Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflated numbers

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

No beds, no ventilators, medical facilities over flowing......

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-field-hospital-coronavirus-dismantle

https://www.koin.com/news/health/coronavirus/the-oregon-clinic-furloughs-820-employees-due-to-covid-19/

Oregon clinic lays off 820 today. This is going on at clinics and hospitals all over the country.

And we were told that we needed to shut down, to beat the curve and make sure that the hospitals weren't over run.

I'd say the job is done. Let's get people back to work.
    Exactly, the whole reason for distancing/shutdown was for flattening the curve was capacity and supplies. That part isn’t a problem seemingly except for a place or two.

So what’s the current argument for continuing it? It’s now shifted to damage control over inflated models.
    Right. First.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Anyone who pays any attention at all knows the cases and deaths are undercounted. The only question is how much they are undercounted.

Testing is minimal and scattershot. Another thing Daddy lies to you about.

Yet the US has 300,000 more confirmed cases than any other country. Over 450,000 total. When you consider the % of tests that come back negative, I'd say either we are either testing A LOT of people or the numbers are inflated to fit a narrative. Hmm.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,138
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2020

HHusky said:

Anyone who pays any attention at all knows the cases and deaths are undercounted. The only question is how much they are undercounted.

Yet the US has 300,000 more confirmed cases than any other country. Over 450,000 total. When you consider the % of tests that come back negative, I'd say either we are either testing A LOT of people or the numbers are inflated to fit a narrative. Hmm.
    When the same people get tested multiple times, you may indeed get multiple negatives. That's not the same as a system of testing the population. Most people still can't get a single test, much less many tests.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

Congratulations, murderer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When the same people get tested multiple times, you may indeed get multiple negatives. That's not the same as a system of testing the population. Most people still can't get a single test, much less many tests.
    How are your 2 million imaginary dead friends holding up?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

How's Sweden's laissez faire approach working out?

Sorry I hurt your feelings. But getting the same negative test result five times from the same guy isn't the same as five people testing negative.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sorry I hurt your feelings. But getting the same negative test result five times from the same guy isn't the same as five people testing negative.
    Same as here meaning I was right

And you're wrong

Again
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Same as here meaning I was right

And you're wrong

Again
    "anybody who wants a test gets a test"?
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

All the more reason to keep expanding testing, which our feckless federal government is completely dropping the ball on. So far we've tested at a per capita rate of 0.0067. Some of that is a function of density, but countries like Canada, Australia, and fucking Russia are testing more than us. Pathetic.

And yet the USA is #1 in the world for confirmed cases. 3x more than #2. Seems odd that two countries that border one another have vastly different results. The country that is doing an amazing job of testing has 20,000 confirmed cases. The country that is doing so poorly has 435,000. I'm not sure but I believe that the two countries took action around the same time to curb this scourge. Interesting difference. What (money) could be (money) the difference (money) in the two countries (money) confirmed case totals (money)?
    It's almost as if some of you are starting to understand that healthcare based on the profit model is inferior to the model used in most other industrialized countries.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

All the more reason to keep expanding testing, which our feckless federal government is completely dropping the ball on. So far we've tested at a per capita rate of 0.0067. Some of that is a function of density, but countries like Canada, Australia, and fucking Russia are testing more than us. Pathetic.

And yet the USA is #1 in the world for confirmed cases. 3x more than #2. Seems odd that two countries that border one another have vastly different results. The country that is doing an amazing job of testing has 20,000 confirmed cases. The country that is doing so poorly has 435,000. I'm not sure but I believe that the two countries took action around the same time to curb this scourge. Interesting difference. What (money) could be (money) the difference (money) in the two countries (money) confirmed case totals (money)?
    It's almost as if some of you are starting to understand that healthcare based on the profit model is inferior to the model used in most other industrialized countries.
    Everyone in Spain, France and Italy says so.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    HHusky said:

Noted maffmatician weighs in.

Thud.