Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else old enough to remember when some asshole was claiming Tom Cotton...

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
was pushing a right-wing conspiracy theory when he claimed the virus could have come from a Chinese lab?

US officials were reportedly concerned that safety breaches at a Wuhan lab studying coronavirus in bats could cause a pandemic

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-officials-raised-alarms-about-safety-issues-in-wuhan-lab-report-2020-4

Comments

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,596
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the lab was flagged for possible safety violations
    They were studying coronavirus in animals
    Lab located in the city that is the epicenter of the outbreak.

Seems clear to me. You're a racist.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

So the lab was flagged for possible safety violations
    They were studying coronavirus in animals
    Lab located in the city that is the epicenter of the outbreak.

Seems clear to me. You're a racist.

And a right wing conspiracy theorist, just like that right wing rag the Washington Post.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/04/14/the-washington-post-goes-rogue-china-lab-in-focus-of-coronavirus-outbreak/#5e9c19c81ee1

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Seems clear blob craves my attention again.

Studying a virus is different than claiming the virus was created as an potential instrument of war. Smart people grasp the distinction.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    HHusky said:

Studying a virus is different than claiming the virus was created as an potential instrument of war. Smart people grasp the distinction.

Kenny Easley, HELP!!!
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HHusky said:

It doesn't matter for what purpose, the virus still came from them, and by not following proper procedures, they created a global pandemic. I think you give China two choices: Forgive some foreign debt as compensation for causing the global economic collapse, or economic sanction the fuck out of them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Nope, I love exposing you for the lying piece of shit that you are. Weird how you never quote Cotton saying what you keep claiming he said.

Lying Kunts tend to do that a lot.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Nope, I love exposing you for the lying piece of shit that you are. Weird how you never quote Cotton saying what you keep claiming he said.

He has an entire twitter conversation where he engages in saying both (1) he didn't promote the conspiracy theory and (2) that he refuses to rule it out--though science has ruled it out. In short, he's as shady as you are, blob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

He has an entire twitter conversation where he engages in saying both (1) he didn't promote the conspiracy theory and (2) that he refuses to rule it out--though science has ruled it out. In short, he's as shady as you are, blob.
    Science has ruled out that it was created in a lab? Got a link Kunt? Because the intent for which it might of been created doesn't seem to be something that can be determined by Science.

So you've gone from claiming Cotton "promoted" a "conspiracy theory" that it was a Chinese made bio-weapon to now admitting that he just didn't "rule it out."

And of course, you have no quotes from Cotton.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Science has ruled out that it was created in a lab? Got a link Kunt? Because the intent for which it might of been created doesn't seem to be something that can be determined by Science.

So you've gone from claiming Cotton "promoted" a "conspiracy theory" that it was a Chinese made bio-weapon to now admitting that he just didn't "rule it out."

Yes. Science has ruled out that it was created in a lab, blob.

I'll leave you to parse the distinction between not eliminating a debunked conspiracy theory from consideration and promoting it.

I'm not saying you're a donkey human hybrid; I'm merely saying it's one of the possibilities.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I'll leave you to parse the distinction between not eliminating a debunked conspiracy theory from consideration and promoting it.

I'm not saying you're a donkey human hybrid; I'm merely saying it's one of the possibilities.
    Do you mean like the way "science" said that it couldn't be transmitted from human to human and that it came from a Chinese meat market? Science!!!

Since you're too big a pathological lying piece of shit to quote Cotton here it is.

Wow, look at the way he "promoted" that theory.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Do you mean like the way "science" said that it couldn't be transmitted from human to human and that it came from a Chinese meat market? Science!!!

Since you're too big a pathological lying piece of shit to quote Cotton here it is.

That is a small portion of his Twitter feed and not the most explicit portion.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

That is a small portion of his Twitter feed and not the most explicit portion.
    Yes, yes Kunt. The quotes you won't post.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    Why do we fund our enemy? Why are Chinese scientists in our research labs all over the country? Why are we allowing them to steal everything?

Follow the money....
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam

It didn’t start in a lab. Everyone says so. 97% or all scientists agree

Trump said something nice about China in a tweet once
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    edited April 2020
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I'm not saying you have Chinese sperm dribbling off your chin; I'm merely saying it's one of the possibilities.

More like probability but that's venturing into maff turf and we all know how that ends for the Dazzler.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    the bad news is this kind of stuff throws my 'I bite the head off a bat and the world collapsed' theory
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,939
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Best evidence is that it wasn't bioengineered but best evidence is that it did escape from the chicom biolab. The counselor thinks that is just swell and just needs 75k more dead Americans to win some chicom prize money.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

WSJ OpEd: Coronavirus and the Laboratories in Wuhan

While the Chinese government denies the possibility of a lab leak, its actions tell a different story. The Chinese military posted its top epidemiologist to the Institute of Virology in January. In February Chairman Xi Jinping urged swift implementation of new biosafety rules to govern pathogens in laboratory settings. Academic papers about the virus’s origins are now subject to prior restraint by the government.

In early January, enforcers threatened doctors who warned their colleagues about the virus. Among them was Li Wenliang, who died of Covid-19 in February. Laboratories working to sequence the virus’s genetic code were ordered to destroy their samples. The laboratory that first published the virus’s genome was shut down, Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post reported in February.

This evidence is circumstantial, to be sure, but it all points toward the Wuhan labs. Thanks to the Chinese coverup, we may never have direct, conclusive evidence—intelligence rarely works that way—but Americans justifiably can use common sense to follow the inherent logic of events to their likely conclusion.

Mr. Cotton, a Republican, is a U.S. senator from Arkansas.