Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official visits

13»

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

I’m waiting on Jimmy to coach a couple games first. This is still sizzle. I’m starting to expect the worst, but everything gets fixed by winning.

The problem is that there is so much talent on this team that this team could be very good if there is a season. We know for the most part that the coaches can coach (by and large).

Problem is coach is just part of the job. The lack of recruiting is going to torpedo the program down the road ... that’s the major risk.

Jimmy going 10-2 or 11-1 this year not only results on Jimmy doubling down on what he’s doing being the right approach but almost assuredly results in Jen extending the contract.

Anything Jimmy does in 2020/2021 is riding the bow wave ... we don’t learn about Jimmy until 2022 at the earliest
    Helfrich made a title game, but his lack of recruiting ended him in year 4.
    I would take a shot at a championship in exchange for sucking ass two years later and being back on the coaching carousel.
    Hopefully Jimmy wins an NC, then sucks horribly for two years, then we bring in Justin Wilcox for the long haul, baby.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

I’m waiting on Jimmy to coach a couple games first. This is still sizzle. I’m starting to expect the worst, but everything gets fixed by winning.

The problem is that there is so much talent on this team that this team could be very good if there is a season. We know for the most part that the coaches can coach (by and large).

Problem is coach is just part of the job. The lack of recruiting is going to torpedo the program down the road ... that’s the major risk.

Jimmy going 10-2 or 11-1 this year not only results on Jimmy doubling down on what he’s doing being the right approach but almost assuredly results in Jen extending the contract.

Anything Jimmy does in 2020/2021 is riding the bow wave ... we don’t learn about Jimmy until 2022 at the earliest
    Helfrich made a title game, but his lack of recruiting ended him in year 4.
    I would take a shot at a championship in exchange for sucking ass two years later and being back on the coaching carousel.
    Yea no shit because your getting paid millions to not do your job. The problem is he may already be getting paid millions to do that.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

I get that, but he will start recruiting better if he does go 10-2 or 11-1. If he does, we will all be surprised and happy he did. I don’t care about learning about Jimmy and if he can sustain a program. I just want to win. Right now. 11-1 and I’m very confident Lake isn’t Helfrich just riding the wave.
    He probably isn’t but he also isn’t inheriting the talent that Helfrich did. I
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol at the Wilcocks love

All he does is beat Petersen
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2020

Tequilla said:

I get that, but he will start recruiting better if he does go 10-2 or 11-1. If he does, we will all be surprised and happy he did. I don’t care about learning about Jimmy and if he can sustain a program. I just want to win. Right now. 11-1 and I’m very confident Lake isn’t Helfrich just riding the wave.
    Yeah, if we go 10-2 or 11-1, I'm pretty sure we will see recruiting skyrocket. Winning can cure the recruiting issues. The problem is if we have a mediocre season, you arent building for the future. You're just perpetuating the downward trajectory.

Also, recruiting issues or not, having 2 walk-on level guys on your scholarship commit list in June is just weird.
    It’s like Lake has embraced the challenge of finding a recruit who is not actually good enough to walk on at Oregon
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

He probably isn’t but he also isn’t inheriting the talent that Helfrich did. I
    Other than QB he's inheriting more talent than Sling Blade
    ?

Sling Blade had DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead on DL.

De'Anthony Thomas, Thomas Tyner, and Byron Marshall at RB.

Devon Carrington, Devon Allen, Bralon Addison, Josh Huff, and Pharaoh Brown at WR/TE.

Overall 2020 Washington should have more blue chips, but Helf was handed more proven top-end talent. It only took two classes ranked around 20th with too many JAGs to tank the program. Combined with Helf's lack of aggressiveness and losing the locker room. I doubt Jimmy loses the locker room like that, but I didn't think Helf would either when all the position coaches were proven veterans.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Surprised no one has said this, but you can't get your dick sucked on a virtual visit.

Wanna cyber?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Surprised no one has said this, but you can't get your dick sucked on a virtual visit.

Edit: Big Ern, fuck you and your... one hour...
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Lol at the Wilcocks love

All he does is beat Petersen

Superior culture.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Still extremely early, but I always felt that if Lake fails here, it would be because of x's and o's not the johnnys and joes based on his results as DB coach.

2018/2019 classes can 1000% win the Pac-12 and stay on the field with anyone in the Rose Bowl (including Ohio State)
    2020 class. 100% win the Pac-12, don't have same optimism about Rose Bowl if it's the Buckeyes or even Penn State.

This class at 50% of the way done so far. Can win the Pac-12 if Absolutely Everything (injuries, schedule, bounce of the ball, etc) breaks their way. Even if he can get the four horseman (JTT, EE, Prentice and flip Franklin back) it will be top heavy with limited depth.

Our last 5 commits have been a H/fullback, 5'9 slot corner (who I like), a project who's played one year of fb from Germany, Latu, who we had to circle back on since we lost out on our higher rated guys coupled with his other schools apparently cooling on him and with questions on where his head has been at, and a DL from Renton who no one had ever seen/heard of.

IMO that's 3 guys who are reaches at best, and worse case smell of desperation.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

Every single thing Jimmy has done as HC has been fucking terrible. His staff hires were an absolute flaming shit-wreck.

His complete mismanagement and chincompetence in recruiting has been stunning. The total inability to read the situation and adjust on the fly is a massive read flag. As was his inability to put aside his loyalty to shitty coaches like Bob and Bonerpop and do what’s best for the program.

He seems to have some toxic mix of arrogance and incompetence, and sounds like a fucking used car salesman when he tries to sell the program.

Jimmy’s in way over his head. He is going to be Gilbertson Willingham kind of bad. Take yer screenshots.

That's going into the rotation.