Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sub K "the #1 mistake we are making in recruiting"

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2020
    Baseman said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

What mostly matters in recruiting is winning, sending guys to the NFL and location. The problem with UW is they haven’t won any big games and are coming off a eight win season. Compare that to a school like Ohio State that is coming off a playoff appearance or Oregon who just won a Rose bowl. UW’s biggest obstacle right now is showing recruits that they aren’t on a down turn.

Yet you don't agree with criticizing the burnout that dropped the Rose Bowl and subsequently mailed in the 8 win season.
    That “burnout” took us from 7-8 win seasons to 10+ wins and an appearance in a new year six bowl game for three straight years. One down year doesn’t erase that especially when that down year would have been considered a successful season before he got here. He raised the bar and if he was still here, I think he would have won one of those games. Problem is Jimmy doesn’t have a track record like Pete.
    This wasn't a down year.

Favored by the metrics in every game but one, Oregon at home where we blow a two touchdown lead.

Pete decides before the apple cup (probably realizes his offense is such shit he could actually lose to Leach at home) that he's done at Washington, comes out and admits that he's been burned out since before the apple cup.

You act like we're so lucky to have him. He had a formula that could win 10 games with decent experience and yet he still lost to a lot of shit coaches: Graham, Helton (I don't believe for a second UW should have lost that game in 2016), Mora, Guy who just dipped out of Colorado, etc.

Still not over him starting at 8-6 and quitting after 8-5. Beat Oregon just twice. My God. You could argue that he failed at Washington.
    I do feel like we were lucky to have as a head coach because it’s very hard to find a successful head coach in college especially when you compare the resources we have to other schools. As far as the fail thing, I don’t know how anyone could argue the Pete failed at Washington.

What schools are you comparing us to?

Cal who doesn't give a shit? Beavlet and cuog who are poor, and will always be poor? Stanford who really doesn't give a fuck, UCLA who doesn't give a fuck?

Arizona who's poor and only cares about basketball? Utah that is mountain west shit?

Arizona State, Colorado? Meh. Inherent problems for both.

We're competing with SC who's a mess and Oregon, which is a backwater shit school and location. Oregon just so happens to really care, but that's about it.

Who should we be lucky to be better than with Pete?

3/6 seasons were mediocre. 2-4 against Oregon. 2-4 against Stanford. No major bowl wins. That's a pretty bad tenure all things considered.
    Before Pete got here Washington was inherent problems. On paper, sure it’s easy to say Washington should win certain amount of games and conference titles but that’s not how it works. Just ask Texas, Miami or Florida State how difficult it is. Pete did a great job of building a winning culture and improving the roster talent every year. You are entitled to think whatever you like about Pete but I’m personally thankful he took this job.
    Yet kept Bob Gregory, failed recruiter and allowed him to trott out Kyler Manu and stuck with him until late in the season. Let Bush continue to play Baciella, keep Puka on the bench, and bury Spiker on the depth chart.

His finest moment? Propogating a QB competition between Haener and Skinny. Lose, lose. Elite coaches don't take valuable reps from Skinny and consider starting Jake Haener. Jake Haener.

Sure, Pete bolstered the roster and gave good interview. He also finished tied for third in the weakest Pac12 in 50 years then quit.
    I think the QB battle was real. Eason’s a very flawed QB. Sure he has better talent, but maybe he really wasn’t much better than Haener. All Haener would have to be is an average to above average QB to be as good as Eason was.

The reps excuse is lame. Other schools besides UW have QB battles and their QB’s play well.

Eason was at UW for a year and a half by the time he took a snap. He had plenty of time to develop a rhythm with WR’s. Who are you guys specifically talking about? I remember Spiker being one. He probably threw to Spiker a ton of scout teams, with the back ups, etc. Same for Bynum, someone he did have chemistry with.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    From what I heard, Eason wasn’t much of a practice player. If we know anything about Pete it’s at how much he values practice. We will see what he does in the NFL but I suspect that he will bust.
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    dnc said:

I’m truly gutted and feel sick to my stomach reading this.

So much bullying in this thread. Also racism.

I'd like the record to show that I am STANDING UP to bullying. And the racism.

I feel like we should all snap our fingers like it’s a hipster poetry slam now or some shit.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

I don’t like cherry blossoms but this video gave me goose bumps. Not like the are you afraid of the dark type ones either.

If yore just hear to bash cherry blossoms, you won’t lassed long.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109
    guntlove said:

I don’t like cherry blossoms but this video gave me goose bumps. Not like the are you afraid of the dark type ones either.

If yore just hear to bash cherry blossoms, you won’t lassed long.
    "Cherry blossom is now in full bloom"
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone insert that pic of dipshit opera singer catching a td but doing his dance of the sugar plum ferries and magically floating out of bounds while not getting one foot down. that’s my response to Eason wasn’t that good.

A wise man once said you’re only as good as the sum of your parts or some shit like that. Play puka, Bynum, and spiker and shits different.

Can someone insert that pic of dipshit opera singer catching a td but doing his dance of the sugar plum ferries and magically floating out of bounds while not getting one foot down. that’s my response to Eason wasn’t that good.

A wise man once said you’re only as good as the sum of your parts or some shit like that. Play puka, Bynum, and spiker and shits different.

Eason wasnt that great. You cant take one play by a dipshit WR and say it makes up for the terrible interceptions, sub par field vision, late throws, and poor leadership. He was a talented arm that flashed his potential at times and that's about it for his 1 year at UW. Great QBs make the mediocre guys around them look good
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 807
    One thing I will give Eason credit for— he was nails in big games. I know there weren’t a ton, but he balled against Oregon, USC, and the Apple Cup.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam

Eason wasnt that great. You cant take one play by a dipshit WR and say it makes up for the terrible interceptions, sub par field vision, late throws, and poor leadership. He was a talented arm that flashed his potential at times and that's about it for his 1 year at UW. Great QBs make the mediocre guys around them look good
    I’ll never let facts get in the way of a Ballz double down. So here I go.

Eason has amazing arm strength and the personality that appeals to a bunch of alpha primadona wr’s.

Imagine what will happen when Eason has multiple nfl level wr’s to throw to and an nfl quality line.

He’ll be the next thomb Brady.

Alright, so I originally thought I made a great case but was proved wrong. Fuck you. This whole doubling down thing is tough when you realize you might be wrong. I’ll always admire Ballz ability to think he was always right. I don’t posses that trait.

One thing I will give Eason credit for— he was nails in big games. I know there weren’t a ton, but he balled against Oregon, USC, and the Apple Cup.

This is true

Also very true that he struggled at times against subpar competition and has a pretty strong track record of struggling against pressure

Eason has amazing arm strength and the personality that appeals to a bunch of alpha primadona wr’s.

Imagine what will happen when Eason has multiple nfl level wr’s to throw to and an nfl quality line.

Alright, so I originally thought I made a great case but was proved wrong. Fuck you. This whole doubling down thing is tough when you realize you might be wrong. I’ll always admire Ballz ability to think he was always right. I don’t posses that trait.
    Eason has all the arm talent in the world

He has never proven to be able to throw consistently well under pressure

What do you think he’s going to have to do in the NFL?
    Tequilla said:

Eason has all the arm talent in the world

He has never proven to be able to throw consistently well under pressure

What do you think he’s going to have to do in the NFL?
    Am I Ballz trippiling down? Play for a team with a good line and amazing wr’s.

Other answer, be placed in a simplistic style O that allows him to sling like a gun slinger with his hand making jerk off motions while backed by an amazing fucking D.

Does any nfl team run a simple o?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TTJ said:

Looking forward to all these Eason haters falling silent this fall.

You mean he’s going to play well in the NFL? Or that he’s better than the bums we will have playing QB for us this year? I agree with the latter.

Did you miss the video that showed him misreading multiple would-be walk-in TDs in that game?