Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Golf Reopened - check out the regulations...( nannystate bullshit )

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Bob_C said:

ramenduck said:

It's unnecessarily granular, but I'd take it. Of all activities, golf is one that didn't need closing. Give me six feet and don't walk in my line. If you can't do that, you're golfing wrong.

Many courses, even country clubs run on razor thin margins, and if they've been unable to even conduct maintenance, some are way behind the 8-ball already.

Two of my favorites were hurting before COVID and I fear they won't make it back.

Country clubs have a chance at least, partially fixed revenue and mostly fixed expenses. Shortfalls just get funded anyways through assessments. My club claims 2/3 of revenue is from dues rest from cart fees and food and bev. F&B is break even at best, not a huge deal if it goes away. It’s a value adder for experience and not a profit generator, prices reflect that. No one cares if you bring your own beer. The good ones will always survive just from the supply side.

Public courses are fucked though. Food and bev are profit centers. Revenue dips and maintenance dips and course suffers and less can be charged per round. Spiral of death. Guessing Inslee will do some mystery shopping on the public side so there rules enforcement will have to be stronger. Private clubs will largely ignore the inconvenient rules.
    Pretty sure they are racist
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

ramenduck said:

It's unnecessarily granular, but I'd take it. Of all activities, golf is one that didn't need closing. Give me six feet and don't walk in my line. If you can't do that, you're golfing wrong.

Many courses, even country clubs run on razor thin margins, and if they've been unable to even conduct maintenance, some are way behind the 8-ball already.

Two of my favorites were hurting before COVID and I fear they won't make it back.

Country clubs have a chance at least, partially fixed revenue and mostly fixed expenses. Shortfalls just get funded anyways through assessments. My club claims 2/3 of revenue is from dues rest from cart fees and food and bev. F&B is break even at best, not a huge deal if it goes away. It’s a value adder for experience and not a profit generator, prices reflect that. No one cares if you bring your own beer. The good ones will always survive just from the supply side.

Public courses are fucked though. Food and bev are profit centers. Revenue dips and maintenance dips and course suffers and less can be charged per round. Spiral of death. Guessing Inslee will do some mystery shopping on the public side so there rules enforcement will have to be stronger. Private clubs will largely ignore the inconvenient rules.
    There’s an Indian guy that cheats. Or I just don’t like him, not sure exactly.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

ramenduck said:

There’s an Indian guy that cheats. Or I just don’t like him, not sure exactly.
    https://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/archives/2015/12/10/spokane-country-club-purchased-by-kalispel-tribe-renamed-kalispel-golf-and-country-club

@Swaye may get his savage revenge as golf courses and country clubs fall. They already swooped in and grabbed an old/rich/white course a couple years back for heap little wampum.

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,020
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our little shit ass, white trash, 9 hole country club has been closed this entire time. Flags out, rakes removed, and ball washers bagged up. Of course, since exercising has been legal, they've allowed us to exercise on the course for the entire time. If you happen to bring your clubs out, that's great too. Just stay 6 feet apart, and don't use your cart. Course is actually in great shape. (and we can bring our own beer)

Cops have been out at least 4 times so far since the bitch-ass neighbors have been calling them. And we've politely told them to kindly fuck off, they are on private property, and we aren't breaking any rules. The cops agree and leave. In fact, I just got done exercising 27 holes.

Suck a turd Inslee.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Just got my country club statement for April, $21.66 line item for WA state golf tax.