until the kid says, "fuck off Im solid elsewhere," the staff keeps working the player, trying forge a stronger bond. If the other school slips on the field, takes the player for granted, shows another player more attention -- make the move.

Junior is on it...Don't think he gets him but not for lack of effort.
    So how did Junior lose Troy? Between Troy's relationship with Junior and Sam, was it all because Pete left and Jimmy hired Donovan? Notwithstanding the fact that Whoregon coaches actually know and like recruiting.

Also what is the "process" you're referring to regarding the coaches "strategy" with this class?

TYFYS.
    I don't think Junior lost Troy. Hiring Donovan and UW's recruiting on a continuum approach did.

Process? Since Pete came, the recruiting strategy centers on getting players on campus (the later the better) before putting the hard sell on. Also, UW will take a kid, regardless of rating, based on their evaluation, not a player's TBS ranking.

No doubt in my mind, Wysth, the new Renton kid and the JV wonder, in particular would have seen their stock skyrocket participating in the spring summer camps. No go with Covid.

Strange tims.

On another note, the bored's Duck traffic is cataclysmic. Also, hearing from a good source subscriptions have never been higher.
    Thanks for this.

Yeah, I guess I was/am wondering if Jimmy and staff have a different process this year (new coach, new staff) than Pete. Other than shitting the bed that is. But it sounds pretty copy/pasta from Pete's time.