Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Golf Reopened - check out the regulations...( nannystate bullshit )

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
https://wagolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Golfing-Restart-Requirements_Final.pdf

Classic liberal nanny state bullshit. Only 24 new regulations

Any course planning to reopen on May 5, 2020, must comply with the following:
1. Utilize on-line or phone tee time reservation systems to pre-pay and limit interactions, and restrict
payments to credit cards only to eliminate the handling of cash.
2. Maintain a log of all customers, including contact information.
3. At the golf course’s discretion, foursomes are allowed if they are from the same household.
Otherwise, no more than two players from separate households per tee time. Single players should
be asked if they would like to be paired together.
4. Restrict play to one rider per power cart, unless a minor is also playing.
5. Regularly sanitize counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets, golf carts,
push carts, cash registers, score posting kiosks, and other frequently touched surfaces including
employee used equipment.
6. Ensure that the flagstick remains in at all times. Players will be educated to avoid touching the
flagstick for any reason.
7. Be creative with cup liners to avoid having players reaching into the hole to retrieve golf balls,
such as installing cups upside down or partly above ground.
8. Eliminate cups and holes on practice greens.
9. Discontinue club and equipment rentals.
10. Restrict use of driving range and putting green to those with a tee time within 30 minutes.
11. Remove bunker rakes and other on-course furniture like benches, ball washers, water coolers, etc.
12. Eliminate on-course garbage cans, encourage golfers to carry and properly dispose of their own
garbage when leaving the course.
13. Modify driving range hitting areas to ensure a minimum 10-foot separation between players.
14. Install signage to discourage group congregation, or to limit numbers of people in a certain area of
the club or pro shop. Golfers will be reminded to be especially mindful of social distancing in the
parking lot, and around tees and greens.
15. Place appropriate signage outside the pro shop and clubhouse plus at the first tee entries briefly
outlining the social distancing guidelines in place.
16. Keep up to date on all changes that are happening daily.
17. Marshall the course to ensure physical distancing by reminding golfers, and where necessary,
warning repeat offenders.
18. Ask golfers to leave the golf course immediately after playing to eliminate congestion/gathering
on the property or in the parking lot.
Other Facility Operations
19. Increase the number of hand sanitizing stations throughout the clubhouse area and check-in areas.
20. Restrict access where unauthorized visitors may enter, most specifically “back of the house” doors
and entry points.
21. Increase frequency of HVAC system filter changing.
22. Ensure restrooms are frequently cleaned and appropriately sanitized throughout the day.
23. Eliminate sit-down food and beverage services, and recommend customers use pre-order “takeout” or “to go” services only. Consider offering cart-to-cart delivery if feasible.

Employee Safety and Health
24. Ensure operations follow L&I requirements to protect workers, including:
 Maintain minimum six-foot separation between staff and customers in all interactions. When
strict social distancing is not feasible for a specific task, other prevention measures are required,
such as use of barriers, personal protective equipment or other acceptable protection.
 Ensure frequent and adequate hand washing. Use gloves when possible (if not disposal, then
ensure they are regularly washed).
 Make sure sick employees stay home or go home if they feel or appear sick, identify and isolate
workers who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 illness, and follow cleaning guidelines set

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’ll review these rules while I’m at a bar Friday #texasforever
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sounding more like J Inslee every day
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wouldn't do a job under that nonsense. Start with 6 feet apart. Written by a retard. The rest is an invitation to endless lawsuits when some fag gets the sniffles
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    Founders Club
    this is so fucking absurd
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whatever. finally have something to do at least.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    25: consider letting golfers “bring their own beer” or “six packs” of alcoholic beverages to cut down on social interactions or exchanges of currency.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,201
    Victory for the Field, in my opinion.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Victory for the Field, in my opinion.

Why? It was growing free until this.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

25: consider letting golfers “bring their own beer” or “six packs” of alcoholic beverages to cut down on social interactions or exchanges of currency.

That'd be wrong and illegal
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2somes only. Courses gonna price gauge, don’t blame them either.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's unnecessarily granular, but I'd take it. Of all activities, golf is one that didn't need closing. Give me six feet and don't walk in my line. If you can't do that, you're golfing wrong.

Many courses, even country clubs run on razor thin margins, and if they've been unable to even conduct maintenance, some are way behind the 8-ball already.

Two of my favorites were hurting before COVID and I fear they won't make it back.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    edited April 2020
    ramenduck said:

It's unnecessarily granular, but I'd take it. Of all activities, golf is one that didn't need closing. Give me six feet and don't walk in my line. If you can't do that, you're golfing wrong.

Many courses, even country clubs run on razor thin margins, and if they've been unable to even conduct maintenance, some are way behind the 8-ball already.

Two of my favorites were hurting before COVID and I fear they won't make it back.

Country clubs are old rich and white.

They were a target before the COVID. The old rich and white country clubs will survive but the young poor and non-white club employees are pretty well fucked because they can't pick up range balls or drive the beer cart or give handies to the members out of bounds in exchange for tips.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Will there be a rules test before you can tee off?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    ramenduck said:

Country clubs have a chance at least, partially fixed revenue and mostly fixed expenses. Shortfalls just get funded anyways through assessments. My club claims 2/3 of revenue is from dues rest from cart fees and food and bev. F&B is break even at best, not a huge deal if it goes away. It’s a value adder for experience and not a profit generator, prices reflect that. No one cares if you bring your own beer. The good ones will always survive just from the supply side.

Public courses are fucked though. Food and bev are profit centers. Revenue dips and maintenance dips and course suffers and less can be charged per round. Spiral of death. Guessing Inslee will do some mystery shopping on the public side so there rules enforcement will have to be stronger. Private clubs will largely ignore the inconvenient rules.