Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    DoogDawgDoogDawg Member Posts: 129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    godawgst said:

It's Oregon's to lose. He's going to stay on the West Coast imo, and of the three he thinks Oregon can win a NC.

His description of us is what old people say about a old pair of shoes they like. Comfortable, safe, secure, etc. That doesn't sound like a kid excited about coming here. What he said about the Ducks is.

Pete why couldn't you have just grinded thru another 12 months and decided you didn't want to go out 8-5....... Recruiting is going extremely suboptimal and has fallen off a cliff since he's left.

Unfortunately, the alternate reality is if Pete stays, we land Kellen Moore as OC (some of you fuckers might not like Kellen, but hype matters and he would've brought it), and almost certainly land JTT, Emeka, and Troy. With the returning defense, we'd be easily looking at an 11 win team.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Oregon: "I think Oregon has a chance to compete for a national championship. Their new receivers coach (Bryan McClendon) has produced some good receivers and I think I will get the system well. "I think I can really help the program get that receiver they need and I have a great relationship with the coaches at Oregon."

Washington: "Washington felt like a comfortable place when I visited. I have a good relationship with the receivers coach Junior Adams and I think I could do well in the system. They have a great quarterback coming in (in Sam Huard). And I like the nice facilities at Washington."

Arizona State: "I like the Arizona State program a lot. They have produced first round receivers in N'Keal Harry and Brandon Aiyuk and I have a good relation ship with the receivers coach, Prentice Gill. It is a great program with great coaches and a young team that’s making noise and they have Jayden Daniels at quarterback."

Alabama: "Alabama always produces first round receivers and they compete for a national championship every year. I have a good relation ship with the coaches, Steve Sarkisian and Holmon Wiggins. And I like the plan they have for me. I’ll be surrounded by great guys and competing at a high level. I’ll also be getting coached by one of the greatest ever in Nick Saban."

Franklin had initially targeted the traditional February National Signing Day for when he wanted to decide, but now there is a chance he'll decide in December, with him now looking at signing during the early signing period.
    Oregon coaches dazzle. Their facilities and last year's performance certainly appeal to a day 1, early day 2 projectable player.

"I think I could do well in the system." Seeing our offense consistently produce and the best players, regardless of seniority --unlike last year --get the most reps, current perception among recruits changes for the better.

Franklin loves Sam and Junior. If we can prove the former, I think Franklin signs with Washington. That said he is an Oregon lean and may commit there soon. If the conference bangs the season, the offense struggles, and we finish behind Oregon, we're fucked.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doomed

If he waits until December to decide then I feel better about our chances then if he's planning an announcement soon. Everyone assumes Oregon's offense will be better than ours because of Moorhead vs Donovan and rightfully so but my inner doog is still holding out hope Jon Don could surprise.
    I dont think hes waiting to commit til December. Hes just signing in December. My guess is he'll commit somewhat soon to Oregon. Jimmy will have to win on the field and convince him to give UW a second chance and visit in the fall.
    I don't even know if that will work. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe he might have said in his instagram live thing that he might be commiting before the season and he won't be doing that decommit bs is what he said. Once he's committed hes going to be done. I know he's a 16-17 year old kid but I believe there is a positive when you get a commit in the boat. I guess the only positive I got from the live thing was he likes Sam Huard alot. He seemed to be most excited with Huard and Jayden Daniels. Hasn't even seen the oregon qb play yet in Shough.

Personally, this all falls on Jimmy Lake to me. When he was first hired he fed us that BS that he was going to be aggressive in every facet of the UW program. He talked about how competitive he is but I don't see it at all. Not with the hires he's made and the current state of the program. We have a BS staff made up of lazy recruiters that cannot connect with kids. I have never missed Coach Pete and his holier than thou attitude more than right now.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I've set my hopes and expectations very low for this class. I still think I'm going to be disappointed
  • Options
    He did say UW and oregon fans are the realest ones when hitting him up on social media lol
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    DoogDawg said:

godawgst said:

It's Oregon's to lose. He's going to stay on the West Coast imo, and of the three he thinks Oregon can win a NC.

His description of us is what old people say about a old pair of shoes they like. Comfortable, safe, secure, etc. That doesn't sound like a kid excited about coming here. What he said about the Ducks is.

Pete why couldn't you have just grinded thru another 12 months and decided you didn't want to go out 8-5....... Recruiting is going extremely suboptimal and has fallen off a cliff since he's left.

Unfortunately, the alternate reality is if Pete stays, we land Kellen Moore as OC (some of you fuckers might not like Kellen, but hype matters and he would've brought it), and almost certainly land JTT, Emeka, and Troy. With the returning defense, we'd be easily looking at an 11 win team.
    With or without Pete, Kellen Moore was only coming here if the Cowboys let him go. McCarthy decided to retain him and that was that.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

DoogDawg said:

godawgst said:

With or without Pete, Kellen Moore was only coming here if the Cowboys let him go. McCarthy decided to retain him and that was that.
    McCarthy’s offense in Green Bay was awful, he essentially just relied on Aaron Rodgers to be QB jesus at all times. He needed someone to take over the offense for him in Dallas. That situation was always going to be better for Moore as long as McCarthy though he was the guy
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon: "I think Oregon has a chance to compete for a national championship. Their new receivers coach (Bryan McClendon) has produced some good receivers and I think I will get the system well. "I think I can really help the program get that receiver they need and I have a great relationship with the coaches at Oregon."

HE GONE!
  • Options
    Our staff cant recruit jack shit off zoom! have you not been here this entire offseason while we've been getting our shit pushed in on the recruiting trail.

Fuck outta here!
  • Options
    Ballz_MomBallz_Mom Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

godawgst said:

Here’s an alternative version.

Pete, why didn’t you quit after the Rose Bowl, like you said you wanted to? We could’ve let Jimmy coach the alpha, let it fucking roll QB. He would’ve played the talent at LB and WR, won 10+ games, and proven his mettle on the field.

Instead we’re in this weird fucking limbo.
    Let’s be honest, if Jimmy can’t recruit after an 8 win season and a bowl win at Washington then he isn’t the right guy. Cristobal recruited a top 15ish class after Taggert’s 7 win season and Slingblade’s 4 win season before that.
    Oregon cares enough about football to cheat.

Cristo got that $EC style.

UW all about losing recruiting battles the self righteous way.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Let’s be honest, if Jimmy can’t recruit after an 8 win season and a bowl win at Washington then he isn’t the right guy. Cristobal recruited a top 15ish class after Taggert’s 7 win season and Slingblade’s 4 win season before that.

Fucking this.