Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lewis county weighs in with a FUCK OFF!

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

The entire mask situation was so entirely fucked from the get go. It should never have been politicized and it should have never been made criminal.

If from the beginning the message was “hey, here is a dead simple thing you can do that might help out” this would be an entirely different situation. Instead the laws, shaming, and experts talking down to everyone while also reversing course daily and undermining themselves as experts has created this clusterfuck.

“Masks might help, give them a try” was all anybody had to say.

Plus not lying about masks early on.
    This. These asshole experts said not to wear one unless it was an n95 for months. Then they have the balls to start wearing them in press conferences and instruct everyone else to. Fuck that.
    Even further back from that. Fauci (I think) told people not to wear any masks, that it wouldn't help. The underlying reason was rationing masks for healthcare workers, but that's not what they said. Bullshit.
    People like Fauci are why I don’t take any of this seriously. Nobody has known what they are talking about and they still say to trust science.

They have said all sorts of different shit and they had no problem with the protests.
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/jun/01/public-officials-decry-racism-as-public-health-thr/

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/jun/17/spokane-county-health-officer-rejects-county-commi/

You don't say?

• Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 468

The entire mask situation was so entirely fucked from the get go. It should never have been politicized and it should have never been made criminal.

If from the beginning the message was “hey, here is a dead simple thing you can do that might help out” this would be an entirely different situation. Instead the laws, shaming, and experts talking down to everyone while also reversing course daily and undermining themselves as experts has created this clusterfuck.

This. These asshole experts said not to wear one unless it was an n95 for months. Then they have the balls to start wearing them in press conferences and instruct everyone else to. Fuck that.
    Even further back from that. Fauci (I think) told people not to wear any masks, that it wouldn't help. The underlying reason was rationing masks for healthcare workers, but that's not what they said. Bullshit.
    People like Fauci are why I don’t take any of this seriously. Nobody has known what they are talking about and they still say to trust science.

They have said all sorts of different shit and they had no problem with the protests.
    Fauci is a media whore
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

Fauci is a media whore
    Please use his official central party name of Fow Chee

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

I'd like to point out that this isn't a far right position. Roadie is in the middle of the roadie. But he has a brain and isn't afraid to use it
    half of one, at least
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

I'd like to point out that this isn't a far right position. Roadie is in the middle of the roadie. But he has a brain and isn't afraid to use it
    So, IMO a middle of the roadie would vote for Trump versus the commie BLM and anitifa supporters promoting bought and paid for Slo Jo. I can't think of one "middle of the road" opinion held by any significant dem in this country.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

So much this. The media would have you believe if you think masks are stupid you have 12 Nazi flags in your garage. Actually, normal middle of the road humans are smart enough to realize this is all bullshit.
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

What does being wrong 3 months ago matter about today?
    edited June 2020

The last sentence was definitely how they being presented 2-3 months ago. The "laws, shaming, and experts talking down" is a pretty recent result of people not heeding the initial advice.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Swaye said:

So much this. The media would have you believe if you think masks are stupid you have 12 Nazi flags in your garage. Actually, normal middle of the road humans are smart enough to realize this is all bullshit.
    Masks are stupid.
    edited June 2020

no. it's not.

Y'all are in the minority and this is why Trump's numbers, specifically with older voters, have completely tanked since February. There are other reasons, but being proudly against public safety is a big one.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club

I'm more center left in much of what I believe but I find this all too fucking hard to swallow and have from the very beginning. Ive been posting on HCH for years and never stepped foot in the Tug until maybe late February or early March. I couldn't find anyone I know that would listen to me about Covid, lockdowns, numbers, math, science, fear mongering or our overlord Jay. Popped in here to see what the other side had to say and now I'm hooked. Still not sure I can pull the trigger on MEAN ORANGE MAN!!! come fall but I'm sure as fuck voting to the right in local politics. Dems have had over 40 years of autonomy and fucked the state and our biggest city up beyond belief.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

no. it's not.

Y'all are in the minority and this is why Trump's numbers, specifically with older voters, have completely tanked since February. There are other reasons, but being proudly against public safety is a big one.
    Fuck off. I was in Hermosa Beach last weekend with restaurants open and the majority not wearing masks

You think Trump is going to win California bright boy?

You're being a retard trying to politicize this

no. it's not.

Fuck off. I was in Hermosa Beach last weekend with restaurants open and the majority not wearing masks

The people going to restaurants knowing that most there wouldn't be wearing masks, probably aren't the type to be wearing masks either.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

no. it's not.

The people going to restaurants knowing that most there wouldn't be wearing masks, probably aren't the type to be wearing masks either.
    But according to you they are Trump voters

Retard

No one wears a mask in a restaurant. And they were packed