Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eastside Catholic stuff

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    yeah, but why didn't we offer gee jr earlier? and gee sr an "assistant" gig?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Tail end of story said why KING5 sat on the story

I also say it’s super fishy that those videos can’t be re-discovered ... computer forensics can be pretty damning and this should be a layup
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tail end of story said why KING5 sat on the story

I also say it’s super fishy that those videos can’t be re-discovered ... computer forensics can be pretty damning and this should be a layup

it probably can ... nothing is ever "lost" in today's electronic world ... it's more like "what pressure do you need in order to make it happen" to get that video recovered.

What's the political or legal will?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Why did King5 make an editor's note clarifying that one random kid wasnt involved. That seems...odd
    Yep just said the same thing in the Wam.

Something really weird about exonerating one and only one individual.

And the wording is funny too. The police reports explicitly state Scott wasn’t involved? That seems extremely unlikely.
    It doesn't seem odd to me. King 5 had access to all the police reports, and given that it's been widely assumed that Gee was one of the "three football players who received scholarships from prestigious universities", the disclaimer seems pretty necessary. As big of a boob Gee Sr. is, he should absolutely try to clear his son's name.

Now the question is who is that third player? Hopefully not our guy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Why did King5 make an editor's note clarifying that one random kid wasnt involved. That seems...odd

And the wording is funny too. The police reports explicitly state Scott wasn’t involved? That seems extremely unlikely.
    It doesn't seem odd to me. King 5 had access to all the police reports, and given that it's been widely assumed that Gee was one of the "three football players who received scholarships from prestigious universities", the disclaimer seems pretty necessary. As big of a boob Gee Sr. is, he should absolutely try to clear his son's name.

Gee Sr is a douchebag, but the lust for blood, especially when they are saying Gee Jr wasn’t involved is pretty pathetic.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Guys this doesn't get off season natty votes. Keep our eye on the ball
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or EXONERATED

but well done
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Or EXONERATED

but well done

Mission Accomplished?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Gee Sr is a douchebag, but the lust for blood, especially when they are saying Gee Jr wasn’t involved is pretty pathetic.
    Ohh he is guilty.............of having a douche bag father w/respect
  • Options
    I think Hector's mom is a lawyer.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    animate said:

I think Hector's mom is a lawyer.

this story is starting to sound exactly like John Grisham's The Associate.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    King5 story facts:

-All four participants in the sex act remained on the team in 2018
    -One was 18 at the time of the act
    -Three still attend EC
    -All three who still attend the school received scholarships to play football at "prestigious" universities

Other than Hector, who we know was a "witness", only three members of EC graduating class of 2020 are going to play D1 football at "prestigious" universities unless PSU is considered prestigious. I don't think I need to lay out the logic puzzle steps here any further (unless one of the kids was 2021 please god no.)

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Other than Hector, who we know was a "witness", only three members of EC graduating class of 2020 are going to play D1 football at "prestigious" universities unless PSU is considered prestigious. I don't think I need to lay out the logic puzzle steps here any further (unless one of the kids was 2021 please god no.)

How, then, does one explain the offers CP did and didn't make for the class of 2020. He was clearly in the know.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    TTJ said:

How, then, does one explain the offers CP did and didn't make for the class of 2020. He was clearly in the know.
    UW's recruiting tells us who they believed to be involved not who was actually involved.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    TTJ said:

UW did not pursue:
    Ayden Hector
    Gee Scott
    DJ Rogers

UW did pursue:
    Sam Adams

Pete is not infallible, but this story was the reasoning behind not giving Rogers an offer, so I would imagine that extends to the other recruiting decisions made on those players. If Pete knew Adams may have been involved and offered him anyway, I would be severely disappointed.