Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Target CEO ... Door. Ass. Out.

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    If you want my opinion, Target is screwed until it isn't. Either way, it'll be interesting.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

This is what happens when everyone on the executive team comes from inside the company for multiple years (35 in the case of the CEO, and same for the CIO).

Target will ride the storm. Americans will forget by Christmas what happened and they will be back.

you would know topdawg - preach it brother. salient post.
    Still stocking me I see.

I can't get over the Affordable Act of Healthcare.
    I'm surprised the alleged CEO you work for has door. ass. outed. You yet for your Obama like defense of the act.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam
    CEO's really do make too much money. They shouldn't even have a salary, their pay should be all incentive based through divs and shares of stock. The CEO's that really know what they're doing take salaries of $1. They still have an absurb net worth, but that doesn't bother me as much as a $15 mil/yr salary.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club

CEO's really do make too much money. They shouldn't even have a salary, their pay should be all incentive based through divs and shares of stock. The CEO's that really know what they're doing take salaries of $1. They still have an absurb net worth, but that doesn't bother me as much as a $15 mil/yr salary.

They'll just game the system in new ways and still walk away with golden parachutes.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam

CEOs should be paid what they are worth. Just like very other person.
    Insightful.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,999
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

This is what happens when everyone on the executive team comes from inside the company for multiple years (35 in the case of the CEO, and same for the CIO).

Target will ride the storm. Americans will forget by Christmas what happened and they will be back.

you would know topdawg - preach it brother. salient post.
    Still stocking me I see.

I can't get over the Affordable Act of Healthcare.
    I'm surprised the alleged CEO you work for has door. ass. outed. You yet for your Obama like defense of the act.
    when it's all pretend, you get to script your make believe how you like. my script has me gainfully employed under all circumstances because I'm irreplaceable. you write yours your way, and I'll write mine my way.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,999

If you want my opinion, Target is screwed until it isn't. Either way, it'll be interesting.

way to go out on a limb. i like risk takers.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

This fucker just made bank exercising the termination cash-in on his contract. He'll take two years off flying around the world on his jet, take long walks with his wife to gain some perspective while his agent is working on his next gig.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited May 2014

This fucker just made bank exercising the termination cash-in on his contract. He'll take two years off flying around the world on his jet, take long walks with his wife to gain some perspective while his agent is working on his next gig.

So? People signing the contract and paying the money decided he was worth it. Good for them and him.

Fucking awful!

Someone lived the American dream.

The mother fucker put in 35 years with Target. During that time he proved himself to be smarter than the guy next to him, and he made it to the top.

At the end of the day he fucked up and was shit canned. He was paid, and shit canned at market rates.

If you don't like it ... work your ass off and make your own American dream.

When that fails, pull a creepycoug and imagine you are someone special.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I don't think someone should be able to make like say... 100 million dollars and keep all that money. They don't need that much, no one does... very selfish imo.

I don't think someone should be able to make like say... 100 million dollars and keep all that money. They don't need that much, no one does... very selfish imo.

"I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. "
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

So? People signing the contract and paying the money decided he was worth it. Good for them and him.
    I'm jealous.

Dude's my hero

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Imagine if they donated a good chunk of that money into research of alternate energy like burning wood chips.

I think we need to spread the wealth.

Because you know, when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.
    topdawgnc said:

Fucking awful!

The mother fucker put in 35 years with Target. During that time he proved himself to be smarter than the guy next to him, and he made it to the top.

At the end of the day he fucked up and was shit canned. He was paid, and shit canned at market rates.

Everything you said is correct.

The problem is that the market rates for CEO's are too high in the sense that they lack risk for the actual CEO.

A CEO could get hired, whack off 24/7 in his office until it's revealed that's all he does, and then get a golden parachute into retirement.

CEO' s need to be held even MORE accountable than the average employee. It often seems like the other way around.

topdawgnc said:

Fucking awful!

The problem is that the market rates for CEO's are too high in the sense that they lack risk for the actual CEO.

A CEO could get hired, whack off 24/7 in his office until it's revealed that's all he does, and then get a golden parachute into retirement.

CEO' s need to be held even MORE accountable than the average employee. It often seems like the other way around.
    I don't disagree it is bullshit CEO's and all executive team members get bullshit golden parachutes.

But it is what it is.

In most cases they earned it. It is market value. I'd go insane worrying about things I can't control.
    edited May 2014

topdawgnc said:

Fucking awful!

They should at least have the decency to use the rest room.

Actually, it would be rare a CEO gets golden parachute money when being fired for cause (i.e. beating off in their office 24/7). GP contracts are usually set up for when a company is sold/merged. GP's are there to incentive the CEO to sell the company when it is in the shareholders best interest rather than blocking or holding up a deal so they can hang onto their salary.

I'm not saying they are all good, but when you are talking about billions of dollars at stake in these deals, it's not that much to ensure it happens smoothly.

I do think its' interesting when people get pissed that a CEO makes X amount more than the average employee. As if that is the reason the average worker doesn't make more and it's not fair! For example, the CEO of GM will be paid about $15 million this year. Around 175-200X the average worker. GM has about 200k employees. If the CEO were paid zero, everyone could get a $75 a year raise....YAY!!!