Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
So, yeah, shit is weird. The coaches have doubled down on their "process." They think they have it all figured out. Maybe they do? Quite honestly, I'm really intrigued by the athleticism these low/no-rated kids have.

Let's be real, though, and get down to brass tacks. This class all comes down to JTT and EE.

Losing Troy was a gut punch. Losing Prentice would suck. Close JTT and EE, and suddenly our no names become a lot more interesting.

If the big two end up elsewhere, pour gas on the whole program, add in a few truckloads of used tires, toss and match and let it burn

Either way....

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yep.

Get Emeka and JTT.

NEM
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Do the rumors of coaches/players still being in contact with Troy mean anything?
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020

Do the rumors of coaches/players still being in contact with Troy mean anything?

“Hey Troy you still a duck?”

“Yes jimmy I am”

“Okay cool I’ll check back in a few weeks”

“....okay”

That’s it in a nutshell.
  • Options
    mrdoog said:

“Yes jimmy I am”

“....okay”

That’s it in a nutshell.
    The best recruiters pretend the player hasn't committed and continue contacting them, daily, often.

How's life? Family? X's and O's. Donovan's new scheme. What's on Netflix.

The kids always say I have "a great relationship" with this coach, or that coach. Until the kid says, "fuck off Im solid elsewhere," the staff keeps working the player, trying forge a stronger bond. If the other school slips on the field, takes the player for granted, shows another player more attention -- make the move.

Junior is on it...Don't think he gets him but not for lack of effort.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Baseman said:

mrdoog said:

“Yes jimmy I am”

“....okay”

That’s it in a nutshell.
    The best recruiters pretend the player hasn't committed and continue contacting them, daily, often.

How's life? Family? X's and O's. Donovan's new scheme. What's on Netflix.

The kids always say I have "a great relationship" with this coach, or that coach. Until the kid says, "fuck off Im solid elsewhere," the staff keeps working the player, trying forge a stronger bond. If the other school slips on the field, takes the player for granted, shows another player more attention -- make the move.

Junior is on it...Don't think he gets him but not for lack of effort.
    So how did Junior lose Troy? Between Troy's relationship with Junior and Sam, was it all because Pete left and Jimmy hired Donovan? Notwithstanding the fact that Whoregon coaches actually know and like recruiting.

Also what is the "process" you're referring to regarding the coaches "strategy" with this class?

TYFYS.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The bored is well documented for hating coaches so whatever. I'm willing to give him a game or two and a class or two mainly because Petersen pissed me off so much

I also think Lake will succeed for no apparent reason. It would be the same if I thought he was going to fail.

I'm comfortable with the fact that most of you hated Petersen recruiting until it was gone.

Carry on
  • Options

The bored is well documented for hating coaches so whatever. I'm willing to give him a game or two and a class or two mainly because Petersen pissed me off so much

I also think Lake will succeed for no apparent reason. It would be the same if I thought he was going to fail.

I'm comfortable with the fact that most of you hated Petersen recruiting until it was gone.

Carry on

Race was always a closet Posi
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Baseman said:

Carry on

Race was always a closet Doog
    FYP
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Not sure I buy the ‘it turned on a dime’ line. Its more that they were wrong in the first place, but wanted to provide content and act important. They’re a bunch of turds!
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

FireCohen said:

Carry on

I can’t wait to hate in the next coach
    Don't even know who it is and I hate him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Carry on

Praying doog
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Has nothing to do with the Donovan hire. After the UW limp dicked against Standford, Cal and Colorado I'd take a "wait and see" attitude as a 'croot as well.

If we're allowed to take off our purple tinted glassed for a bit the reality it's not a single season think. The 2018 squad was pretty pussified.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Carry on

What does USC's next coach have to do with anything?